By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 beat out 360 for 2nd week in a row

Wojtas:

It wouldn't be hard to accept anything if there was one clear reason for all this to happen. I still think that the PS3 is just too darn expensive and lacks a good amount of games to justify the expenditure.

What's so hard to accept? Reasons why PS3 is selling better then Xbox 360 in Europe:
- strong brandname
- ability to play Blu-ray movies
- no RRoD
- upcoming exclusive PS3 games (FF, MGS, GT)

The price difference isn't that big anymore and most importend games released recently on Xbox/PS3 were: Halo 3, Fifa 08, PES 2008, CoD4 and AC. 4 of them are avalible on PS3.

Around the Network

@ Zucas

You just won't be happy until the console race is over and PS3 wins. Obviously not. The PS3 is doing well not because of products but because of brand name. The price drop effect would have worn off by now if this was temporary (It's been 4 or 5 weeks) my guess is that people wanted to buy the console but they couldn't' afford it. So now they can afford it, it's getting the success it deserves.

godf said:
Brand loyalty is massivy for sony amongst casual gamers in their teens and early twenties. Quite a few I've spoken to would not even consider the other consoles, and are just going to wait til the PS3 comes down.

This may change (if GTA4 is dramatically inferior for PS3 - and they realise this?), but it's a massive advantage for sony.

If you own a PS2, the most natural console to upgrade to is PS3, I felt squeemish about upgrading to 360, PS3 just seemed more familiar (I had a PSP) but the difference between a PS2-3 is very big, the similarities are that they have the same type of controller.

Anyway, even without back-compat, brand is very important, because people have had so much fun on their PS2s, they think they will have the same experience on PS3

@munkeh

well why won't they have the same fun

next year we can excpect this...

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Biroutman said:
"Others" finally showing some interest for the PS3 but that's just the beginning, in '08 I expect the PS3 to outsell XB360 2 to 1 at least

i wouldnt say atleast,more like at most

Around the Network
darthdevidem said:
@munkeh

well why won't they have the same fun

next year we can excpect this...

I don't mean that, it's just they assume they will get a better experience out of the PS3 than the 360 (I think they are right)

@munkeh

oh right....

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

I DO NOT support Xbox

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Munkeh111 said:
godf said:
Brand loyalty is massivy for sony amongst casual gamers in their teens and early twenties. Quite a few I've spoken to would not even consider the other consoles, and are just going to wait til the PS3 comes down.

This may change (if GTA4 is dramatically inferior for PS3 - and they realise this?), but it's a massive advantage for sony.

If you own a PS2, the most natural console to upgrade to is PS3, I felt squeemish about upgrading to 360, PS3 just seemed more familiar (I had a PSP) but the difference between a PS2-3 is very big, the similarities are that they have the same type of controller.

Anyway, even without back-compat, brand is very important, because people have had so much fun on their PS2s, they think they will have the same experience on PS3

i have a ps2 but upgraded to wii

endurance said:
Munkeh111 said:
godf said:

i have a ps2 but upgraded to wii

I'm talking about a small amount of gamers, because if all PS2 owners upgraded to PS3, there would be a lot more PS3s in the world. I'm not making great sense at the moment because I am trying to write some English coursework at the moment

@munkeh

english coursework.......you too!!!!

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

I DO NOT support Xbox

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million