By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm not excited about Pokémon Black & White. Who else isn't?

i've played all Pokemon generations up to this (including one of each remake) but i'm honestly not sure about this one

so to answer your question, I'm also not excited about Pokemon B/W

Around the Network
dib8rman said:
lol, then don't buy it. Don't get why there has to be a whole thread about it.

this. and guys, if you dont have the memory capacity to learn the names of 500+ pokemon, just admit it, dont blame the game that hasnt been released.

i'm a big fan but for first time i'm not excited with it as well anyway i will buy the game in same.

Aye, I've moved on from these games. They were fun but after a few of these games, they're too much of the same.

The reason why people complain as opposed to just ignoring the franchise is because they see its potential and want to see a pokemon game that surpasses its predecesor instead of just adding an extra mini game or 2. And I don't buy this argument that because its aimed at children experiencing pokemon for the first time, they can't change the fomula. Young audience arn't gona be turned away from the game because the stories been changed into something actually worth telling. their not gonna be turned away if pokemon sudenly had full animations and proper voices or an inhanced battle system. No ones saying that they need make an M rated pokemon game aimed at at adults, just that the series should be better than wat it is.

Anyone who thinks that nintendo is somehow justistified in the amount of effort they put into these games is kidding themself. This is probably the most profitable franchise of all time, with each iteration containing the same character models, recycled music, recycled enviroments, art, graphics engine, i dont kno how these games can come close to costing anywhere near a million. It probably takes nintendo around 6 months to complete each title. Their just takin da piss

Around the Network
teigaga said:
The reason why people complain as opposed to just ignoring the franchise is because they see its potential and want to see a pokemon game that surpasses its predecesor instead of just adding an extra mini game or 2. And I don't buy this argument that because its aimed at children experiencing pokemon for the first time, they can't change the fomula. Young audience arn't gona be turned away from the game because the stories been changed into something actually worth telling. their not gonna be turned away if pokemon sudenly had full animations and proper voices or an inhanced battle system. No ones saying that they need make an M rated pokemon game aimed at at adults, just that the series should be better than wat it is.

Anyone who thinks that nintendo is somehow justistified in the amount of effort they put into these games is kidding themself. This is probably the most profitable franchise of all time, with each iteration containing the same character models, recycled music, recycled enviroments, art, graphics engine, i dont kno how these games can come close to costing anywhere near a million. It probably takes nintendo around 6 months to complete each title. Their just takin da piss

What?

Whatever, if you don't buy it eventually someone gets the point and makes it something you want to buy again.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I gave pokemon a chance, I ddn't like it, so I won't buy any other pokemon games

I had not played a Pokemon games since Blue/Red/Yellow untill recently I have been playing SoulSilver. It has made me excited for Black/White to be honest. I can see how someone would be getting tired of the series and is not on the hype train though.

You don't realize that Pokemon is the "gateway" game.

A game aimed at 10 year olds with 60-plus hours of single player game play.

A game whose value does not fall over time.

A game not dependent upon the whim of a corporation to keep servers open.

As for it coming out too often -- here are the JP and US dates (source -Wikipedia)

96, 98 - Red/Blue/Green
98, 99 - Yellow
99, 00 - Gold / Silver
00, 01 - Crystal
02, 03 - Ruby / Saphire
04, 04 - Fire Red / Leaf Green (remake)
04, 05 - Emerald
06, 07 - Diamond / Pearl
08, 09 - Platinum
09, 10 - Heart Gold / Soul Silver (remake)
10, 11 - Black / White

Not on this list are the spin-off Mystery Dungeon and Rangers series which make it at least a game a year.

OT: I am sure I will get Pokemon Gray when it comes out.
Right now, I am looking for Crystal and Emerald -- as well as FireRed and LeafGreen. I want them complete and at a reasonable price. Of course, with Pokemon games, reasonable price is next to impossible.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I'm not, either.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046