By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 beat out 360 for 2nd week in a row

Wojtas said:
Also it has to be said fairly that Europe really is Sony land. People have a lot of trust in the brand.

*looks at latest DS sales there of 430k*

Um yea I don't think it could be Sony land with DS beasting it out that much.  Especially when I see PSP sales there not even half that of the DS.  Not to mention Wii pretty much beasting it out as well.  Nintendo hardware sales>Sony hardware sales last week and many many many weeks before it.  In some countries in Europe/Other, such as Italy, there seems to be a stronger brandname of Sony, but everywhere else, including Spain, Nintendo is pretty much still dominating.  Brandname has shifted over the last couple of years, and its seems to have hit most of the regions, except just maybe not as hard in Europe/Other.

But I think an important question to ask is that PS2 is still selling units in that region, meaning it's taking away sales from a competitor.  So who is PS2 taking sales away from?  Wii or PS3?  Now that's a question that's worth noting.

Around the Network
darthdevidem said:
I think the "price surge", 60GB rushing out to buy them is invalid now

it's been 4 weeks, if people were to do that, they would've by now

PS3 is STARTING to do well i think

I dunno why some people just find it hard to accept...

It's just so suprising!!

"Others" finally showing some interest for the PS3 but that's just the beginning, in '08 I expect the PS3 to outsell XB360 2 to 1 at least

It wouldn't be hard to accept anything if there was one clear reason for all this to happen. I still think that the PS3 is just too darn expensive and lacks a good amount of games to justify the expenditure.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

dtewi said:
Harvey Birdman said:
The 360 cost less then the PS3, has a better quantity of quality games and still can't out sell it in Others. That's a joke.

Ooh Ooh let me twist facts.

Ahem.

The 360 is doing great considering Europe is Sony's market and they just had some price cuts.

If it was Sony's market then the PS3 would have outsold the 360 when it came out right? The PS3 still cost more then the 360 and the 360 has more quality games. For the 360 to be outsold when having the advantage of price and games is a joke.

I'll take the case!!!

Around the Network

Looks like Europe is still anyone's game. Nice.

I'll eat some PS3ISDOOMED-flavored crow now...*munch*

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Harvey Birdman said:
dtewi said:
Harvey Birdman said:
The 360 cost less then the PS3, has a better quantity of quality games and still can't out sell it in Others. That's a joke.

Ooh Ooh let me twist facts.

Ahem.

The 360 is doing great considering Europe is Sony's market and they just had some price cuts.

If it was Sony's market then the PS3 would have outsold the 360 when it came out right? The PS3 still cost more then the 360 and the 360 has more quality games. For the 360 to be outsold when having the advantage of price and games is a joke.

The difference between the premium and 40GB is £50, and elite = 40GB, so the price is not that much of an issue. Nearly all the games driving sales are multiplatform at the moment, so the games issue is not that much of an issue, I'm sure many people will settle for CoD instead of Halo, and Ratchet is a good game for the PS3, I think motorstorm is still doing quite well (but I'm not sure)

Wojtas said:
It wouldn't be hard to accept anything if there was one clear reason for all this to happen. I still think......

you think. not the 100k people that bought it last week.

Zucas said:
Wojtas said:
Also it has to be said fairly that Europe really is Sony land. People have a lot of trust in the brand.

But I think an important question to ask is that PS2 is still selling units in that region, meaning it's taking away sales from a competitor. So who is PS2 taking sales away from? Wii or PS3? Now that's a question that's worth noting.

I don't really like the question.  No console is really taking away sales from any other console.

But, maybe 360 is the best answer to your question.  At least for sports games as 360 and PS2 both do very well with sports games.  PS2 does best with kiddie games and Wii is the next cheapest and most kid friendly console so maybe it would do better if the PS2 died next week.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Munkeh111 said:
darthdevidem said:
I think the "price surge", 60GB rushing out to buy them is invalid now

it's been 4 weeks, if people were to do that, they would've by now

PS3 is STARTING to do well i think

I dunno why some people just find it hard to accept...

It's just so suprising!!

It's not that surprising. After floating $3 billion worth of their own stock to do all this, you would think that something good would come out of it. But in the long run for that much money I think Sony would have wanted more, especially since they have a low price of $400, which is pretty close to being mainstream. But I agree, like the price higher arguement that Sony fans used earlier is invalid, so is the 60gb arguement as well. Although I do think that some of this can seriously be represented seriously by all the things Sony has been doing with pricedrops and new SKU's.  

We can really justify how PS3 is doing by seeing how it does after holiday season, cause all these things they've been doing have been done right before a holiday season, which means its hard to tell if the sustained sales are due the new things are just holiday rises.  So early 2008 we'll get to see the full effect of this.