By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will happen if Monster Hunter tri is a sucess?

What will happen if Monster Hunter tri is a sucess?

Good things will happen :) 123 69.49%

Bad things will happen :( 7 3.95%

I don't want it to be a sucess..... 4 2.26%

I want this on PS3! 8 4.52%

Would've sold better on PS3...... 22 12.43%

Who cares? Wii has the best 3rd party support 13 7.34%

Total:177

As the title sugests. What will happen if the game does better than expections and becomes one of the biggest games on wii and becomes
a system seller. Also becomes the best selling 3rd party game that doesn't involve mario and isn't just dance

What will capcom do than?
What will nintendo do?
What will 3rd parties do?
What will Sony do?
What will MS do?
What will owners of other systems do?
What will nintendo do?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well thoughts :D

By sucess I mean like 3 million. I guess

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

I don't think it will change much.

Perhaps Sony or MS will try harder to get the MH series on their consoles, but beyond that I don't see it doing much.

It'll probably mean MONSTER HUNTER 4 will be an exclusive game on either the wii or the next nintendo console...but that may happen anyway as it's already been pretty successful in Japan.

I doubt much else will happen...what you think everyones suddenly gonna say they're wrong and start developing hardcore games for the wi???i...

If it were to sell 3 million I would say that it would ensure more Monster Hunter on the Wii. Maybe Capcom would offer a little more "core" support. Finally maybe Nintendo would be able to use it as a way to convince 3rd parties to bring big name franchises to their consoles with the promise of assisting in advertising like they are doing for this game. If this happens it would all be minimal, but maybe a good starting point. I don't think it would have much of an impact on Microsoft, Sony or many 3rd parties.

I honestly don't think 5 million would be enough to sway things haha

That's why I voted "would've sold better on the PS3". It shows people in complete denial.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

What will capcom do than?
What will nintendo do?
What will 3rd parties do?
What will Sony do?
What will MS do?
What will owners of other systems do?
What will nintendo do?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well thoughts :D

By sucess I mean like 3 million. I guess

Capcom will release Monster Hunter 4 on either the Wii or its sucessor system.

Nintendo will continue to endorse 3rd party developers making hardcore games for the Wii.

3rd parties will put some effort into making Wii games.

Sony will try to get Capcom to make a Super Special Awesome PSP port.

MS is already getting a Monster Hunter.

Other system owners will claim that the game failed since it sold less than 10 million.

Love and tolerate.

capcom would port it to ps360

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Seriously, I think best case scenario...if it's a massive success, the best we'll get will be cheap Monster Hunter knock-offs that are crap!

"Harcore games don't sell on Wii" myth shall be broken apart ("Just Dance doesn't count, it is da Cazualrs gayms, LulZ!!!"), and more and more Third parties will get to the Wii boat. In other words, the PS360 are dO0meDz

Above: still the best game of the year.