By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 3: Homophobia Evolved (NSFW audio)

It would be nice to blame stuff like this on something simple like America or Xbox Live, but sadly these kinds of people are all over the world. I spent most of the first 20 years of my life in very geeky/educated circles, and almost never ran into people like this, but my tour in the army taught me that my country isn't perfect after all.

Communication on the internet being more or less anonymous doesn't help one bit.

Around the Network

not surprised at all by this. i hear it all the time from people around me so why not on Xbox Live...oh wellz

mancandy said:
Terrible, I make the occasional gay joke, but this is just hate filled.

@takeru51

I am beginning to think you don't like the country you live in. I think America is one of the more tolerant countries for gays and lesbians.

I love America, so I must dispute.

I enjoy living in a country where law says that our private lives are our business. I dislike the people in this country who try through law to forcibly ban two people from marrying because they don't like their lifestyle. There are a lot of those people in America, which is not as tolerant as I wish it were. America may be more tolerant than other countries, but there are people trying hard in America to reverse that tolerance. I love living in a country where I have the rights that I do, I speak up when something displeases me because I have the right to do that here.

Bringing attention to negative aspects of your country doesn't mean you dislike it, it means you want to make it even better. 

I didn't watch the video. But after I have read what you guys posted, I don't think I want too either.

I have nothing against gays (as long as they don't bitch about marriage, that is not up to the government to decide. separation of church and state....fun stuff /sarcasm)
but if there really are people like the ones mentioned above, that even offend straight individuals, I sure as hell don't want to meet them.

Snesboy

People need to seriously grow up. Just listening to this chatter was rather annoying.

Xbox Live is like that. If someone profile is rather sissy. Then they would make a rather stupid remark and most of the time its just people that are rude and haven't even grew up out of their immature mind.

Its sad...

Around the Network
takeru51 said:
mancandy said:

@takeru51

I am beginning to think you don't like the country you live in. I think America is one of the more tolerant countries for gays and lesbians.

I enjoy living in a country where law says that our private lives are our business. I dislike the people in this country who try through law to forcibly ban two people from marrying because they don't like their lifestyle. There are a lot of those people in America, which is not as tolerant as I wish it were. America may be more tolerant than other countries, but there are people trying hard in America to reverse that tolerance. I love living in a country where I have the rights that I do, I speak up when something displeases me because I have the right to do that here.

Bringing attention to negative aspects of your country doesn't mean you dislike it, it means you want to make it even better. 

Thanks for clarifying your point of view. I figured you wanted to make this country better, but you singled out America on your last comment where it was inappropriate. It's very unfortunate that there is no such place where people are not going to force their opinions on others. I agree with you completely, gays and lesbians should be allowed to be married, they should have the opportunity to be miserable just like everyone else.

But to anyone that that is a homophobe, I suggest moving to Iran: 

“In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country.” - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at Columbia University

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Soriku said:
BenKenobi88 said:
I'm so glad PC chat is better. Someone who acted like those guys in TF2 or something would get kicked if possible.

The only thing that's still hard to get over is a girl playing TF2...I'm fine with it, but everybody starts going crazy if a girl starts talking...I wish more of them would feel free to speak, it'd rock...

Girls play TF2?! APOCALYPSE!

I'm sure plenty of girls play TF2...but obviously they won't talk in a mic for risk of being harrassed for the rest of the match...I've seen (or heard, rather) it happen...a girl said something, half the people thought it was a pre-pubescent boy so they made fun of the person that way...then they realized it was a girl, and so they shut up for a while...but quickly everyone was that player's best friend, assisting her with kills, staying nearby, etc...annoying.

Oh yeah, so, TF2 (or any online game) players will surely make fun of pre-pubescent boys though, and usually rightfully so, as they're typically snotty, annoying, or simply talk too much.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

mancandy said:
takeru51 said:
mancandy said:

@takeru51

Thanks for clarifying your point of view. I figured you wanted to make this country better, but you singled out America on your last comment where it was inappropriate. It's very unfortunate that there is no such place where people are not going to force their opinions on others. I agree with you completely, gays and lesbians should be allowed to be married, they should have the opportunity to be miserable just like everyone else.

But to anyone that that is a homophobe, I suggest moving to Iran:

“In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country.” - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at Columbia University

Yeah, I realized shortly after I said it that I shouldn't have said America. The reason why I said America is because the people in the game were obviously American. As for Iran, I wouldn't judge all of the Iranians by president Ahmadinejad (the Iranians I know think that he's an idiot). But you are definitely correct, there are more intolerant places (I think it's a capitol offence in Iran). Sometimes I wish there was an island where intolerant people would be shipped off to, but then I realize I'd have to go there too for being intolerant of intolerance... The best tool for fighting it is education, as intolerance is just about always borne of ignorance.

Yeah that's pretty bad, but it's nothing new. Microsoft needs to somehow make the system to report users even easier. I'll admit most of the time I hear racist/homophobic comments I don't actually take the time to submit a player review.

Edit: An age filter would also be useful as usually it seems to be teenagers.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

In some ways, the guy was asking for it. Pink armor, pink logo, and the name xxxGayBoyxxx. What the hell did he expect to happen over an anonymous voice chat system populated by teenaged boys? He was playing up every gay stereotype with his armor, colors, and name.

Anyway, those kids are just a bunch of jerkoffs. If the guy takes them seriously over XBL, that's his problem. Half the players online at any time are complete assholes.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/