By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First Day Sales in Japan (No More Heroes PS3/360)

a year old port, sales are where i thought they would be at.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

Good sales actually.

Even if the PS360 port managed to outsell the Wii version, I don't think No More Heroes would have sold all that much if it was originally released on the PS360. This is without a doubt a niche game. I don't see my PS3 and 360 owning friends caring too much about No More Heroes in HD. No More Heroes is published by Marvelous Entertainment ffs. They don't have the budget to release a pretty HD game. Just look at Deadly Premonition (which was also published by Marvelous Entertainment). Last gen graphics. Just in HD.

And the fact that No More Heroes is often referred to as an open-world/sandbox game when the sandbox is so empty compared to GTA, Crackdown, Prototype, inFAMOUS, etc. wouldn't do the game many favours. Personally I didn't mind the linearity and I love No More Heroes. But the lack of a true sandbox really hurt this game's reputation because people were expecting the Wii's GTA and instead they got a linear hack n slash with an overworld.

Hey!! Those numbers are obviously wrong!!

I have been told time and again that the reason a game like this one doesn't sell is because it is on the Wii. The numbers are wrong and they obviously sold bucketloads of games. The real number should be around 500k combined. Please fix it.

rubido said:
Hey!! Those numbers are obviously wrong!!

I have been told time and again that the reason a game like this one doesn't sell is because it is on the Wii. The numbers are wrong and they obviously sold bucketloads of games. The real number should be around 500k combined. Please fix it.

The rules doesn't apply when it's a two years old port.

Around the Network

I blame Nintendo.

demographic people demographic.

unless it's a nintendo game, or a game like wii fit.

it done better than previous iterations and it looks like they were right on putting it on HD system

saicho said:

^
actually there is no way to win.

yea, there is no way to "win" in "discussions" like that, hence they are called fanboy wars - everyone loses

It's weird that this is SUDA 51's game and he nothing to do with the 360/PS3 versions.

Soriku said:
ElGranCabeza said:
For people talking about the Wii sales of NMH compared to the PS3 and 360 sales of the same game. I don't think that's fair, it's a 2 year old port, very rarely do old ports pull a TOV and double the original sales. The real real interesting game I wanna see in Japan is Basara 3, releasing on the same day - 29/07 - for both PS3 and Wii. The PS3 version is 10 or 15 bucks more expensive, but has better graphics, everything else is the same.

Sengoku Basara 3 has online for PS3 only.

Awww ok, I've been told online is not really that big in Japan as it is in the west so that might not be really relevant but either way we have PS3 with better graphics + online vs the Wii with twice the userbase + about 10/15 bucks cheaper. Will be very interesting to see the split.