By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 owners: are you tempted by Natal?

PS3 owners: are you tempted by Natal?

YES! It has convinced me to buy a 360. 45 6.24%

Somewhat... I want to see... 61 8.46%

Meh. It's unlikely to ma... 101 14.01%

Not really, I'm more int... 202 28.02%

No way, it's just another crappy gimmick. 312 43.27%

Total:721

Im more curious, they have not really shown anything, they need something so fire that I have no choice but to fork over my dought for a 360, but im not holding my breath. same goes for Move

Around the Network

it's got me interested and I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it, but I need to have some hands on experience before i could begin to decide to pick up a 360

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

simple the answer is no, one thing is that till now M$ has showed nothing that will interest me in getting the Natal

In the end, Natal will be too complicated to program for, more expensive than Move, will be put on a system that is heavily oriented towards shooters and for the most part uninterested in a diverse range of genres, and finally wont be used on major games without them being dumbed down. Big games that require natal will require a simplified interface which is difficult because natal is all about individual control.

That will require the programmers to code for controllers and something a lot more complicated like natal simultaneously. Sheesh, i'd hate to program for natal.

Not even a little bit based on what has been shown so far.

Around the Network

I was tempted by the wii motion controller but most of the games are very bad imo, and then Sony announced ps move so i decided to wait for it , instead of wasting money buying a wii, i dont like nintendo games at all

To be honest:

I actually dont know if Natal is going to be a success in the gaming world. I have to play with it first maybe its going to surprise me.

But I honestly think at the moment that its going to flop. Maybe the kind of people who bought eyetoy will buy Natal. Maybe advertising will help natal. I am not tempted at all. Technology like natal could you transfer in a virtual world in 20 years but today it just lacks hard and software to make real use of Natal.

Still after playing it my opinion could be the opposite. It all depends on how it will be.

I was once a PS3 owner so my vote also counts(?):

- No

Microsoft is hyping up Natal with words from dev's while they should be doing that with games.

So far what we have seen was a - in most videos - laggy party game.

I wanna see Natal's megaton

i won't buy it although i know it will be more successful than the PS MOVE.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Both Natal and Move interest me because I've seen interesting games on the wii, such as Metroid Prime 3, that would be interesting to see using a much more responsive control system, as well as games, such as Lair and Heavy Rain, that seem to naturally lean towards motion controls and would be fun.

The problem with going down this road is what nintendo is seeing. Sometimes I want to get past all the shenanigans of the motion controls and play my game. Having a choice to switch control schemes would be nice, but honestly after a while who wants to be waving a stick around mashing a button when you could just be holding something stationary mashing a button.