By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 owners: are you tempted by Natal?

PS3 owners: are you tempted by Natal?

YES! It has convinced me to buy a 360. 45 6.24%

Somewhat... I want to see... 61 8.46%

Meh. It's unlikely to ma... 101 14.01%

Not really, I'm more int... 202 28.02%

No way, it's just another crappy gimmick. 312 43.27%

Total:721

IDK why they're trying to force a new control scheme on people with this natal nonsense. traditional controllers are still the best. and motion controls (wii and move) are decent for some games. you really think you can play games like marvel vs capcom 3 with natal? how about the new halo games? It will ruin hardcore games if they try to use it. and that leaves stupid minigames that while fun are only fun for like 20 minutes or the boring milo presentation that they showed. seriously I would rather not waste my time talking to and interacting with a fictional character, ill go out and chill with real people because its more fun and less boring.

but lets wait and see because maybe they're waiting to introduce some key element that will lead me to believe that this thing will actually work and be better than other control schemes.

Around the Network

I'm tempted to laugh.

The only interest i have in it is to see just how badly it flops.

Haven't seen anything to tempt me yet, and I do own a 360 I'm not one to buy into MS hype. They have yet to show off what they got in action. I'm on the fence I'll probably have a firm decision after E3. Move is as good as bought for me, since I play a lot of golf in real life and TW11 supports it.

I won't get natal or move. Not for me.

Around the Network
NicholasCage said:
Well, they are releasing it for PC also so I'll be getting it for that. No point in getting a 360 still.

see. this helps me. PC for all 360 games vote now. GEARS 3 for my PC?

I own a 360 but from the demo's i've seen it doesnt look that tempting to me. I think the price point they offer it at will be the biggest factor in my decision because if it's $199 then there's no way Im picking it up. Now if they have some crazy shit to show at E3, that could also change my mind.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Move, Natal aren't things made for me, there are for a different market. So far, I know of one game that I see over and over again. I think we need to see a little more. Anyone who is going to buy Natal right now based on what we've is just buying the hype.
What I have seen is things like Milo which turned out to be fake and ways of controlling the user interface, those things means nothing to me.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Tbone said:
oldschoolfool said:
Tbone said:
oldschoolfool said:
the people that aren't interested will be shocked and eat there words,mark my words. lol

Why is that?

It's the future of gaming fool. It's one step toward virtual reality baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well i wanna play games the way i always have with a controller in my hand, if this is the future then i guess no more gaming for me.

dito.

The narrow mindness of some people is just mind boggling to me.

No. Im not interested in motion controls at all whether it be Natal, PS Move, or the Wii motes.

I prefer to just sit in my gaming chair and play using the controller or in my racing pod for racing games. Though im not against motion controls (played the Wii at my dads house) as they are fun just not for me. Call me old school but i just prefer a controller.