By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 beat out 360 for 2nd week in a row

Lost tears of Kain said:
Cant believe i have to come in here and straight some of these things in peoples heads.

1. Ps3 just had price cuts, we are seeing the effect of price cuts. If MS were to have a 100 dollar price cut and new cheaper SKu out the door, you can bet the sales would also increase big time. Enough with the SOMG sony is keeping up with much bigger price and no games! Yea well ps3 has also shaved almost 2/3 of its price in 1 year, 360 cut its by 50 bucks and 30 bucks in almost two years. Tells you whos desperate.

2. Even if ps3 is outselling the 360, its barely doing it. With possibly 10k a week outselling 360, do the math to understand how long it will take the ps3 to catch up. Thats right 15 years. Good luck.

3. Black friday, you can bet america will be a huge boost to wii and 360.

1. Price cut was in early october in Europe, and the sales still seem to be high

2.  It is still an improvement on what the PS3 has been doing, and with more games (much has been said about PS3/360 08 line ups, and I think the PS3 wins), and further price drops, more will sell. 

3. When ioi hinted the black friday sales, he said that DS and PS3 had the biggest boosts 

Around the Network
Lost tears of Kain said:
Cant believe i have to come in here and straight some of these things in peoples heads.

1. Ps3 just had price cuts, we are seeing the effect of price cuts. If MS were to have a 100 dollar price cut and new cheaper SKu out the door, you can bet the sales would also increase big time. Enough with the SOMG sony is keeping up with much bigger price and no games! Yea well ps3 has also shaved almost 2/3 of its price in 1 year, 360 cut its by 50 bucks and 30 bucks in almost two years. Tells you whos desperate.

2. Even if ps3 is outselling the 360, its barely doing it. With possibly 10k a week outselling 360, do the math to understand how long it will take the ps3 to catch up. Thats right 15 years. Good luck.

While your points are valid, keep in mind they don't really mean shit in the end. As long as Sony can afford to take the hit, then all that matters is sales. Yes, US sales will more than likely teabag the PS3's compared to the 360, but its undeniable that it's made a massive improvement in all territories. MS should be thinking about doing the same, it's obvious that PS3 is still in the game for 2nd place, and if MS is too complacent they'll have a reversal of the GC-Xbox dynamic in Europe (where GC started off stronger, but a massive price cut and some very nice bundles allowed the Xbox to take the lead there and keep it).

Lost tears of Kain said:

ioi stated otherwise. he said that ps3 and ds saw huge increases on black friday, 360 and wii not as large.

Munkeh111 said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

1. Price cut was in early october in Europe, and the sales still seem to be high

2. It is still an improvement on what the PS3 has been doing, and with more games (much has been said about PS3/360 08 line ups, and I think the PS3 wins), and further price drops, more will sell.

3. When ioi hinted the black friday sales, he said that DS and PS3 had the biggest boosts

Keep in mind for the PS3, it's selling the worst in America so it's much easier for it to have a statistically higher boost, while still being way below the other 2 competing systems. The DS is simply a monster though.

Singstar for PS3 will come soon, so sales will stay high. How high? I don't know.

Quack!

I'll bet my avatar and a 1 month ban that the PS3 by March 08 will be 3 Million units away in WW sales of the Wii. konnichiwa, Your gonna regret this!!!!!!

Around the Network
white devil said:
Munkeh111 said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

2. It is still an improvement on what the PS3 has been doing, and with more games (much has been said about PS3/360 08 line ups, and I think the PS3 wins), and further price drops, more will sell.

Keep in mind for the PS3, it's selling the worst in America so it's much easier for it to have a statistically higher boost, while still being way below the other 2 competing systems. The DS is simply a monster though.

true, but if it is improving over its rivals, that is a good thing, and the original statement was that the Wii and 360 would have the biggest boosts

PS3 might be beating XBox 360 in world wide sales right now, but sony is also still hemorrhaging money all over the place with PS3 while microsoft is now actually in danger of profiting off of XBox this quarter. Who do you think is going to be able to make a price cut in early to mid 08? This price cut is the one that matters, the one that makes the HD consoles affordable to the general public. If the premium goes down to $300 or lower with PS3 40gig still at $400, game over.

And in case anyone is wondering where my biases are, I am all nintendo. Microsoft and Sony can both suck it.

@rigger08

that doesn't matter

it would've been worse if SONY wouldn't have been outselling them & STILL MS would've been making profit

jeez some people are never pleased

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

darthdevidem said:
@Lost tears

says the avid Ps3 detractor

I have nothing against the ps3, and actually believe its a fantastic console, superior to 360 and will most likely own one if FF 13 and versuses stay exclusive.

I just dont want you to take these little sales of ps3 outselling 360 over the edge

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Even if the PS3 outsells the 360 this generation, Microsoft will still consider themselves successful because they will still have successfully expanded their user base compared to the first xbox and they will have made the xbox division profitable. What good is marketshare if you squander all your profits to get it?