By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 3: Homophobia Evolved (NSFW audio)

rocketpig said:
In some ways, the guy was asking for it. Pink armor, pink logo, and the name xxxGayBoyxxx. What the hell did he expect to happen over an anonymous voice chat system populated by teenaged boys? He was playing up every gay stereotype with his armor, colors, and name.

If I play as a character with dark skin and curly hair, am I asking to be called a "ni**er" or "ka**ir?" Don't blame the victim.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
stof said:
If his name was blackgamer, would he be "just asking" for racist slurs?

No, but one has to accept reality and realize that pink armor, pink coloring, and the tag GayGamer is not going to go over well online. If he wants to ride through it and deal, so be it. More power to him. But to do it and then complain is just silly, he should have known that was going to happen.

If you don't want to deal with stupidity, don't provoke it. 

And if you don't want to be fired or harassed, don't come out of the closet. Don't be who you are. Don't provoke the hateful, small-minded lunatics.

Your attitude towards this is sickening. I half-expect this sort of crap from most of the people around here, but you're one of the members I genuinely respect.

Desroko said:

And if you don't want to be fired or harassed, don't come out of the closet. Don't be who you are. Don't provoke the hateful, small-minded lunatics.

Your attitude towards this is sickening.

Um, not even close to the same thing. The internet is chock full of idiots with no fear of repercussion for their actions. Getting fired from work is just a little different than teenagers mocking you online.

And before you climb back up on that high horse, my brother is gay so I'm pretty sure I've had to deal with this kind of crap more than you. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Desroko said:
rocketpig said:
stof said:

No, but one has to accept reality and realize that pink armor, pink coloring, and the tag GayGamer is not going to go over well online. If he wants to ride through it and deal, so be it. More power to him. But to do it and then complain is just silly, he should have known that was going to happen.

The kid used gay stereotypes to provoke hate, in fact, he's just as bad as they are.

Didja get that thing I sentcha?

rocketpig said:
Desroko said:

Um, not even close to the same thing. The internet is chock full of idiots with no fear of repercussion for their actions. Getting fired from work is just a little different than teenagers mocking you online.

And before you climb back up on that high horse, my brother is gay so I'm pretty sure I've had to deal with this kind of crap more than you. 

So's mine. Small world, huh? I hope he listens to your advice and hides who is at every opportunity. Don't want to provoke anyone, after all.  What does he expect, honestly, running around all gay like that.

Around the Network

Meh, it's Halo, more retarded than the Counter Strike community, and that's saying a LOT.

However, the name and the armor is just like walking into a dog kennel with slabs of meat all over your body.

The correct answer to this problem is griefing.
(NSFW audio and spray) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EqHWrTOG6Y

Peter Potamus said:
Desroko said:
rocketpig said:
stof said:

The kid used gay stereotypes to provoke hate, in fact, he's just as bad as they are.

So a gay man who lisps is just as bad as the people who harass him? The hate would have been there regardless.

That is truly, truly disgusting.

cAPSLOCK said:
Meh, it's Halo, more retarded than the Counter Strike community, and that's saying a LOT.

However, the name and the armor is just like walking into a dog kennel with slabs of meat all over your body.

The correct answer to this problem is griefing.
(NSFW audio and spray) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EqHWrTOG6Y

I think SOCOM is up on that list. Those people can get really mad.

FACT: The worlds major religeons condem gay bahavior. Christian, Islam, Hindu, Judaism and i am sure there are many others.

These groups make up the majority of the world population. Many, Many people find gay bahavior to be morally wrong and/or offensive. Why should people have to be confronted with things they find morally wrong? And why do people find a need to flaunt their sexuality?

That is reality.

Desroko said:
Peter Potamus said:
Desroko said:
rocketpig said:
stof said:

So a gay man who lisps is just as bad as the people who harass him? The hate would have been there regardless.

That is truly, truly disgusting.

This is not about a real gay man in real life. This is about an alias who used gay stereotypes to provoke hate. This has nothing to do with an actually gay person at all. In fact, we don't hear him at all, just the responses of others. Look, im not saying that what some of the XBOX live community had said was just, im just saying that his actions don't help.