By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 3: Homophobia Evolved (NSFW audio)

Peter Potamus said:
Desroko said:
Peter Potamus said:
Desroko said:
rocketpig said:
stof said:
If his name was blackgamer, would he be "just asking" for racist slurs?

No, but one has to accept reality and realize that pink armor, pink coloring, and the tag GayGamer is not going to go over well online. If he wants to ride through it and deal, so be it. More power to him. But to do it and then complain is just silly, he should have known that was going to happen.

If you don't want to deal with stupidity, don't provoke it. 

And if you don't want to be fired or harassed, don't come out of the closet. Don't be who you are. Don't provoke the hateful, small-minded lunatics.

Your attitude towards this is sickening.

The kid used gay stereotypes to provoke hate, in fact, he's just as bad as they are.

So a gay man who lisps is just as bad as the people who harass him? The hate would have been there regardless.

That is truly, truly disgusting.

This is not about a real gay man in real life. This is about an alias who used gay stereotypes to provoke hate. This has nothing to do with an actually gay person at all. In fact, we don't hear him at all, just the responses of others. Look, im not saying that what some of the XBOX live community had said was just, im just saying that his actions don't help. 

Here's a thought exercise, scholar. You say, withot evidence, that this man isn't truly gay. But what if someone who is gay does the same thing? What if his favorite color happens to be pink, and he choses his attire apropriately?

Of course, it's just as much his fault for being who he is.

Around the Network

@rocketpig

I mentioned 4 major religeons, you chose to attack Christians, to say you did not mention 'Christianity' is just semantics and disingenous.

BTW What Christian nation has the death penalty for being gay>? (none)

Many Muslim countries do

SO i would say Christians are rather tolerant, however i STILL don't think anyone should flaunt thier sexual preference. I don't go around in halo 3 talking about banging my wife, so i don't expect others to indulge me

ripper said:
@rocketpig

Christians find MUSLIMS to morally wrong? Remember it was america on the side of the muslims back in the 90's in kosovo

and its not Christians calling for Jihad against muslims, its the other way around

you pig, have just show yourself to be a anti Christian BIGOT!!! nice going

I guess the crusades were just friendly talks, Right?

And All muslims called for jihad against christianity.

Desroko said:
Peter Potamus said:
Desroko said:
Peter Potamus said:
Desroko said:
rocketpig said:
stof said:

No, but one has to accept reality and realize that pink armor, pink coloring, and the tag GayGamer is not going to go over well online. If he wants to ride through it and deal, so be it. More power to him. But to do it and then complain is just silly, he should have known that was going to happen.

And if you don't want to be fired or harassed, don't come out of the closet. Don't be who you are. Don't provoke the hateful, small-minded lunatics.

The kid used gay stereotypes to provoke hate, in fact, he's just as bad as they are.

So a gay man who lisps is just as bad as the people who harass him? The hate would have been there regardless.

This is not about a real gay man in real life. This is about an alias who used gay stereotypes to provoke hate. This has nothing to do with an actually gay person at all. In fact, we don't hear him at all, just the responses of others. Look, im not saying that what some of the XBOX live community had said was just, im just saying that his actions don't help. 

Here's a thought exercise, scholar. You say, withot evidence, that this man isn't truly gay. But what if someone who is gay does the same thing? What if his favorite color happens to be pink, and he choses his attire apropriately?

You don't get it. Why would any gay man that plays Halo would do this and think he would not get backlash from it?

Didja get that thing I sentcha?

They're just mucking around, I found nothing of violent nature in that audio.

I lived with a gay guy for a year before I moved into my house and I used to call him 'Dirty Faggot' (Not in a harsh way) etc etc all the time, he didn't mind, he even payed himself out sometimes like anyone would about anything, as a joke.

Most people like you haven't dealt with or been around a gay guy long enough to understand what does and doesn't offend them.

The guys name on the audio was 'gayguy' c'mon what the hell do you expect.

Around the Network
ripper said:
FACT: The worlds major religeons condem gay bahavior. Christian, Islam, Hindu, Judaism and i am sure there are many others.

These groups make up the majority of the world population. Many, Many people find gay bahavior to be morally wrong and/or offensive. Why should people have to be confronted with things they find morally wrong? And why do people find a need to flaunt their sexuality?

That is reality.

Ok. Many people find simulated violence to be morally offensive AND many people find religions other than their own to be offensive. (I do not.) Are people in a Halo chatroom flaunting simulated violence? Are people who might have an avatar of Jesus flaunting their religion? I find it quite peculiar that you would attack homosexuality in this way.

I find the majority of your posts here to be morally offensive, yet I do not dispute your right to your opinions.

I also find it quite interesting that someone who complains about immigrants does not have a better command of the English language. I suppose you didn't embarass yourself enough in the Hillary/Obama thread.

You are simply filled with hate.

That is reality.

dude, the crusades? do you have anything in the past 500 years at least? you have been playing too much assassins creed!

and i know that not all muslims call for jihad against Christians, i was making a point because rockepig felt a need to call out Christians for their supposed intolerance

Peter Potamus said:
Desroko said:
Peter Potamus said:
Desroko said:
Peter Potamus said:
Desroko said:
rocketpig said:
stof said:

You don't get it. Why would any gay man that plays Halo would do this and think he would not get backlash from it?

No, you don't get it. He shouldn't face a backlash at all. A gay man walking down the street in a pink shirt would probably face a backlash too - one that he doesn't deserve.  No one should have to modify their behavior to suit bigots and idiots. You're placing blame where it doesn't belong.

@ SSJ12 - funny comment. It's just a shame that game went multiplatform.

@ Peter Potamus - Why should gay people get backlash for being themselves? I think it is you who do not get it.

@ ArtofAngels - I partially agree with you, but what frightens me most is the 12 year old saying that he hoped he "burned in hell forever" or whatever it was.

ripper said:
dude, the crusades? do you have anything in the past 500 years at least? you have been playing too much assassins creed!

and i know that not all muslims call for jihad against Christians, i was making a point because rockepig felt a need to call out Christians for their supposed intolerance

He said "many Christians." Not Christians in general. Once again - reading comprehension FTL.