By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm not excited about Pokémon Black & White. Who else isn't?

Firstly, I would like to say I hate Zorua and Zororark, and for the single reason there will be more new Pokémon I won't buy neither Black or White versions. However, I'm not an idiot "fanboy-hater" who won't check out the details about the new generation.

I must say I'm fine with the new proposal of expanding the maps: cities are now more detailed and bigger than before, and the new camera perspective delivers the impact of colossal exploration. The fresh details about the battle system are interesting, and they seem to finally become more animated than before. At last but not least, there's the rumour of a "Evolution 3", which could mean anything.

Despite this apparent revolution in the Pokémon series, why am I not excited? Because it won't change anything at all. Many people may say this battle system will change the gameplay, but, as it seems, it just changes the camera to show the attacks from each Pokémon; the cities are larger, but there isn't any proof their exploration will change. Finally, if this "Evolution 3" is, in fact, the introduction to 3rd stage Pokémon, we'll know it'll be just a way to move the base stats up.

I'm asking people who aren't excited about these "changes" to join me and show all these people who are extremely excited about the new generation to stop and think for a moment before sayin "I love it!". And I'm suggesting the people who are stabbing us to stop doing that, it even looks like the people who kill the ones who don't treat Kratos as the supreme fighter (c'mon, how can you compare him to Link? I think it's just stupid doing threads like those) and commander of all the game world. Unfortunately, I can't say why Pokémon keeps in the market these days in a few lines, but I'm a strong defensor of the "end" of the series (even being a fan) and I'm trying to convice the ones who are really thinking it'll be a revolution that, in the end, is going to be the same thing with upgraded graphics.

The only thing I must say I'm excited about it is the new logo: why can't they retire that horrible Western logo and use the japanese instead?!

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Around the Network

I didn't like it since I saw those wierd Digimon looking pokemon they announced.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

I like my Platinum Version... I don't need more Pokemons, I buy 1 game every hand held and its dandy as hell... until they make one for the wii (not talking about the stadium type ones with the quests attached to it)... which they will probably never do, because I've been wanting it since N64 :(

I'm not, but then again I haven't been excited for Pokemon in a long time.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

im not too excited ... i just started to play SoulSilver ... its just the same damn game ... with a few lame additions to Diamond ... i really wish they would start to do something new with the series

Sega For Life - Gaming Died When Sega Died ... Sega <3

The nintendo before - ' wii release ' <3
Sega before ' Software Only ' <3

Anti M$ (Therefore anti 360) - im making it official ... Go play your meaningless FPS Games ...

Around the Network

I don't think they'll try something exciting, until people quit buying it. Because I'm like I'm not going to buy the next one, cause its just got slightly modified battle, and more pokemons.... then I do cause I want to play with my little brother :P

I'm not, but my last Pokemon game was Silver version on Gameboy Color

Can't say that I am. But I guess we'll see how it turns out.

Oh God, another frigging pokemon

The history is written by the Victors.

puffy said:
I'm not, but my last Pokemon game was SoulSilver version on Nintendo DS.

This.