By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 owners: are you tempted by Natal?

PS3 owners: are you tempted by Natal?

YES! It has convinced me to buy a 360. 45 6.24%

Somewhat... I want to see... 61 8.46%

Meh. It's unlikely to ma... 101 14.01%

Not really, I'm more int... 202 28.02%

No way, it's just another crappy gimmick. 312 43.27%

Total:721

None of the above. I am tempted by Natal, but not enough to justify buying a 360 for it. I'll "make do" with Move for gaming uses.

Most likely (given it's coming on PC) if/when I upgrade to a new PC I'll look at Natal for the PC depending on what applications are available on that platform.

If I can talk to my PC (like with Milo) and tell it to do certain things then that would be pretty useful (and cool). Even better if I can get my PC to read out my e-mails and other such things (read me an e-book) that would save a lot of screen time and eye strain.

I'm certain Natal will make it to my house eventually.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Near the point where I couldn't care less.

4 ≈ One

ph4nt said:
I'm tempted to laugh.

Three 360's have made their way into my house since launch. 2 of them died. One is brand new, my nephews grandmother bought it for him recently. I have no faith in the xbox brand, the quality is unacceptably poor and I will not spend a cent on xbox branded items this generation. You cannot reward microsoft for this failure. I love windows, its a solid secure product, but Xbox is broken as always has been in one way or another. Natal is move without the controller, move can easily be programmed to give natal-like abilities, but natal can't be retro fitted, youll need to buy a controller when they inevitably make one

i own both ps3 and xbox and i have no intrest in natal

Around the Network

i don't really like motion controlled games so i don't think i am interested in both, but i gotta admit Ape Escape is pretty much a ....controller seller? xD

am also interested on what developers will do with natal being a no controller thing i wanna know how certain types of games will be played.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

If I didn't like the Wii for motion control why would I like Natal?

it's going to fail in so many ways

oldschoolfool said:
the people that aren't interested will be shocked and eat there words,mark my words. lol

id probably have more fun eating my own words than hitting big balls at blocks, lets get real here, natal is going to appeal to the kids and very very casual gamers who want nothing to do with complicated controls or buttons in the slightest , if they can capture that audience it will do alright if it doesnt then no one is going to buy it , lets wait till e3 , but you can probably mark my words in that i think sony move will cater to the casual and hardcore, natal wont be

eh no. Microsoft hasn't shown any good games yet. (the same can be said about Move) I didn't really want a Wii until after I saw how the motion controls worked with a game I wanted (note, I wanted it for Zelda, but was waiting until I could just walk in a store and get one). I don't want "flail like crazy to block the balls" that they showed at E3. So maybe after E3 2010 I'll be interested, but who knows.

From a technical perspective, I'd like to try it out to see how well it tracks my body.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)