By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 beat out 360 for 2nd week in a row

jjseth said:
libellule said:
and now week 24th PAL

PS3 100k
Xbox360 : 60k

yes this is crunch time for the PS3

so PS3 over Xbox360 for the whole december ?

I believe yes.

I believe too. It may not be by a earth shattering number or anything, but Sony is going hard and heavy with the advertising right now and with the addition of some great games (already out and those coming out soon) it will continue to get better for the PS3.

I see more Wii advertising in the UK, with Shaun Wright-Phillips, and Ian Wright, who are both quite major celebrities, as well as plently of super mario posters

Around the Network

@munkeh

I sure hope so....

I mean fater the reports of it selling out

________________________________--

TO MODS

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

kamil said:
Wojtas:
It wouldn't be hard to accept anything if there was one clear reason for all this to happen. I still think that the PS3 is just too darn expensive and lacks a good amount of games to justify the expenditure.

What's so hard to accept? Reasons why PS3 is selling better then Xbox 360 in Europe:
- strong brandname
- ability to play Blu-ray movies
- no RRoD
- upcoming exclusive PS3 games (FF, MGS, GT)

The price difference isn't that big anymore and most importend games released recently on Xbox/PS3 were: Halo 3, Fifa 08, PES 2008, CoD4 and AC. 4 of them are avalible on PS3.
True about the brand nameBlue ray has no leverage in most of europe. HD isn't pushed in any way onto this continent I'd say that no more than 5% of the EU population has HD.I don't know how to respond to this one, i mean how many RRoD cases have been reported in Europe? Mostly i've heard about the US problems.Two of those games are slated for a late 2008 release, so no dice. And while i agree that all of the xbox heavy hitters have been released, it's worth noting that the xbox versions are usually better and sell more worldwide than the ps3 versions. So you see that i have a hard time figuring this one out at the moment. 

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

endurance said:
Biroutman said:
"Others" finally showing some interest for the PS3 but that's just the beginning, in '08 I expect the PS3 to outsell XB360 2 to 1 at least

i wouldnt say atleast,more like at most

well we'll just have to wait and see in a year then, but I'm rather confident.

If it's already outselling it now (with so few games) then in 08 the gap can only widen, don't forget in europe XB was almost insignificant compared to PS2 (5 to1). and XB360 hasn't been selling so much better than XB (especially if you consider the market has grown in the last few years)

darthdevidem said:
@munkeh

I sure hope so....

I mean fater the reports of it selling out

________________________________--

TO MODS<

Why can I not QUOTE anyones post in firefox??

I can in Firefox, are you using the 3.0 beta?

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Wojtas said:
Also it has to be said fairly that Europe really is Sony land. People have a lot of trust in the brand.

*looks at latest DS sales there of 430k*

Um yea I don't think it could be Sony land with DS beasting it out that much. Especially when I see PSP sales there not even half that of the DS. Not to mention Wii pretty much beasting it out as well. Nintendo hardware sales>Sony hardware sales last week and many many many weeks before it. In some countries in Europe/Other, such as Italy, there seems to be a stronger brandname of Sony, but everywhere else, including Spain, Nintendo is pretty much still dominating. Brandname has shifted over the last couple of years, and its seems to have hit most of the regions, except just maybe not as hard in Europe/Other.

But I think an important question to ask is that PS2 is still selling units in that region, meaning it's taking away sales from a competitor. So who is PS2 taking sales away from? Wii or PS3? Now that's a question that's worth noting.

You're talking about consoles only, take a look from a bigger perspective and take into account which brand has been dominating Europe for the last two generations. For all we know the Wii and DS may be a one time fluke. Just like i said, perspective perspective. 

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

@munkeh11

I'm not, how do you get the 3.0 beta??

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

I DO NOT support Xbox

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

darthdevidem said:
@munkeh11

I'm not, how do you get the 3.0 beta??
there is a news article from ssj12 on the homepage, with a link at the bottom

@munkeh11

ok, thanks..

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

I DO NOT support Xbox

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

I'm have to wonder if it's more a matter of Sony brand or Microsoft anti-brand as a lot of people dislike MS in general, especially overseas. European members correct me if I'm wrong.

Whatever the reason I'm just glad to see more of a 3 way race going, instead of just Nintendomination. Don't get me wrong, I have a Wii, but this site would be pretty boring without any real competition going on.