By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm not excited about Pokémon Black & White. Who else isn't?

no. But then, I have never cared nor bought any Pokemon stuff.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

I am not.But it still will be a day 1 buy... :P

@OP I wasn't excited after playing the second GameBoy iteration of Pokemon. The real problem here isn't Pokemon. it's you or more specifically your expectations. Your practically asking that Nintendo to age Pokemon with your age, but it's like asking Disney to age there franchise characters with you. Could you imagine Disney making cartoons, movies and entertainment not for kids and teens.

Pokemon is really it's own new versions of the same story targeted at the same group of audience. Starting playing around 10, buy a new one at 13, then one at 16-18 then likely grow tired of pokemon while the next one is still staying with in the 10-18 range. Now this doesn't mean adults don't play Pokemon they do. I played Pokemon when I was 22 when it first came out(was I 22 or 20?.... old geezer memory here). After playing my second version I had enough. I had my fun.

Why should i buy every single iteration of the same game? and that's where it's breaking down. You have been trained to continue to re-buy iterations like it's some kind of continuance of games. But there is no continuance with Pokemon games. This is only backed up by why you don't understand why Pokemon is still around when it's very blatant. It's not for you once you decide that your not excite for the new pokemon. This is the point where you as the OP have a choice. Whine that Pokemon is not growing with you or be an adult an accept that it's for people who are still excite for the new pokemon. Which will you choose?

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

I'm very much excited and nothing anyone in this thread says is going to change that. By the way, I think Zorua and Zororak are quite nice.

Pixel Art can be fun.

"I won't buy neither"

so you'll buy both? O_O

Around the Network

I'm not excited, but for two reasons. One, because most of the changes look cosmetic and not related to any gameplay at all. But that's what has been done to most Pokemon game aside from adding things such as Breeding, 2 on 2 battles and 'types' to moves. When it comes down to it, Pokemon is a series that evolves so slowly, it takes 10 years just to add new content. And even then, it doesn't seem to change the gameplay unless you play Pokemon 'hardcore'.

The second reason I'm not interested is because they seem to just be releasing a main Pokemon game once a year now. What's the point in spending the 60+ hours to go through the main story, then start building up your team and get it 'competitive worthy' only for them to announce yet another Pokemon game coming out 6 months down the road. It makes you feel like you were just playing a game for nothing. Like playing an MMORPG only to hear them say an expansion was coming and you'll have to roll back all your characters stats.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

i just bought heartgold. Now there gonna release another one? and there has never been any huge improvements with any of these games. Only difference is a new continent and a few new pokemon are added its still the same shit.

i am enjoying heartgold because its a blast from the past but i wish something new would happen to these games.

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
I'm not excited, but for two reasons. One, because most of the changes look cosmetic and not related to any gameplay at all. But that's what has been done to most Pokemon game aside from adding things such as Breeding, 2 on 2 battles and 'types' to moves. When it comes down to it, Pokemon is a series that evolves so slowly, it takes 10 years just to add new content. And even then, it doesn't seem to change the gameplay unless you play Pokemon 'hardcore'.

The second reason I'm not interested is because they seem to just be releasing a main Pokemon game once a year now. What's the point in spending the 60+ hours to go through the main story, then start building up your team and get it 'competitive worthy' only for them to announce yet another Pokemon game coming out 6 months down the road. It makes you feel like you were just playing a game for nothing. Like playing an MMORPG only to hear them say an expansion was coming and you'll have to roll back all your characters stats.

uhh...

correct me if I'm wrong but (following Japanese dates)

96 - Red/Blue/Green
98 - Yellow
99 - Gold / Silver
00 - Crystal
02 - Ruby / Saphire
04 - Fire Red / Leaf Green (remake)
04 - Emerald
06 - Diamond / Pearl
08 - Platinum
09 - Heart Gold / Soul Silver (remake)
10 - Black / White

Including remakes, they have been putting out ~1 game/year for a while. If you don't include remakes, then it comes closer to every 2 years. Also, new generations were originally 3 years apart, and now they are 4 years apart. Complaining that they are making too many games now just seems stupid considering how long they've been making them and how many they've put out the door already.

@topic

I'm not really excited for the games, but then again I'm in the middle of one now and I'll see if I want more pokemon or not when the game releases. So far I'm really happy with my purchase due to the fun level and also due to the playtime per dollar. While trying to cut back on videogame spending this game has been great.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:

uhh...

correct me if I'm wrong but (following Japanese dates)

96 - Red/Blue/Green
98 - Yellow
99 - Gold / Silver
00 - Crystal
02 - Ruby / Saphire
04 - Fire Red / Leaf Green (remake)
04 - Emerald
06 - Diamond / Pearl
08 - Platinum
09 - Heart Gold / Soul Silver (remake)
10 - Black / White

Including remakes, they have been putting out ~1 game/year for a while. If you don't include remakes, then it comes closer to every 2 years. Also, new generations were originally 3 years apart, and now they are 4 years apart. Complaining that they are making too many games now just seems stupid considering how long they've been making them and how many they've put out the door already.

@topic

I'm not really excited for the games, but then again I'm in the middle of one now and I'll see if I want more pokemon or not when the game releases. So far I'm really happy with my purchase due to the fun level and also due to the playtime per dollar. While trying to cut back on videogame spending this game has been great.

Well first of all, we got a much more staggard release fo the Pokemon games outside of Japan.  And that's why it doesn't feel like its year on year, aside from the latest games.  Heck, we use to get Pokemon titles 1-2 years later than Japan.  Now its much closer.

But just compare all the games now.  Games like Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and Leaf Green/Fire Red arguably added more to the series than all of the games this gen.  And I think that's why a lot of people are losing interest.  The major 'draw' for Pokemon this gen was the online content and stuff like 'Poketech'...while the only major gameplay changes were on games like Ruby/Sapphire and Leaf/Fire actually added new content to the gameplay (what little it was) such as 2vs2 battles, barries and contests, more new moves, etc.  The only thing they've done this gen to the core gameplay is restructure the way moves are labeled (and their effects) and change certain Pokemons move pools...and that actually made certain Pokemon even more overpowered.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

lol, then don't buy it. Don't get why there has to be a whole thread about it.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D