By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake Metacritic hate!

Wo. Alan Wake is the lowest scoring user rating on Metacritic for any 360 game. The fanboys have gone to town on the game. Is it the visuals that scare them? Maybe the possibility of being the best Phsyc/horror game ever?

Not even Halo, Gears or Mass Effect has attracted this much attention from opposite fanboys. Is Alan Wake that much of a threat to the opposite fanboys? I can only guess it's all the visuals hype it's been getting.

It's at 1.9

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/alanwake

Around the Network

Why the hell are user able to vote before release date and before any press reviews?

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Lol. This happens all the time with games like this. Happened with Gears and Resistance if I remember rightly. Most people will know to ignore the user reviews, especially if they're checking on the game this early as they'll probably be like us and reading up on the game as much as possible.

Some people are just very sad.

Scoobes said:
Lol. This happens all the time with games like this. Happened with Gears and Resistance if I remember rightly. Most people will know to ignore the user reviews, especially if they're checking on the game this early as they'll probably be like us and reading up on the game as much as possible.

But since it counts towards average, it might negatively affect the game in the end. User reviews are almost as important as press reviews.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Maybe some people just have no life and have nothing better to do than go the X360 Metacritic Page, Find Alan Wake and give it a shit user rating.

Around the Network
aragod said:
Scoobes said:

But since it counts towards average, it might negatively affect the game in the end. User reviews are almost as important as press reviews.

They really aren't, at least not on metacritic. If it was a site that actually sells the game like Amazon or Play then it might have an effect, but I doubt many people are going to look so carefully at user reviews on metacritic. They're there to look at a general consensus based on reviews from game critics.

Most people that know of metacritic should also know that user reviews on the site are next to worthless.

And maybe Remedy's former userbase, which is on the PC (due to Max Payne), are pissed off because a long anticipated game for them isn't coming to thier platform of choice?

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Do a table comparing average user reviews for all PS3 exclusives and all 360 exclusives then lets see how those figures stack. I think it will probably put an end once and for all to the whose fanboys are worse debate.

Metacritic should really just remove user reviews, most are haters.

wow these people are dicks for voting a game down that hasnt released yet

Well, it isn't a professional review, so why waste your time confronting fanboy hate?

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"