By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Splinter Cell FW = 526k, Heavy Rain FW = 526k... :O

lol but Sp will sell more

Around the Network

Both games have done very well. 500K for any game on its first week is pretty impressive. Especially in the case of Heavy Rain, a new IP that many considered niche, and not a "true" video game. It is also interesting to note that in America, SC:C only sold about 146K more than Heavy Rain in its first weeek, even though the install base in America is 9 million more in the favor of the 360. If anything, this shows that the power of the PS3 to sell software is on par with the 360. Well, unless it's a FPS.

@Mr Puggsly

This is in no way an attempt to deminish how well SC:C did, but I would hope it would perform better than Double Agent, as MS has sold ~35 mil more 360's since it came out. Though, if you added the sales of Double Agent across all other platforms, SC:C is probably selling on par with it, if not a little below. It was released on the very popular PS2, after all.

Gotta say that SC:C did not do as well as I thought, but I didn't buy the game so I guess I cannot really talk.

and that is a pretty cool how both lined up for week one sells. Totally and completely unexpected!

Kinect! who needs video games!

Well SC didn't do as well as many thought, including me, with both reviews or sales. But it wasn't by all means bad, but with all the years behind it and advertising behind it I thought it would do better

HR on other hand, is a new IP and started off with SO MUCH criticism and ended up kicking butt sales wise as well as review wise, GJ to both but especially gj to HR

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

disolitude said:
libellule said:
disolitude said:
Good for heavy rain as both titles sold well.

Is anyone suggesting SC would sell better on another platform? This is the first SC game that is exclusive to xbox btw...all the previous ones made it to Sony platforms.

you just made me think that, as many were expecting, SC will come to PS3 if the sales are not enought good for UBI

I agree...the game is too good expensive to leave on the 360 only. Infact, I made a thread about this few days ago...

IMO

Time to Work !

Around the Network
PearlJam said:
Madison looks like a man.

you just proven you know nothing about women ;)

Time to Work !

With the amount of hype for Heavy Rain (spanning multiple years) versus that for Splinter Cell, I am not terribly surprised. I think first week sales for Alan Wake will be a better comparison.

good for SC i thought it would have been higher, will deffo get past a million though

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

i believe point was that ey sold the same :)

other than that HR did amazingly good thats why other titles like scc looks not so good.

libellule said:
PearlJam said:
Madison looks like a man.

you just proven you know nothing about women ;)

I know way more than you pal. You would probably pick up a tranny at a bar, take it home and not realize it until it's too late.

It's a pretty common opinion that she looks like a man, I don't know what kind of women you've been looking at. But I'm guessing they weren't born that way.  ;)