By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First Day Sales in Japan (No More Heroes PS3/360)

Doobie_wop said:
loves2splooge said:
Please bring this over to the North American market. I'll gladly double-dip into NMH for the achievements. I'm almost done my first playthrough of the Wii version. I'm gonna play the Wii version again with New Game+. I would totally play it a third time (or more) on the 360 for the achievements. Besides you get to see Holly Summers (my favorite), Bad Girl and Sylvia Christel in bikinis and shit like that (Very Sweet Mode).

Generally, I dread to replay videogames these days. But No More Heroes is an exception for me. They kept the gameplay design simple and I like that. Go to a stage, kill some mofos with a lightsaber, boss battle, money grind to get to the next stage, train your stats and buy some shit then go to another stage, decapitate some more mofos, boss battle, rinse and repeat. The pacing also seems right (if anything, I wish the stages were longer so I could enjoy killing some more). The gameplay design is basic but strangely it works for me. Maybe "keeping it simple stupid" applies to gameplay design.

I'm not sure, but is the 360 region free? (I wouldn't know because I don't import for my 360). If you import a copy from Japan it will have the English dialogue as an option. I may try and see if I can get the PS3 version sent to me from a friend who lives in Japan. Play Asia also have the 360 version for sale.

The game is region-locked. It has been confirmed by people who have tried the game on their NTSC-U 360s on GameFAQs. Also someone from that forum got this in an e-mail from NCS (import retailer)

"Hi___, we can confirm that No More Heroes for the Japanese Xbox 360 is
not region free. Our customers in Japan already have the game and tested it
on a USA console for us.

Regards,
NCS Inc"

The 360 verison is CERO Z and uncensored whereas the PS3 version is censored (CERO D) so looks like westerners won't be able to get an uncensored version of this port unless they own a NTSC-J 360. Considering that an Arcade 360 costs a fortune to import on Play-Asia, I'm gonna pass. I got dinged hard by customs by importing a Japanese shmup recently. I'd hate to think how much I'd get charged by the mail delivery woman for duties, taxes and handling for importing a console.

Around the Network
Bamboleo said:
Doobie_wop said:
Bamboleo said:
Doobie_wop said:
Bamboleo said:
kingofwale said:
Bamboleo said:
I think its pretty clear now, that the "poor" wii sales aren't the system fault.

really?? is it really clear???

We are talking about year-old port, to systems that has much less install base than the Wii.... and yet, it still sold more.

It sold more?

All I see is two versions of the year-old port performing UNDER the Wii numbers.

I hate when people glue together the hardware and software sales of the HD consoles like it was just one machine...

Both of the sales listed is for the first day, by the end of the week they should be equal or higher than the Wii first week. This is per platform..

While I'm not sure of that, I have to give you credit. All is possible yeah. But gluing together the sales of 2 different consoles and then saying it outsold the version of another single platform is plain stupid imo.

It is stupid, but I can kinda understand why it's done. Creating a port between two similar consoles wouldn't cost a lot and so it leads people to believe that the combined sales between the platforms would off set that cost.

It doesn't. While reducing the costs, you're still developing on two different systems. That's why you should not put them together.

The loss is bigger in an HD PS360 multiplat game that sold 100k, than in a Wii game that sold 100k.

Porting costs are minimal - The original Assassin's Creed was ported from I believe Ps3 to 360 for less then 10% of the total development budget, a figure which has no doubt dropped further since 2006. I can find the article about that if you want but it'll take alot of googling and digging so please take my word for it >_>. 

It depends entirely on the context then - if we're saying which console sold best as a matter of honour or something then don't combine them. If we're talking about where 3rd parties should be investing money, releasing games etc then it's only logical to combine 360 / Ps3 as the cost of porting from one to another is minimal and to the developer, financially, they are pretty much one platform.

So the 360 version being uncensored gave it that many more sales, huh? Looks like it's doing pretty well compared to the PS3 / Wii versions.

Though, the sales are still low all around, so it doesn't matter much.

Bamboleo said:
Doobie_wop said:
Bamboleo said:
Doobie_wop said:
Bamboleo said:
kingofwale said:
Bamboleo said:
I think its pretty clear now, that the "poor" wii sales aren't the system fault.

We are talking about year-old port, to systems that has much less install base than the Wii.... and yet, it still sold more.

It sold more?

All I see is two versions of the year-old port performing UNDER the Wii numbers.

I hate when people glue together the hardware and software sales of the HD consoles like it was just one machine...

Both of the sales listed is for the first day, by the end of the week they should be equal or higher than the Wii first week. This is per platform..

While I'm not sure of that, I have to give you credit. All is possible yeah. But gluing together the sales of 2 different consoles and then saying it outsold the version of another single platform is plain stupid imo.

It is stupid, but I can kinda understand why it's done. Creating a port between two similar consoles wouldn't cost a lot and so it leads people to believe that the combined sales between the platforms would off set that cost.

It doesn't. While reducing the costs, you're still developing on two different systems. That's why you should not put them together.

The loss is bigger in an HD PS360 multiplat game that sold 100k, than in a Wii game that sold 100k.

Yes, but in this specific circumstance, it's a Wii game being ported to the PS360. I think Marvelous should make a decent profit if they sold 100k between the two, considering all the work was done and it just had be upscaled and tweaked.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

It bombed again.

Around the Network

You either look at them individually, or add them all together, that's Wii+360+PS3, not Wii v 360+PS3...

It is a port after all, not a completely new game.

VGChartz

For people talking about the Wii sales of NMH compared to the PS3 and 360 sales of the same game. I don't think that's fair, it's a 2 year old port, very rarely do old ports pull a TOV and double the original sales. The real real interesting game I wanna see in Japan is Basara 3, releasing on the same day - 29/07 - for both PS3 and Wii. The PS3 version is 10 or 15 bucks more expensive, but has better graphics, everything else is the same.

jammy2211 said:
Bamboleo said:
Doobie_wop said:
Bamboleo said:
Doobie_wop said:
Bamboleo said:
kingofwale said:
Bamboleo said:

It sold more?

Porting costs are minimal - The original Assassin's Creed was ported from I believe Ps3 to 360 for less then 10% of the total development budget, a figure which has no doubt dropped further since 2006. I can find the article about that if you want but it'll take alot of googling and digging so please take my word for it >_>.

It depends entirely on the context then - if we're saying which console sold best as a matter of honour or something then don't combine them. If we're talking about where 3rd parties should be investing money, releasing games etc then it's only logical to combine 360 / Ps3 as the cost of porting from one to another is minimal and to the developer, financially, they are pretty much one platform.

That means that last gen we had just one platform with the GC, XB and PS2?

No.

It means we had three different platforms each other with minimal porting costs between multiplat games.

You can't put together software sales for two different platforms. It's not correct.

I love the drama. Whine whine whine, bitch bitch bitch. I should have been a HD game, it will sell better on any HD system, I will buy it if it comes out... blah blah blah.

on the flip side Wii get's a 2 year old FPS gimped port. It doesn't sell as well HD originals and then the HD Fanbois snicker and laugh at how shitty the sales are, pat themselves on the back for there right comments about how Wii doesn't sell games. Then turn around saying that no one buys ports.

This thread is the epitome of double standard hypocrisy. I love it. Please continue :)

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

they should've called it No More Herpes - would've sold millions