By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First Day Sales in Japan (No More Heroes PS3/360)

Interesting to see if it holds up at all better.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
.jayderyu said:
I love the drama. Whine whine whine, bitch bitch bitch. I should have been a HD game, it will sell better on any HD system, I will buy it if it comes out... blah blah blah.

on the flip side Wii get's a 2 year old FPS gimped port. It doesn't sell as well HD originals and then the HD Fanbois snicker and laugh at how shitty the sales are, pat themselves on the back for there right comments about how Wii doesn't sell games. Then turn around saying that no one buys ports.

This thread is the epitome of double standard hypocrisy. I love it. Please continue :)

doubled

.jayderyu said:
I love the drama. Whine whine whine, bitch bitch bitch. I should have been a HD game, it will sell better on any HD system, I will buy it if it comes out... blah blah blah.

on the flip side Wii get's a 2 year old FPS gimped port. It doesn't sell as well HD originals and then the HD Fanbois snicker and laugh at how shitty the sales are, pat themselves on the back for there right comments about how Wii doesn't sell games. Then turn around saying that no one buys ports.

This thread is the epitome of double standard hypocrisy. I love it. Please continue :)

I dont think many were excited by this game, by HD console standards is pretty crappy, more if the graphics still suck, features like motion control were removed and being 2 years late, my question would be why would anyone buy this having much better alternatives.

So its not even hypocrisy, I cant see how you can compare a game everyone wants with one that pretty much sucks, they are completly different.

.jayderyu said:

No, the FPS your referring to is one of the best selling franchises ever. It'd be like Zelda coming to PS3/360 and selling 500k between them. No More Heroes is a no name, kinda eccentric title that came out and didn't sell amazingly well on the Wii. No one expects a kinda good game, with 480k on the leading console to sell gang busters on the HD twin's. It's just that some people believe it could sell better on the HD twins and as this small (kinda stupid) example shows, it's gonna (maybe) outsell the Wii version in it's first week on both platforms in Japan. 

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

@jayderyu

Im suprised no one pointed that out earlier.

Sure it is a 2 year old port, but is heavily upgraded. New HD graphics, new content, new modes, for all "logical" purposes, it should have sold more. Unless of course...not many people like the game to begin with...hmmmm.

Around the Network
Voltaire said:
@jayderyu

Sure it is a 2 year old port, but is heavily upgraded. New HD graphics, new content, new modes, for all "logical" purposes, it should have sold more. Unless of course...not many people like the game to begin with...hmmmm.

Those HD graphics arent even good to begin with.

People have to remember this game is competing with much better games on HD consoles while MW on wii wasnt.

Voltaire said:
@jayderyu

It's also a slightly above average game without any sort of brand power that would be noticed by the HD audience. Dude, his comparing No More Heroes to Modern Warfare. By the way, motion controller's were taken out, loading times are longer and it isn't heavily upgraded, it's being upscaled and given three extra game modes.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Wagram said:
Bamboleo said:
I think its pretty clear now, that the "poor" wii sales aren't the system fault.

Whos fault is it then? Maybe they should have put Wii or Mario in the title. Would have sold millions then.

Then what should they have done to made it succeed on 360 or PS3? Put Halo or Metal Gear in the title?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

If the ps3 version really did 8k day one, it has a chance of passing the Wii version in week 1 sales.

Worth pointing out is that the Wii install base when NMH launched is VERY similar to the current install base for the ps3. If the ps3 beats the Wii version despite being a 2-year-old port that's pretty impressive. How it holds up in coming weeks will be more interesting.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

.jayderyu said:

Your spin is hilarious.

I might remind you that the PS3 version of NMH alone will most likely outsell the Wii version, (With the 360 as a close 3rd) whereas CoD on Wii only sold a fraction of the original version.

Looks like the only to blame for whining, bitching and having double standards is you.