By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 beat out 360 for 2nd week in a row

VGChartz adjusted last weeks numbers today which changed the PS3 from being 2k below the 360 to being 9k above.

http://vgchartz.com/weekly.php?date=39404

I don't really expect that to hold for a 3rd week, since PS3 is dropping back down in Japan this week.   Though if a lot of people were out to buy Blu-Ray players in US on Black Friday, it is possible.

My prediction (Jan 15th, 2008), total sales by end of 2008: Wii - 35 million X360 - 25 million PS3 - 21 million

Around the Network

So what happened to the predictions that PS3 would sell half of 360 this holiday?

wow, ps3 is doing much better than i expected.

oh and by the way, the ps3 outsold the 360 by 30k in the other region for week ending 25th. so a third week looks almost possible.

You do realize there the margin of error is much larger than the difference.

yep i also think it will do it a second week but not the third

Around the Network

Yeah, its looking like the 360 is going to be outsold this holiday season...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Just Ben might win his bet after all.

this shows how badly the ps3 is selling considering it has 3 strong markets and the xbox only has 2 strongish markets(american and europe) if the 360 was selling 50k in japan the xbox would be owning the ps3

The PS3 is holding up its own even with a " weak library " of games.

Can't wait to see what it can do when MGS4 and GT5 come out.

I'll take the case!!!

i love xbox 360 said:

this shows how badly the ps3 is selling considering it has 3 strong markets and the xbox only has 2 strongish markets(american and europe) if the 360 was selling 50k in japan the xbox would be owning the ps3

Dont think America is a strong region for PS3 it have been totally outsold all year.