By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Splinter Cell FW = 526k, Heavy Rain FW = 526k... :O

I was saying about how it will sell overall. I think we're quite confused here.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

i wonder if Splinter Cell : Conviction on the 360 can outsell Heavy Rain by the end of this year...

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

D-Joe said:
libellule said:
good to see so low Alan Wake pre-order

In a way, AW is a new IP but it is also VERY hyped !!!
with any "luck" the game will bomb and my PC will shine ;)

if it is able to handle it ;(

what a fanboy

I think Alan Wake is a game more suited for PS3 (a long time ago it was a exclusive). I am almost certain that Alan Wake would do better on PS3. No 720p or not discussion would never happen.

kowenicki said:
SC isnt what is was franchise wise... infact i think it has reduced with each iteration.

Come on now, I bet that when it had outsold a certain title y'all would've said that the franchise name backed it up. Stay fair on this one, and don't tell me that its brand name didn't add something like 100k sales.. 

rccsetzer said:
D-Joe said:
libellule said:

what a fanboy

I think Alan Wake is a game more suited for PS3 (a long time ago it was a exclusive). I am almost certain that Alan Wake would do better on PS3. No 720p or not discussion would never happen.

go talk to microsoft game studios

Around the Network
rccsetzer said:
D-Joe said:
libellule said:

what a fanboy

You can blame the fanboys for that

outlawauron said:
I was saying about how it will sell overall. I think we're quite confused here.

indeed, i was on about first week sales, like the OT is on about, you where on about lifetime, now lets let it drop lol :)

Heavy Rain's first week was as impressive as the first week of a big franchise. Proves that people like new ideas and that Game developers should take more risks, instead of releasing FPS games all the time. I specifically mention them cause few of them are worth the trouble.

libellule said:
disolitude said:
libellule said:
disolitude said:
Good for heavy rain as both titles sold well.

Is anyone suggesting SC would sell better on another platform? This is the first SC game that is exclusive to xbox btw...all the previous ones made it to Sony platforms.

you just made me think that, as many were expecting, SC will come to PS3 if the sales are not enought good for UBI

I agree...the game is too good expensive to leave on the 360 only. Infact, I made a thread about this few days ago...

IMO

lol...I don't know if you played it yet...but it has a certain universal appeal. Its not jsut "expensive" but actually quite enjoyable...

Its not like older splinter cell games which were very hardcore in its mission requirements. I think the game needs to be experienced by as many people as possible...cause it will do the franchise good. A year form now, people may pick up this title for 19.99 and be blown away...the next splinter cell will benefit from this.

I think both games obviously sold well first week, HR just did so amazing, it does not however mean SC is a flop.. @ 500K FW I am pretty sure its a succes

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.