By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without a doubt in my mind Kratos would annihilate Link.

Staude said:
Khuutra said:

It would be logical, but it's just not true. The Magic Cape is a cheaply powerful item that there's no way around until Link runs out of magic. Link cannot be touched, period, whil he's wearing it, even when he hits Kratos - and Kratos can't actually grab enemies while he's being hit, and hee can't counter a move he can't see coming, and even if he could it wouldn't matter becuse Link can't be hit.

THe Magic Cape has broken this fight.

If you want to come up with another scenario for the fight where Link doesn't have both Chateau Romani and the Magic Cape, that's fine, I'll argue there too, but the argument of Combined Link vs. Kratos was over as soon as it started.

you cannot deny logic like that. Even if you claim it broken you must abide by some rules. YYou can't have someone touching someone else while the other cannot touch that said person at that exact moment. not that anyone else could interfere but that specific person. And if he is able to run out of magic then kratos has already won on that too. ..

And kratos does grab some people within QTE's while they attack him. And certainly he can use that to his advantage to win any fight.

Actually, yeah, I know. It's not fair, it makes the fight into a bullshit exercise in futility, etc. I know.

But the fact remains is that that's still how the Magic Cape works. Link can hit anyon but he can't be hit or grabbed, period. He can hit you whilel he's standing inside of a wall. He can hit you while he's standing inside of you, and you're the only one who will feel the impact. It's a broken, unbeatable combination that can't be gotten around.

That's why I encourage letsdance to come up with a scenario that doesn't involve the Magic Cape, or at least say "Okay with Chateau Romani and the Magic Cape there's no way Kratos can beat Link but that's not in the spirit of the discussion." So long as he doesn't do this, I can't go down any other lines of logic.

Around the Network

I'm gonna use the logic that most people does in these comparisons.
Link wins because I like him more than Kratos.
The end.

Oh, and you all forget one important fact. Both Kratos and Link are controlled by Gods: the Players. So, to make a fair comparison you would have to have a fight between one player controlling Link and one player controlling Kratos. Who would win?

Tingle owns everyone though

Khuutra said:
letsdance said:
LOL I'm done taking you seriously no Khuutra. Kratos strength is pretty consistant. If you want to take the "Kratos can't grab some enemies" Then I say "Link cant jump" That was the worst arguement you've had. And Kratos can see Link's shadow so he could dodge all day long. I can see you aren't thinking logically. If you were then you wouldn't be so biased with Link... and yes I am calling out your motives. If you weren't biased you wouldn't have tried to pull the "Kratos can't grab everyone" as Link then can't do many things... including talk!

...what the Hell?

Your whole argument hinges on Kratos's ability to grab Link when Links is intangible, but you don't think it's important that Kratos is unable to grapple with about 80% of the enemies in his own game without hurting them severely? That's immensely important, because it's the lynchpin of your entire argument and it doesn't make sense in the context of Kratos's own game! It's been true since the fist one.

And no, Kratos's strength is not consistent - there's a reason he has so much trouble opening the big brass door into Hades's palace, but then a few hours later he's able to push back against Hercules or push apart the fingers of Cronos. This inconsistency can be explained canonically, yes, because every time Kratos went up against a god or a titan he had Hope on his isde, and Hope is what makes him so powerful, but Hope doesn't avail him against lesser enemies or even against some bosses, and it's not going to avail him against a paragon of viirtue and good.

Also, by your logic I'm apparently biased toward Kratos too, since I argued for him over Bayonetta.

I think the problem is that you're not willing to admit that you accidentally put Kratos into an unwinnable scenario when you let him go up against a Link with the skill of all Links combined.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!! Then link's bombs arent consistant because they cant blow up every boulder. His flame can't burn every bush. You are really trying to pull this? That isn't the problem here... the problem is you are taking shitty AI and programming as a rule to the cape. No where have I read "The cape when attached to link can't be pulled off" Or "When the cape is active link can attack without being attacked" all ive seen is thecape makes him invisible and he can go through walls if he wants and you are able to see his shadow. Just because the enemy AI in the SNES days werent able to be programnmed to spot that kind of stuff and counter it doesn't mean thats how it works. Hell, link can't jump, can't talk, cant climb trees. This is why you are biased. Because you are applying your "Logic" to the GoW games but not even considering it for Link.

letsdance said:
Khuutra said:

...what the Hell?

Your whole argument hinges on Kratos's ability to grab Link when Links is intangible, but you don't think it's important that Kratos is unable to grapple with about 80% of the enemies in his own game without hurting them severely? That's immensely important, because it's the lynchpin of your entire argument and it doesn't make sense in the context of Kratos's own game! It's been true since the fist one.

And no, Kratos's strength is not consistent - there's a reason he has so much trouble opening the big brass door into Hades's palace, but then a few hours later he's able to push back against Hercules or push apart the fingers of Cronos. This inconsistency can be explained canonically, yes, because every time Kratos went up against a god or a titan he had Hope on his isde, and Hope is what makes him so powerful, but Hope doesn't avail him against lesser enemies or even against some bosses, and it's not going to avail him against a paragon of viirtue and good.

Also, by your logic I'm apparently biased toward Kratos too, since I argued for him over Bayonetta.

I think the problem is that you're not willing to admit that you accidentally put Kratos into an unwinnable scenario when you let him go up against a Link with the skill of all Links combined.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!! Then link's bombs arent consistant because they cant blow up every boulder. His flame can't burn every bush. You are really trying to pull this? That isn't the problem here... the problem is you are taking shitty AI and programming as a rule to the cape. No where have I read "The cape when attached to link can't be pulled off" Or "When the cape is active link can attack without being attacked" all ive seen is thecape makes him invisible and he can go through walls if he wants and you are able to see his shadow. Just because the enemy AI in the SNES days werent able to be programnmed to spot that kind of stuff and counter it doesn't mean thats how it works

You're becoming boring to talk to, and this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read in one of these topics. And I once read an argument from a guy who thought that C.A.T.S. would beat up Diablo.

1. The boulders that Link's bombs can destroy are perfectly consistent - the ones he can't are denoted by their color and the sound made when hitting them to be made of a different material.

2. In the original Legend of Zelda it's acknowledged that the fire Link carries in his lamp will burn dry bushes, but the only way to tell is to put fire to them.

3. I don't think you understand how AI works. Enemies don't actually "see" you in games, they just attack your avatar or not. If they wanted to, it would be perfectly possible for enemies to continue attacking you while you were intangible, but they don't.

You don't have to read those words, because - I assume - you played A Link to the Past! It's all true. Link can be standing on top of an exploding bomb while being on the end of some big palooka's swinging sword and hitting the guy simultaneously and he will not get hit. Link can't be touched when he's wearing the Magic Cape! That's all there is.

None of this addresses the question of Kratos's strength, either, which is still only answered by the problem of Hope when he's fighting gods or titans. His inconsistencies are canonically consistent, but the fact remains t hat they're still there, and you're not addressing the question, you're just trying to wave it off.

I don't know why you started the discussion if you're not willing to actually have it.

Why would I try and make a conversation exciting with you when you lost a cred a while ago? Lol. I'm not even attempting with you. Youre just wrong plain and simple. You take shitty AI and programming as a rule.Ok I admit... Link wins. Link would win by default since Kratos can't touch any platform other than the allowed ones. Kratos would drop dead because the allowed platform would be a circle. Once Kratos jumps in the air and flys away he dies. Once his toe touches the outter ring he dies. Link wins. (Lol your arguements are ridiculous)

Around the Network
letsdance said:
Why would I try and make a conversation exciting with you when you lost a cred a while ago? Lol. I'm not even attempting with you. Youre just wrong plain and simple. You take shitty AI and programming as a rule.Ok I admit... Link wins. Link would win by default since Kratos can't touch any platform other than the allowed ones. Kratos would drop dead because the allowed platform would be a circle. Once Kratos jumps in the air and flys away he dies. Once his toe touches the outter ring he dies. Link wins. (Lol your arguements are ridiculous)

You can't provide a single argument better than "lol Kratos would tear off the Magic Cape and then rip off Link's arms and pee on his head because Kratos is just that bad-ass and it doesn't matter if Link has one-way intangibility lol" and you respond to me like this?

What's ridiculous about saying "Link would win because he can't be touched but that intangibility only works in one direction"?

Would you prefer it if I said "Link could just use the Bombos Medallion, as an unblockable and undodgeable miniaturized nuclear explosion that freezes time while Link uses it, to blast Kratos to smithereens?"

Would htat be better? Would it be any less true?

If you don't like hearing "Link with Chateau Romani would utterly ruin Kratos's shit" then come up with a scenario where Link doesn't have access to it. It's that easy! All you have to say is "Link without Chateau Romani"!

well Khuutra has won this thread...

these discussions are always flawed because every single detail of a characters power (at least a singular point of reference) equipment etc as well as location of the fight and what level of outside help fore warning preparation time etc isn't set out at the biggining.

Oh well they can still be fun to read and argue well I am off to bed.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:

these discussions are always flawed because every single detail of a characters power (at least a singular point of reference) equipment etc as well as location of the fight and what level of outside help fore warning preparation time etc.

The argument can continue if we discount Chateau Romani, or even just stick to one Link, but letsdance doesn't seem willing to do that.

Khuutra said:
zarx said:

these discussions are always flawed because every single detail of a characters power (at least a singular point of reference) equipment etc as well as location of the fight and what level of outside help fore warning preparation time etc.

The argument can continue if we discount Chateau Romani, or even just stick to one Link, but letsdance doesn't seem willing to do that.

exactly so you win lol

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

LOL Kratos couldn't lose.

He has control of fate, and can't die. If he died he can go back and alter his fate as he sees fit. Even creating an infinitum of duplicates of himself at a specific point in time, if he so wished.