By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without a doubt in my mind Kratos would annihilate Link.

Khuutra said:
zarx said:
well Khuutra has won this thread...

these discussions are always flawed because every single detail of a characters power (at least a singular point of reference) equipment etc as well as location of the fight and what level of outside help fore warning preparation time etc.

Oh well they can still be fun to read and argue well I am off to bed.

The argument can continue if we discount Chateau Romani, or even just stick to one Link, but letsdance doesn't seem willing to do that.

Why would I do that when you have failed logic. Your logic is since the programmers made the game that way its a rule. The programmers aren't suppose to do that. They are suppose to control the pace and flow of the game. With your logic Kratos can never turn back or hop down to a different ledge. Because Nintendo couldn't make it so the AI attacked and hurt the character when the character was swinging the sword that means its a rule? Not at allUsing that logic Link can never jump unless by a ledge. You are just too stubborn to realize how faulty your arguement really is.

Around the Network
Xero said:
LOL Kratos couldn't lose.

He has control of fate, and can't die. If he died he can go back and alter his fate as he sees fit. Even creating an infinitum of duplicates of himself at a specific point in time, if he so wished.

Kratos abandons control of fate in the end of GoW2 in pursuit of his vengeance - he'd have ot travel back to the loom again. And he's plenty capable of dying.

letsdance said:
Khuutra said:
zarx said:
well Khuutra has won this thread...

these discussions are always flawed because every single detail of a characters power (at least a singular point of reference) equipment etc as well as location of the fight and what level of outside help fore warning preparation time etc.

Oh well they can still be fun to read and argue well I am off to bed.

The argument can continue if we discount Chateau Romani, or even just stick to one Link, but letsdance doesn't seem willing to do that.

Why would I do that when you have failed logic. Your logic is since the programmers made the game that way its a rule. The programmers aren't suppose to do that. They are suppose to control the pace and flow of the game. With your logic Kratos can never turn back or hop down to a different ledge. Because Nintendo couldn't make it so the AI attacked and hurt the character when the character was swinging the sword that means its a rule? Not at allUsing that logic Link can never jump unless by a ledge. You are just too stubborn to realize how faulty your arguement really is.

Creating a few frames of vulnerability when he swung his sword would be as easy as the invulnerability frames that follow whenever Link is hurt, but they didn't. It doesn't matter why: all that matters is that Link can't be hurt while wearing the magic cape, period.

Link actually jumps all the time - in the N64 games he can jump up and back and forward and side to side withotu a ledge, and with Roc's feather he can jump like 15 feet straight up without any ledge.

It's not a faulty argument.

Khuutra said:
Xero said:

He has control of fate, and can't die. If he died he can go back and alter his fate as he sees fit. Even creating an infinitum of duplicates of himself at a specific point in time, if he so wished.

Kratos abandons control of fate in the end of GoW2 in pursuit of his vengeance - he'd have ot travel back to the loom again. And he's plenty capable of dying.

lol... and link loses control of all his items in every other Zelda game... Another example of you using your flawed logic for one game and not the other. Congradulations you lose the thread.

letsdance said:
Khuutra said:
Xero said:

lol... and link loses control of all his items in every other Zelda game... Another example of you using your flawed logic for one game and not the other. Congradulations you lose the thread.

....?

There's more than one Link. When I suggested you pick a Link, you picked "All Links combined". Your words, not mine.

With Kratos it can be assumed that we're talking about a canonical version of Kratos from a specific point in time, presumably near the end of GoW3 since that's when he's at his most powerful. At that time he doesn't have control of the looms.

Around the Network

Dodging/hoping/parrying =/= jumping.

Khuutra said:
RageBot said:
Khuutra said:

Not invisibility, intangibility.

Perseus (who was a pansy compared to the mythological version) could still be hit when he was invisible - Link can't. Period. End of discussion!

If you want to set up a discussion where Link doesn't have his game-breaking cape that's fine, but if he has it and Chateau Romanin then Kratos can't win, period. Doesn't matter how strong he is.

Kratos also has items that give him invulnerability, so it's a tie.

SO to sum it up:

A single version of Link vs a single version of Kratos - depends on the version, and GoW3 Kratos will beat every single one.

Combined - A tie.

Kratos has no canonical items that give him invulnerability.

We are talking about scenarios when each Hero has every item possible for them to have, canonical or not, agree with me that is also non-canonical for Link to have both the magic cape and the cheatu romani, right?

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

And Khuutra, even with both of them, and Kratos having only canonical items, even though he won't win, he technically won't lose either, since when he dies he will just growl and go back from the underworld :P

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

RageBot said:
Khuutra said:

Kratos has no canonical items that give him invulnerability.

We are talking about scenarios when each Hero has every item possible for them to have, canonical or not, agree with me that is also non-canonical for Link to have both the magic cape and the cheatu romani, right?

Not at all. I was asking letsdance to pick a Link from canon, but he failed to do so - he is the one who said "All Links combined". Even then, I have been limiting myself to canonical abilities of those Links, and have not gone beyond Zelda canon at any point.

I assume a canonical Kratos for the same reason, since the canonical Kratos never used the Urn of Gaia or the Conch Shell of Poseidon, nor was he ever able to use them, any more than he ever ran around in the Dairy Bastard outfit.

RageBot said:
And Khuutra, even with both of them, and Kratos having only canonical items, even though he won't win, he technically won't lose either, since when he dies he will just growl and go back from the underworld :P

He'd still lose the fight, even if he didn't stay dead.

You do acknowledge that Kratos could not win the fight as letsdance outlined it, though?