By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will happen if Monster Hunter tri is a sucess?

What will happen if Monster Hunter tri is a sucess?

Good things will happen :) 123 69.49%

Bad things will happen :( 7 3.95%

I don't want it to be a sucess..... 4 2.26%

I want this on PS3! 8 4.52%

Would've sold better on PS3...... 22 12.43%

Who cares? Wii has the best 3rd party support 13 7.34%

Total:177

Meh I don't think much will happen. I already think MH3 in Japan has done enough to warrant a 4th one to at least come to Japan on Wii or a future Nintendo console especially with the strong backing Nintendo has been giving. Might even go far enough to try and get them to put it on DS/3DS which wouldn't be that far out of the question.

Really how MH3 does in NA/Europe is really just determining future approaches to the series in the West and really not system specific at all. They are just trying to make it a viable franchise over here and if they do a decent job of it on MH3 you can expect them to keep it up over the next 3-4 years at making it a big franchise.

Around the Network

i chose "Good things will happen" i mean the world will be a much better place if this dominates in sales... i mean who doesn't want to spend there weekend killing monsters?

nothing really, a sequel, that's what normally happens when games are successful.

Severance said:

ROFL

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

What will happen?... That is the question...

There is no Knowledge that is not Power

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
They will port it to PS3 :p

^This. If it will be successful, Capcom will do what it always does - use the money to finance HD games, in this case MH on the PS3. And regardless of whether it is successful or not, forget about  MH4 being a Wii exclusive, despite appearances Capcom is NOT committed to the Wii, though admittedly they do more for it than many other 3rd parties. Success in the west will only push them even more towards making a PS3 version...

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

If it does very well, then more companies will come to Nintendo to publish their games. It also means a new big franchise here in the west.

I just hope Nintendo is marketing it correctly; that is, that they're showing commercials for it on TV shows like Pokemon - where a lot of Nintendo fans will see it and want it. I don't really watch TV so the extent of the marketing I have seen for this game so far has been on this particular website. I haven't seen much marketing at all in the games stores - in fact the people who run the EB games near me didn't seem to know anything about the game; and it's not like they're anti-Nintendo either since they always recommend me Wii and DS games.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

why the hell is ther enot an option for 'nothing will change' because thats the real answer

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Absolutely nothing.

I did see some commercials running on ESPN, which is rare for a core Wii game. There may some hope.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Yeah I don't see that much happening. Plus, when you factor in that it's already sold 1 million in Japan (which according to Capcom is disappointing, considering the size of the Wii user base and the popularity of MH), I dunno if I'd call 2 million between US + Others as a massive success. Maybe it's just because in this new era of gajillion-selling games, the definition of 'success' has become just slightly skewed...

Bah!