By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without a doubt in my mind Kratos would annihilate Link.

RageBot said:
And Khuutra, even with both of them, and Kratos having only canonical items, even though he won't win, he technically won't lose either, since when he dies he will just growl and go back from the underworld :P

Even with the milk and cape he wouldn't lose.

Khuutra - Youre saying link can be invulnerable with the cape because the devs made it that way but Kratos can't have those items even though he finds every single one (Just like link does) because... why? Again... another example of you using your failed logic to one game but not the other. Just because Link can't be hit in the game doesn't mean thats how that cape works. Unless you admit that Kratos dies automatically if he goes off the path.

Around the Network

letsdance I would use this argument. use the 200ft tall God of War Kratos+ Hades weapons that can attack the soul. this means that even tho Link can hit kratos he is to small to do any damage to the giant immortal (can't die from old age) and near invincible (in the lore only gods and powerful magic weapons can kill gods and the master sword should be able to affect Kratos) Kratos then uses Hades weapons to rip out Links Soul (just because his body is intangable doesn't mean his soul can't be ripprd out) there Kratos wins until proven otherwise.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Khuutra said:
RageBot said:
And Khuutra, even with both of them, and Kratos having only canonical items, even though he won't win, he technically won't lose either, since when he dies he will just growl and go back from the underworld :P

He'd still lose the fight, even if he didn't stay dead.

You do acknowledge that Kratos could not win the fight as letsdance outlined it, though?

Yes, I agree with almost all of what you said, and it seems like you agree with almost all of what I said, thus the argument is done.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

letsdance said:
RageBot said:

Even with the milk and cape he wouldn't lose.

Khuutra - Youre saying link can be invulnerable with the cape because the devs made it that way but Kratos can't have those items even though he finds every single one (Just like link does) because... why? Again... another example of you using your failed logic to one game but not the other. Just because Link can't be hit in the game doesn't mean thats how that cape works. Unless you admit that Kratos dies automatically if he goes off the path.

Canonically, Kratos never uses any of those items, no more than he runs around in the Dairy Bastard outfit. Canonically, Link does get Chateau Romani and the Magic Cape. It's not a double standard, it's an adherence to what qualifies as canon.

It's the way the cape works in the game. When we try to come up with rules that aren't reflected by the game, we deviate from canon. We must not deviate from canon if we are to consider this seriously.

RageBot said:
Khuutra said:
RageBot said:

He'd still lose the fight, even if he didn't stay dead.

You do acknowledge that Kratos could not win the fight as letsdance outlined it, though?

Yes, I agree with almost all of what you said, and it seems like you agree with almost all of what I said, thus the argument is done.

That's cool.

Please try to convince letsdance to use another angle here

Just... pick a Link

LttP, LoZ, whatever

Around the Network
zarx said:
letsdance I would use this argument. use the 200ft tall God of War Kratos+ Hades weapons that can attack the soul. this means that even tho Link can hit kratos he is to small to do any damage to the giant immortal (can't die from old age) and near invincible (in the lore only gods and powerful magic weapons can kill gods and the master sword should be able to affect Kratos) Kratos then uses Hades weapons to rip out Links Soul (just because his body is intangable doesn't mean his soul can't be ripprd out) there Kratos wins until proven otherwise.

I don't need to argue with the guy. He is insane. Both games don't follow logic but he is saying one of them is the way the game is programmed the other isn't. I stopped taking the guy seriously long ago. His bias was shown plenty a while ago. And now the guy is saying because Kratos never used the items he cant use them even though he is in possession of them... I mean... come on... Ok then Khuutra... I never used the Magic Cape because I never found it thus Link never owned the magic cape thus the magic cape isnt in this fight (See how illogical your arguements are?)

From my experience...

Kratos vs. Any single Link = Kratos wins.

Kratos vs. All Link's combined... Tough one. I would have said Link, but then i just saw zarx's post about Hades' weapons that rip your soul out...

letsdance said:
zarx said:

I don't need to argue with the guy. He is insane. Both games don't follow logic but he is saying one of them is the way the game is programmed the other isn't. I stopped taking the guy seriously long ago. His bias was shown plenty a while ago. And now the guy is saying because Kratos never used the items he cant use them even though he is in possession of them... I mean... come on... Ok then Khuutra... I never used the Magic Cape because I never found it thus Link never owned the magic cape thus the magic cape isnt in this fight (See how illogical your arguements are?)

Not at all - I'm simply adhering to the canon of the games. Canonically, Kratos never had infinite magic or infinite Rage of Sparta or anything like that. Any time he was able to use those - just like any time he ran around dressed up as a cow, or being Heracles - it was outside of canon.

Canonically, the Magic Cape does exactly what I've described it to do. Attributing any more aspects to it is operating outside of canon.

zarx said:

It needs to be noted here that those hooks don't work on Sirens when they're intangible, so that doesn't work either.

@Carl:

See this post

Khuutra said:
letsdance said:
zarx said:

Not at all - I'm simply adhering to the canon of the games. Canonically, Kratos never had infinite magic or infinite Rage of Sparta or anything like that. Any time he was able to use those - just like any time he ran around dressed up as a cow, or being Heracles - it was outside of canon.

Canonically, the Magic Cape does exactly what I've described it to do. Attributing any more aspects to it is operating outside of canon.

Yes, but thats the Devs job pacing and formulating the game. Just as link cant be hit. This both defy's logic but you are using one in your favor than the other showing your bias. And BTW - Link never finds the Magic Cape your agument is over. Link never uses it. I win.