By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 3: Homophobia Evolved (NSFW audio)

ripper said:
@tk1797 I think if you read all my posts what i was trying to get at is that many people find it fashionable to Christian bash... They have every right to their opion! But Islam is much more forceful in their doctrine on homosexuality... why did he not bash them? or any of the other religions i mentioned??? lack of courage? lack of reading? did he assume I am a Christian and wanted to bash me as an individual? or does he harbor a grudge against Christians?

Look, I have nothing against you or rocketpig but I just thought you should be clearer one post thats all. 

BTW i agree that sexuality is private and there is no reason to flaunt it but I think some of comments were harsh considering it came from kids.

Personally if I were to come in contact with a gamer that flaunts his sexuality I would just ignore it to the best of my ability and if it really bothered me I would leave. And if he or she keeps coming I would report them. I wouldn't say I hope he or she were hanged. 

Around the Network
Desroko said:
ripper said:
@tk1797 I think if you read all my posts what i was trying to get at is that many people find it fashionable to Christian bash... They have every right to their opion! But Islam is much more forceful in their doctrine on homosexuality... why did he not bash them? or any of the other religions i mentioned??? lack of courage? lack of reading? did he assume I am a Christian and wanted to bash me as an individual? or does he harbor a grudge against Christians?

Leviticus 20:13 defines homosexuality as a capital crime. Pretty forceful, if you ask me.

Leviticus defines everything as a capital crime. Your argument only works on the literal-interpretation retards, try again.

[edit:  Clarification:  Almost all Christians discard the Old Testament rules; homophobes simply latch on to those passages as an excuse for their hate.]

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Desroko said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Umm, i'm Hindu, not all Hindu sects or all Buddhist sects care if you're gay or not, so no its not all religions, don't lump us all in with you bigoted Abrahamics

Now ripper, here's an actual case of a stupid statement lumping all Christians, Muslims, and Jews together.

I've read the bible pally, i've seen the passages that condemn homosexuality, even calling for them to be put to death, so no i'm not stupidly lumping you guys, its right there in your "holy" books

Of course, since I already mentioned one. And not all members of these religions takes these texts literally. As you know, not all Hindus take the Vedas literaly either.

So yes, you are stupidly lumping people together. Please, stop.

The passages you quote saying to stone homosexuals is contained in the old testament, also in the talmud, and the koran has similar language, the difference with Christianity is that Jesus came so that sins would no longer result in death but forgiveness of sins

@desroko saying that homosexual behavior isn't harmful is ignoring medical stastistics. it is an extremely dangerous lifestyle health wise. and i am not saying literal 'bashing' i am saying bigoted sayings... as for being who they are that is the subject of a whole other debate. are you trying to say that homosexuals are biological errors? that is kind of harsh! because to say someone is born that way would be saying just that. it doesn't lead to propagation of the species and would be weeded out by 'evolution' i think it is much more difficult of a question than that. many homesexuals were abused as kids and struggle horribly... i feel vey bad for them

Desroko said:
ripper said:

Leviticus 20:13 defines homosexuality as a capital crime. Pretty forceful, if you ask me.

Not all Christians take the bible for every word in it without question.  Personally, I believe the bible is influenced by the times in which it was written, and there is still good message in there if you can look past a few things obviously influenced by time and place.

Now, back on topic:  Naming yourself GayBoy, dressing in pink, and talking in a lisp is just as intolerant as those insulting him.  That's absolutely insulting to homosexuals and this bastard shouldn't have been perpetuating stupid stereotypes.  

The proper way to do this would have been to wait for someone to use the (comon Xbox Live) insult of "That's gay," and say "I'm gay, please don't use that phrase it's insulting."  That would be a way to gauge the reactions of the XBL players without perpetuating ridiculous stereotypes.  

That's not to say I'm defending the people who said this stuff, but I dislike this guy just as much for his actions.  He's just as bad as they are.  

Around the Network
ripper said:
ok, with that line of thinking all the gays "just need to deal with" all the gay bashing!

If you are going to say that because YOU find it acceptable WE all have to learn to like it, then WE can say YOU need to put up with gay bashing.. its just stupid

SEXUALITY IS PRIVATE, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF

You don't have to learn to like it, you have to learn to deal with it.

Bashing people for anything is wrong, you don't get a right to bash somebody just because they're gay. If I bashed you for being a 'fucking [insertreligion/race/sexuality] bastard' I'm sure you wouldn't like it either.

I seriously cannot stand intolerant people. It's people like you that are wrong with this world.

@Avinash Tyagi.

" you bigoted Abrahamics" You do realise that a large portion of abrahamics these days don't literally interpret their holy books? =\

@Ripper.

Homosexuals are natural, not 'biological mistakes', it occurs in a whole variety of species, not just humans. Also lets see your 'statistics'.

ripper said:
The passages you quote saying to stone homosexuals is contained in the old testament, also in the talmud, and the koran has similar language, the difference with Christianity is that Jesus came so that sins would no longer result in death but forgiveness of sins

@desroko saying that homosexual behavior isn't harmful is ignoring medical stastistics. it is an extremely dangerous lifestyle health wise. and i am not saying literal 'bashing' i am saying bigoted sayings... as for being who they are that is the subject of a whole other debate. are you trying to say that homosexuals are biological errors? that is kind of harsh! because to say someone is born that way would be saying just that. it doesn't lead to propagation of the species and would be weeded out by 'evolution' i think it is much more difficult of a question than that. many homesexuals were abused as kids and struggle horribly... i feel vey bad for them

Many heterosexuals were abused as children as well. I feel very bad for them, and for you. Someone as lacking as yourself in such skils as readig, writing, and thinking is sure to struggle as wel.

ripper said:
@rocketpig

I mentioned 4 major religeons, you chose to attack Christians, to say you did not mention 'Christianity' is just semantics and disingenous.

BTW What Christian nation has the death penalty for being gay>? (none)

Many Muslim countries do

SO i would say Christians are rather tolerant, however i STILL don't think anyone should flaunt thier sexual preference. I don't go around in halo 3 talking about banging my wife, so i don't expect others to indulge me

I live in a primarily Christian nation. I was raised Christian. It makes the most sense to use Christianity as the example.

If it bothers you that badly, transpose the two religions. The point still stands. And that point is:

You're forced to deal with people of different religions, sexual preference, nationality, etc. on a daily basis. You can't just tell them to keep quiet because you don't agree with their viewpoints. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

naznatips said:
Desroko said:
ripper said:

Not all Christians take the bible for every word in it without question. 

Read the thread, Naz.

And the rest of your post is completely wrong. My experience is that gays are just as varied in their behavior and personalities as anyone else, and the behavior that you describe as "stupid stereotypes" is natural for some people. No one should be attacked for being who they are.

Desroko said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Desroko said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Umm, i'm Hindu, not all Hindu sects or all Buddhist sects care if you're gay or not, so no its not all religions, don't lump us all in with you bigoted Abrahamics

Now ripper, here's an actual case of a stupid statement lumping all Christians, Muslims, and Jews together.

I've read the bible pally, i've seen the passages that condemn homosexuality, even calling for them to be put to death, so no i'm not stupidly lumping you guys, its right there in your "holy" books

Of course, since I already mentioned one. And not all members of these religions takes these texts literally. As you know, not all Hindus take the Vedas literaly either.

So yes, you are stupidly lumping people together. Please, stop.

Oh please there are more than just leviticus (the one mentioned earlier), in Romans, Deuteronomy, Genesis, Timothy etc. there are passages on the condemnation of homosexuals, even referring to them as abominations, please I don't need to read your post to know the passages.

And saying its not a literal interpretation is a major copout, either you accept it as part of your religions or you accept that its just a story and not an actual holy text.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)