By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First Day Sales in Japan (No More Heroes PS3/360)

Carl2291 said:
bmmb1 said:
Carl2291 said:
Kenology said:
You guys always compare HD vs. Wii. HD is a resolution, not a platform. Combining two skus just to beat one, is not cool at all. Makes you all look desperate.

If 2 games are pretty much identical in every aspect, made by the exact same studio and released at the exact same time on 2 of the most similar systems ever... Why shouldn't the 2 versions of the game be combined? I bet that the developers will combine PS3 and 360 sales of the game... So why shouldn't we?

I wonder what you will be like if/when the PS3 version alone bests the Wii versions 11,703 week 1 sales...

Umm very simple. At the time of NMH's Japan debut, Wii userbase was 4 million. PS3 Japan userbase is 5 million.

Read the highlighted red.

Yawn... not desparate at all, I couldn't care less about NMH, and in fact at this level of sales, a few thousands more or less is really meaningless, I just really dislike how some people always twist things to make the Wii look bad (I would dislike it if it's done for the other consoles as well, I dislike any attempt at twisting things no matter what the subject matter, it's just that 99.99% of the time I don't bother reading threads regarding consoles I don't care for).

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network
09tarheel said:
It doesn't really matter because of how small the total sales will be overall. But I think one thing that is important to consider for the COD:MW Port to this NMH port comparison, is that COD 4 got a massive amount of marketing and advertising on its initial release, and Reflex didn't get much if any. No More Heroes did not get promotion on either its Wii release or now later on the HD platforms, so it is more of a fair comparison. Still, the game didn't completely bomb, but it also makes it clear No More Heroes will not be a successful franchise in the region.

The COD:MW port was a really tough situation. To put it plainly, it got no ads or promotion. The actual back boxart for the game is terribly designed, and the screenshots are horribly pixelated on it. Luckily, the name on the front saved it. People followed the cereal mantra: "If it says Kelloggs on the box, its Kelloggs in the box"; sales by association.

To make things even worse, the game is twice the price of the editions with better graphics and still sold a million.

The only reason it isn't at 3 million+ right now is because the Wii console was not there during the time the COD fanbase quadrupled in size from COD3 to COD4. But then again if it was, we would not have Reflex right now would we?

At the time of NMH1's release, the Wii userbase in Japan was 4 million. The userbase of the PS3 and 360 combined in Japan now is 5.5+1.3m, so 6.8 million. The title has more features than the original and the graphics are better. However, the loading times are longer, many more interesting games have released since 2007, and there is no allure of motion (but PS3/360 owners expect not to have it obviously).

Regardless of all the junk we can bring up about this game in the whole scheme of the PS3&360 versus Wii war, the title did not sell gangbusters on any of the 3 consoles in Japan. The fact that the two consoles are even combined is pretty pathetic, and a shallow attempt and portraying some type of growth, when individually they are both low. Remember kids, there is strength in numbers.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

wow I'm surprised it sold this well.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Carl2291 said:
Kenology said:
You guys always compare HD vs. Wii. HD is a resolution, not a platform. Combining two skus just to beat one, is not cool at all. Makes you all look desperate.

If 2 games are pretty much identical in every aspect, made by the exact same studio and released at the exact same time on 2 of the most similar systems ever... Why shouldn't the 2 versions of the game be combined? I bet that the developers will combine PS3 and 360 sales of the game... So why shouldn't we?

I wonder what you will be like if/when the PS3 version alone bests the Wii versions 11,703 week 1 sales...

Development is different on PS3 and 360 simply because of the hardware and how you need to code for it, but thats beside the point, since NMH Paradise also not identical in every aspect between the PS3 and 360 versions lol

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

bmmb1 said:
Carl2291 said:
bmmb1 said:
Carl2291 said:
Kenology said:

Umm very simple. At the time of NMH's Japan debut, Wii userbase was 4 million. PS3 Japan userbase is 5 million.

Read the highlighted red.

Yawn... not desparate at all, I couldn't care less about NMH, and in fact at this level of sales, a few thousands more or less is really meaningless, I just really dislike how some people always twist things to make the Wii look bad (I would dislike it if it's done for the other consoles as well, I dislike any attempt at twisting things no matter what the subject matter, it's just that 99.99% of the time I don't bother reading threads regarding consoles I don't care for).

It sure looks desperate to me.

And it's not twisting anything to make the Wii look bad. It's talking facts. Which it seems a small portion of the Wii fanbase can't handle if it makes the Wii look even slightly bad. (It's not even a big deal, it's an old game with minimal hype that didn't sell very well anyway)

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Carl2291 said:
Kenology said:

Development is different on PS3 and 360 simply because of the hardware and how you need to code for it, but thats beside the point, since NMH Paradise also not identical in every aspect between the PS3 and 360 versions lol

Well that shuts up that point then haha

But still, even if you don't combine the sales... It's looking like the PS3 version will outperform the Wii versions week 1 anyway. I don't see the fuss about it really, as i just said, it's a relatively small and old game with minimal hype.

Barozi said:
.jayderyu said:
I love the drama. Whine whine whine, bitch bitch bitch. I should have been a HD game, it will sell better on any HD system, I will buy it if it comes out... blah blah blah.

on the flip side Wii get's a 2 year old FPS gimped port. It doesn't sell as well HD originals and then the HD Fanbois snicker and laugh at how shitty the sales are, pat themselves on the back for there right comments about how Wii doesn't sell games. Then turn around saying that no one buys ports.

This thread is the epitome of double standard hypocrisy. I love it. Please continue :)

Your spin is hilarious.

I might remind you that the PS3 version of NMH alone will most likely outsell the Wii version, (With the 360 as a close 3rd) whereas CoD on Wii only sold a fraction of the original version.

Looks like the only to blame for whining, bitching and having double standards is you.

it's not likely to outsell the wii version even if the first week is bigger (which is certainly not guaranteed).  Wii sales are at about 40k i don't think it's gonna get there.  Combined they probably will but not by a significant amount.  As other people have said though, it's bad for all of them.  Why are we arguing over tiny differences that really make little difference to the developers in face of the large sales in the US?

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

outlawauron said:
Pristine20 said:
why would anyone want No More Heroes now?

Because, regardless of haters, it's an awesome game!

Amen. I just beat NMH today. Awesome game. I rank the game right up there with my favorite 360 games. It's a shame the Wii doesn't get the respect it deserves from so-called "hardcore gamers". I'm telling you right now, I used to be a big motion control naysayer when it came to hack n slash. And you know what? I don't think I've had this much fun with a hack n slash game ever. The motion control really does add to the experience. No More Heroes is not exactly a deep hack n slash game (so I can understand why the God of War, Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, etc. purists would scoff at that thought). But it's pretty damn fun. I have to give it that. Even if you get more depth from a gamepad and gamepad hack n slashers are fun as it is, the motion control thing does help with the immersion. Especially when you're fighting hordes of baddies (ie. Assassination Gig 18 where you can kill 100+ enemies in 3 mins).

Soriku said:

Can we all agree the game bombed on the Wii, 360, and PS3? We already know NMH sold badly in Japan but sold great in the West. 6-8k first day isn't good. It's doing really slightly better than the Wii version, but who cares when it's a bomb either way? You're just going to bad from already bad.

Suda's games never sell well in Japan, period. Doesn't matter if it's a late port - wouldn't have sold too well in the first place and would've sold better in the West.

Exactly I think I tried to mention this like 5 pages ago, its not surprising the game didnt do well Suda doesnt make games with japan in mind even though his games are very "japanese".

lol the comment section is fucking hilarious lol