By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 beat out 360 for 2nd week in a row

XBOX 360 peaked too early.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
PS3 is selling really well this holiday. Two straight weeks of beating the 360. We'll have to see how Mass Effect puts up a fight in America. PS3 has the last exclusive of the year (UT3). That will help in december

No offense - but I don't think you can call UT3 an "exclusive". Its out on PC now, and will hit the 360 next year.

It should do well on the PS3, and sell some units though. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I thin kthat we have yet to see the sales reach their potential maximum in sales, although i doubt that xbox will sell more than either Wii or PS3 at this point.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

shams said:
Interesting, I wonder what triggered the change. If anything, I thought the PS3 sales in Japan were overstated (I personally would be averaging the Famitsu & Media Create figures!).

And yeah - its starting to look "dangerous" for MS in Europe. I know Sony is advertising their butts off here in Australia.

We are getting there nice Assassins Creed ads - sponsered by Sony, and make it look like the game is PS3 only!! (my wife saw an ad, and thought that immediately!)

Or maybe since this is the first Xmas for the PS3 - its just a natural time for people to head out to purchase one (2nd Xmas for PS3 in Japan & US).

I haven't seen a huge amount of PS3 ads, but I have seen that Assassins ad and a few Ratchet ads in the UK. There have been CoD ads, but I'm not sure if it only says PS3 at the end. I think the boost may be caused partially by dwindling 60GB stocks and people are rushing out to buy them, game and amazon are basically out, I haven't checked elsewhere

Good for PS3. Don't think it'll be able to pull it off this week, as in America it's Black Friday week, last week, and 360 should have larger increases than that of the PS3.

Around the Network
shams said:
DMeisterJ said:
PS3 is selling really well this holiday. Two straight weeks of beating the 360. We'll have to see how Mass Effect puts up a fight in America. PS3 has the last exclusive of the year (UT3). That will help in december

No offense - but I don't think you can call UT3 an "exclusive". Its out on PC now, and will hit the 360 next year.

It's an exclusive console wise for the holidays, very important.

I'll take the case!!!

Also it has to be said fairly that Europe really is Sony land. People have a lot of trust in the brand.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Harvey Birdman said:
shams said:
DMeisterJ said:

It's an exclusive console wise for the holidays, very important.

As it's a multiplayer game many people will want to add it to their PS3 collection as the infrastucture is there, and they can play with their friends, of course if there was a gamerscore system they would have even more incentive. However, it should be noted this is not going to make it to Europe this year; I'll have to import like I did with Uncharted (should get here any day soon with my DS3!!!)

PS3 is probably going to win last week also. Japan sales should stay on elevated level thanks to Winning Eleven (140-180k in preliminary data), also ioi said that PS3 (and DS) "are seeing some large increases" while X360 and Wii "not as large".

@Yojimbo: Mass effect sales will be kind of dissapointing (acording to ioi), we also know that it haven't beaten any record in UK (European strongest Xbox market) debuting on 4th place on Individual chart and only on 12th on All Format chart.

I think the "price surge", 60GB rushing out to buy them is invalid now

it's been 4 weeks, if people were to do that, they would've by now

PS3 is STARTING to do well i think

I dunno why some people just find it hard to accept...

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million