By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake Metacritic hate!

Yeah, it's really quite annoying. So there are apparently 56 people who have played the game and say it's terrible... I'm definitely going to judge the game based on this score (sarcasm of course XD). Considering it's an exclusive, of course it's going to get a lot of hate initially. I just hope the (hopefully) positive reviews from the users who will actually play it will outweigh the jealous users :D .

Around the Network
RageBot said:
And maybe Remedy's former userbase, which is on the PC (due to Max Payne), are pissed off because a long anticipated game for them isn't coming to thier platform of choice?

This.

It may be more then just PS3 fanboys ruining the score becuase they are "afraid of the visuals".

Also, it's absolutely ridiculous that you can vote before the game is even released.

These people are a really sad bunch if you think about it. Doomed to a lifetime of virginity, and probably no social life outside of their friends Solid Snake and Kratos. Pathetic, I almost feel sorry for them...almost.

Yeah thats stupid that your allowed to vote before its even been released....

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

I'm not convinced all the negativity is coming from "PS3 fanboys."

Did anyone actually manage to forget that Alan Wake was originally supposed to be a PC game? There were a lot of PC gamers looking forward to playing it.

This is the same crowd of gamers who will rate a AAA title a 1 (or a zero if it were possible) because it has some form of ill-conceived DRM.

Around the Network
PearlJam said:
These people are a really sad bunch if you think about it. Doomed to a lifetime of virginity, and probably no social life outside of their friends Solid Snake and Kratos. Pathetic, I almost feel sorry for them...almost.

Let's not forget that Remedy's PC fanbase could be with them. The PC fanbase did the same to MW2 for removing dedicated servers.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
PearlJam said:

Let's not forget that Remedy's PC fanbase could be with them. The PC fanbase did the same to MW2 for removing dedicated servers.

Exactly.

How many PC fans gave MW2 a "1" for just that reason?

OMG, stupid users... can this rating be ripped off?? The game isn´t out yet..

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

greenmedic88 said:
huaxiong90 said:
PearlJam said:

Exactly.

How many PC fans gave MW2 a "1" for just that reason?

I chose not to buy the game instead.  Giving them a user review of 1 on metacritic doesn't hurt them, refusing to buy their game does, unfortunately too many people were all bluster and no action and rewarding them with sales.  There has been no firm announcement saying never for Alan Wake on PC yet so I don't buy it, sure they said they have no plans but that's not them saying never.

Meh, user reviews shouldn't even exist on meta"critic".