By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Splinter Cell FW = 526k, Heavy Rain FW = 526k... :O

gamelover2000 said:
I think both games obviously sold well first week, HR just did so amazing, it does not however mean SC is a flop.. @ 500K FW I am pretty sure its a succes

bada boom bada bing. Wrap it up boys.

Around the Network

Considering heavy rain got literally ten thousand times the hype, amazing sales for Splinter Cell which basically got zero hype but sold just as much.

CGI-Quality said:
monaco said:

Considering heavy rain got literally ten thousand times the hype, amazing sales for Splinter Cell which basically got zero hype but sold just as much.

It certainly didn't. In fact, in the States, it had next to no hype/marketing/coverage at all, unless it was the net.

o_O

You kidding here?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

dirkd2323 said:
Wow that really is amazing, A new IP, a whole new type of game, beats out SC conviction, that has a hugh following and is on there like 6 th game, that is nuts, but I love it, I own both Heavy Rain and SC conviction, and Heavy Rain is a better experience all together in my opinion, Also Sc is like 5 hous campaign for 60 bucks, that is stupid.

to be fair heavy rain wasn't much longer, and at least SC had online...

"even a dead god still dreams"

CGI-Quality said:
leatherhat said:
Heavy Rain is a sales beast

Who would have said that just 3 months ago, that it would be a "sales beast". It may end up being the poster child for just this sort of genre in the future.

lol. Exactly. 3 months ago there would be several people on this site that would have laughed at someone calling Heavy Rain a "sales Beast".

Around the Network
D-Joe said:
Chaos Theory sales 1.11m(XB),Double Agent sales 1.16m(360)

then SC:C fw is bad?

not bad,but not great too

Actually that is not good numbers for SC.

D-Joe said:
libellule said:
good to see so low Alan Wake pre-order

In a way, AW is a new IP but it is also VERY hyped !!!
with any "luck" the game will bomb and my PC will shine ;)

if it is able to handle it ;(

what a fanboy non-360 owners

fixed

Time to Work !

Hmm this interesting...

Both games are awesome thats all i know.

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

PearlJam said:
libellule said:
PearlJam said:
libellule said:
PearlJam said:
libellule said:
PearlJam said:
Madison looks like a man.

you just proven you know nothing about women ;)

I know way more than you pal. You would probably pick up a tranny at a bar, take it home and not realize it until it's too late.

It's a pretty common opinion that she looks like a man, I don't know what kind of women you've been looking at. But I'm guessing they weren't born that way.  ;)

but, for you, she looks like a man because of her face ? her body ? both ? other ?

Her face... very ugly woman. Body is not that bad, but she has a very masculine face.

her face .... hum .... ok

so you dont like Nathalie Portman or Virginie Ledoyen (french actrice) ?

I have no problem with Natalie Portman, I don't know who Virginie Leydoyen is and I really don't give a flying fuck either.

What's wrong with you? Why would you want any game to fail? Specially a new IP that seems different to most of the mainstream stuff out there? I didn't like Heavy Rain at all (AT ALL), but I would never wish for it to fail. I think you take this console warrior bullshit too seriously, from now on I won't ake anything you say seriously.

- I dont agree for the face but I believe it is a question of taste ....

- I just wish to play AW without needing to buy a 360 for it.
Let's say I hope the game is very good , the review very good but that the 360 gamers prefer not buy it so I can play it on PC.

Next time, those asshole guy from Remedy will not go "360 exclusive" : AW is not enought badass for the 360 IMO ...

PS : AW is not a so innovative game from what I have seen. It is just RE4 with deeper story and less gore. Wait and see.

Time to Work !