By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First Day Sales in Japan (No More Heroes PS3/360)

Pathetic that people add the HD sales as one, I guess then that if the Wii were HD then no one platform would compete with the others, it would be all "HD".

Around the Network

What a cute thread! I love the two contradictory arguments in here: that it outsold the Wii version (it didn't) and this is some kind of huge victory, but it's an old port that no one wants so it doesn't count in the overall scheme of things. I guess this is a little bit better than just having the people scream that an HD version would sell way better drop off the face of the Earth.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

^
You ignored the 2 years part, but okay

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

Are these numbers even true.....
VGC could report something in a few weeks that could be severely above or below what is posted in this thread - it could make all the discussion moot. As far as I know this is a leak correct?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Kenology said:
You guys always compare HD vs. Wii. HD is a resolution, not a platform. Combining two skus just to beat one, is not cool at all. Makes you all look desperate.

If 2 games are pretty much identical in every aspect, made by the exact same studio and released at the exact same time on 2 of the most similar systems ever... Why shouldn't the 2 versions of the game be combined? I bet that the developers will combine PS3 and 360 sales of the game... So why shouldn't we?

I wonder what you will be like if/when the PS3 version alone bests the Wii versions 11,703 week 1 sales...

Around the Network

It doesn't really matter because of how small the total sales will be overall. But I think one thing that is important to consider for the COD:MW Port to this NMH port comparison, is that COD 4 got a massive amount of marketing and advertising on its initial release, and Reflex didn't get much if any. No More Heroes did not get promotion on either its Wii release or now later on the HD platforms, so it is more of a fair comparison. Still, the game didn't completely bomb, but it also makes it clear No More Heroes will not be a successful franchise in the region.

Reminds me of the whole ChinaTown Wars fiasco. Amazing that when a Wii game sells like this its an immediate flop. When an HD game sells like this its good 'considering.' You guys are hilarious.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Carl2291 said:
Kenology said:
You guys always compare HD vs. Wii. HD is a resolution, not a platform. Combining two skus just to beat one, is not cool at all. Makes you all look desperate.

If 2 games are pretty much identical in every aspect, made by the exact same studio and released at the exact same time on 2 of the most similar systems ever... Why shouldn't the 2 versions of the game be combined? I bet that the developers will combine PS3 and 360 sales of the game... So why shouldn't we?

I wonder what you will be like if/when the PS3 version alone bests the Wii versions 11,703 week 1 sales...

Umm very simple. At the time of NMH's Japan debut, Wii userbase was 4 million. PS3 Japan userbase is 5 million.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

So the port is going to outsell the original?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
bmmb1 said:
Carl2291 said:
Kenology said:

Umm very simple. At the time of NMH's Japan debut, Wii userbase was 4 million. PS3 Japan userbase is 5 million.

Read the highlighted red.