By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake Metacritic hate!

aragod said:
Why the hell are user able to vote before release date and before any press reviews?

because:

Note: User votes are NOT included in the Metascore calculation.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

The saddest part about this bullshit is, I've heard prominent members of this forum use the User Review score for GTAIV on metacritic to indicate that the game is over-rated.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

This could all be solved if every user review needed to have 500 words along with it before being submitted.

Also, these turds are going to make me go buy a 360 and AW just to spite them!

I remember seeing killzone 2 below 1...

LOL, metacritic user reviews are like comedy.

Cross-X said:
Maybe some people just have no life and have nothing better to do than go the X360 Metacritic Page, Find Alan Wake and give it a shit user rating.

I think we can cross out the 'maybe' in that sentence

Anyway, this is nothing new

@ Zenfolder - that is ridiculous. We shouldn't need to look for reasons as to GTA IV being overrated by reviewers. I believe the phrase "We behold these truths to be self evident" fits quite well

Edit - fixed typo

Around the Network

Gears 2 got some hate after 360 fans voted down KZ2 before it was released.  Then KZ2 came out, matching and exceeding the E3 footage.

File that somewhere in the discussion.

And yeah, it's dumb, whoever is doing it, for any console.

aragod said:
Why the hell are user able to vote before release date and before any press reviews?

Good point.  user reviews should be done 3 month after a game released . 

How can I as a user, review a game based on video gameplays or watching game trailers and not even played it yet.

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

That's so pathetic.

Why don't they just masturbate in their bedroom/basement more or something.

Here's a statement: I hate all fanboys universally. Play, enjoy, share and discuss; but leave the silly sides-taking arguments to the political arena.

CGI-Quality said:
Rickz0r said:
"You sir need to stop the insults. It's fine if you dont agree with Metacritic. But you gladly agree with a random Youtube guy who says PS3 has best exclusives. You only like to be posted what agrees with your Sony fanboyness. This thread is not necessarily my view and choices. But this is what Meta has at it's highest. I made that very clear.

I am gonna love to see your reaction to Alan Wake getting best graphics ever comments from alot of reviewers. Are you gonna take the whole world on?

This site does not belong to Sony Fanboys. And the lot of you ( even though you out number us ) need to remember that."

Try to help me understand two things....

A. Who are you talking to?

B. What was the need for any of that? It's off-topic and inflammatory. To dispaly the kind of behavior you're complaining about is a little word that starts with an "h".

OT: Happens all the time. Look at LBP, HEAVY RAIN, Gears 1, Resistance, etc...etc.... It's unfortunate, no matter what group is responsible. As long as it doesn't sway anyone, which if it does, I'm sure it's a small %, then it's trivial.

He is quoting Selnor with a post he made that seemed to have absolute faith in Meta.  Now I personally think that it's a crappy argument because the user votes on Metacritic are in no way as trusted as the review aggregates which Selnor meant in that quote.

RageBot said:
And maybe Remedy's former userbase, which is on the PC (due to Max Payne), are pissed off because a long anticipated game for them isn't coming to thier platform of choice?

Both scenarios are equally sad/pathetic.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau