By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Splinter Cell FW = 526k, Heavy Rain FW = 526k... :O

rccsetzer said:
D-Joe said:
libellule said:
good to see so low Alan Wake pre-order

In a way, AW is a new IP but it is also VERY hyped !!!
with any "luck" the game will bomb and my PC will shine ;)

if it is able to handle it ;(

what a fanboy

I think Alan Wake is a game more suited for PS3 (a long time ago it was a exclusive). I am almost certain that Alan Wake would do better on PS3. No 720p or not discussion would never happen.

more suited for PS3 or PC

neverthless, I HIGLY doubt Alan wake was, before, a PS3 exclusive ... any link ?

Time to Work !

Around the Network
disolitude said:
libellule said:
disolitude said:
libellule said:
disolitude said:
Good for heavy rain as both titles sold well.

Is anyone suggesting SC would sell better on another platform? This is the first SC game that is exclusive to xbox btw...all the previous ones made it to Sony platforms.

you just made me think that, as many were expecting, SC will come to PS3 if the sales are not enought good for UBI

I agree...the game is too good expensive to leave on the 360 only. Infact, I made a thread about this few days ago...

IMO

lol...I don't know if you played it yet...but it has a certain universal appeal. Its not jsut "expensive" but actually quite enjoyable...

Its not like older splinter cell games which were very hardcore in its mission requirements. I think the game needs to be experienced by as many people as possible...cause it will do the franchise good. A year form now, people may pick up this title for 19.99 and be blown away...the next splinter cell will benefit from this.

I was talking about the "big" developpement costs compared to the "average" sales

that is why I came with the "too expensive"

Time to Work !

Good to see a Xbox 360 exclusive
lose to a PS3. It does me heart good.

It's true Heavy rain did very good, and Splinter Cell first week sales are very poor. But SC isn't loosing against Heavy Rain yet. It will still beat it easily in first week with the japanese sales ;)

CGI-Quality said:
outlawauron said:
CGI-Quality said:
monaco said:

Considering heavy rain got literally ten thousand times the hype, amazing sales for Splinter Cell which basically got zero hype but sold just as much.

It certainly didn't. In fact, in the States, it had next to no hype/marketing/coverage at all, unless it was the net.

o_O

You kidding here?

Not kidding. How many commercials, ads, & marketing did you see? There wasn't much here at all. A poster in a GameStop here or there. The UK (Others) is where the majority of it's marketing was. Very few would debate about that.

Edit: You saw more God of War marketing in the States than you did HEAVY RAIN. The internet isn't the world and that is where most of it's US marketing was.

Of course you saw more God of War marketing than Heavy Rain. That's quite expected.

But there still was several advertisements. You're making it sound like Sony didn't do anything for it. (especially considering they did a lot more for it than did WKC)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.