By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without a doubt in my mind Kratos would annihilate Link.

Jaja, best fail thread ever!!! IMO...

Double post sorry...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

kratos kills gods so obviously he wins.

Without a doubt in my mind Kirby would annihilate Kratos...

Kirby can't die in Epic Yarn; Kratos would merely reduce his bead count with every hit.  After being smacked around, run over and blasted with missiles it's doubtful that Kratos' bloody chunks could escape from Hades... 

Just to clarify

Any time someone presents an argument that a character whose one positive is their brawn, could beat a character who is not only capable of fighting, but also has 2 brain cells to rub together, that person is automatically wrong. 

Sure, if you put Kratos and Link in a 5 metre by 5 metre room and told them to start fighting, Link would die. But Link would never allow himself to get into such a stupid situation. The only way you could set that up would involve so drastically changing Link's character as to make him not really Link any more. 

Any hero who simply walks around beating the snot out of people would eventually lose to Link/Samus/whoever, because the later would only attack when they have the advantage.

Khuutra said:
Xero said:

You very much overestimate pretty much every aspect of links strength, and how the only weapon which can even truly harm Kratos. As a god he never truly 'dies' since in order to die in greek mythology your soul is removed from your physical form. 

So unfortunately whilst Kratos' would be constantly transported the the underworld, if he were to lose. Then he would just return. I'm pretty sure this was a fight to the death so you can't say Kratos loses if he has to come back. Or is Zeus still the winner at the end of God of War III?

Also since Kratos is a god, if he were to actually, permanently die. His soul would still exist and he'd be intangible like Athena, and like Link with his cape on... as you know Athena can still, somehow interact with the tangible but not be hurt by the tangible (although she does suggest that she can be hurt by the blade of olympus, this isn't proved). 

Do I? Let's do the math on this.

A conservative estimate on the size of one of the pillars that Link is able ot throw with the Golden Gauntlets is that it has a radius of two meters and a height of ten meters - again, I'm being conservative here, the things are enormous. Let's pretnd they're made out of quartz.

If they're that big, then they have a volume of about 125 cubic meters, ignoring the protrusions on the top and the bottoms - and since granite weighs.... 2691 kilos per cubic meter, that means Link is able to deadlift 336,375 kilos, or 336 metric tons. He's also able to then pick it up and then throw it at least one hundred meters. The amount of force he's capable of exerting are absolutely mind-blowing, and I don't want to do the math on how much force he's actually able to exert.

You said "to the death". If Kratos dies and then comes back, he still lost the fight that's to the death.

Kratos hasn't been a god since the beginning of GoW2. Again: have you played the games?

I know this is a old conversation but i feel compelled to atleast insert my opinion in the matter.

Now this is a very impressive feat by link but Kratos is still stronger. Take Cronos for example he is about 1600ft tall, the average human is about 5'9in tall with a grip strength of 40 psi. If we convert both heights to inches and get the percentage difference and multiply that by a average mans grip strength Kratos in the very leaset had to overcome 12,000psi to get out of his grasp. In order to crush a car you would need about 2,400 psi and the Mariana trench has a presure of about 16,000psi, which isnt very hard to imagine Cronos having because i did a average man and Cronos is no average titan. This is just a mild feat too. Just before taking on Hercules he states he just got done with his 12 labors. 1 of his 12 labors is taking over holding up the earth or heavens (interchangable) for Atlas in exchange for the the Apples of Hesperides. Well the earth weighs 6,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms and if hercules can hold that weight and Kratos is able to overpower him like he did then i think its very safe to assume Kratos could. And this was even a fight Kratos didnt want to take part in.

As far as speed if Kratos can dodge a lightning bolt which travels about 93,000 mph then his reactions and speed itself are insane. Even more so after he gets hermes' boots so he's even faster. So i think the fight would be over before it began. 

I think the blade of olympus (the most powerful weapon ) if it has enough of his godly powers inside it would absoulely kill him, im mean come on it kills gods. I believe a simple magic cape would not be able to stop it. Also couple with the helios head would blind him momentairly he is still has human eyes. The sun shining directly in your eyes is going to cause you not to see. If link was somehow able to drink the milk (kratos wouldnt allow him to in the first place, see speed) he would be able to outrun and dodge him for the 3 days nessisary for it to wear off. I would also like to state as far as bombs goes Kratos has take on a bomb aswell and survived when he killed Aries it caused a explosion much on the level of a nuclear bomb and he survived, nothing changed since then he is still the exact same guy he was in 3 as he was there. Also the Golden Fleece can block energy attacks and even a shot from the blade of olympus whos to say it couldnt block anything link has to offer cape included.

I do have some questions though as i know nothing about link really. What is the worst injuries link has sustained in battle? Can link do as much damage as the bosses in GOW? Isnt Ganon a mortal just infused with the triforce of power?  

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

Around the Network

bump

pacman devours them both

JamaicameCRAZY said:
Khuutra said:
Xero said:

You very much overestimate pretty much every aspect of links strength, and how the only weapon which can even truly harm Kratos. As a god he never truly 'dies' since in order to die in greek mythology your soul is removed from your physical form. 

So unfortunately whilst Kratos' would be constantly transported the the underworld, if he were to lose. Then he would just return. I'm pretty sure this was a fight to the death so you can't say Kratos loses if he has to come back. Or is Zeus still the winner at the end of God of War III?

Also since Kratos is a god, if he were to actually, permanently die. His soul would still exist and he'd be intangible like Athena, and like Link with his cape on... as you know Athena can still, somehow interact with the tangible but not be hurt by the tangible (although she does suggest that she can be hurt by the blade of olympus, this isn't proved). 

Do I? Let's do the math on this.

A conservative estimate on the size of one of the pillars that Link is able ot throw with the Golden Gauntlets is that it has a radius of two meters and a height of ten meters - again, I'm being conservative here, the things are enormous. Let's pretnd they're made out of quartz.

If they're that big, then they have a volume of about 125 cubic meters, ignoring the protrusions on the top and the bottoms - and since granite weighs.... 2691 kilos per cubic meter, that means Link is able to deadlift 336,375 kilos, or 336 metric tons. He's also able to then pick it up and then throw it at least one hundred meters. The amount of force he's capable of exerting are absolutely mind-blowing, and I don't want to do the math on how much force he's actually able to exert.

You said "to the death". If Kratos dies and then comes back, he still lost the fight that's to the death.

Kratos hasn't been a god since the beginning of GoW2. Again: have you played the games?

I know this is a old conversation but i feel compelled to atleast insert my opinion in the matter.

Now this is a very impressive feat by link but Kratos is still stronger. Take Cronos for example he is about 1600ft tall, the average human is about 5'9in tall with a grip strength of 40 psi. If we convert both heights to inches and get the percentage difference and multiply that by a average mans grip strength Kratos in the very leaset had to overcome 12,000psi to get out of his grasp. In order to crush a car you would need about 2,400 psi and the Mariana trench has a presure of about 16,000psi, which isnt very hard to imagine Cronos having because i did a average man and Cronos is no average titan. This is just a mild feat too. Just before taking on Hercules he states he just got done with his 12 labors. 1 of his 12 labors is taking over holding up the earth or heavens (interchangable) for Atlas in exchange for the the Apples of Hesperides. Well the earth weighs 6,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms and if hercules can hold that weight and Kratos is able to overpower him like he did then i think its very safe to assume Kratos could. And this was even a fight Kratos didnt want to take part in.

As far as speed if Kratos can dodge a lightning bolt which travels about 93,000 mph then his reactions and speed itself are insane. Even more so after he gets hermes' boots so he's even faster. So i think the fight would be over before it began. 

I think the blade of olympus (the most powerful weapon ) if it has enough of his godly powers inside it would absoulely kill him, im mean come on it kills gods. I believe a simple magic cape would not be able to stop it. Also couple with the helios head would blind him momentairly he is still has human eyes. The sun shining directly in your eyes is going to cause you not to see. If link was somehow able to drink the milk (kratos wouldnt allow him to in the first place, see speed) he would be able to outrun and dodge him for the 3 days nessisary for it to wear off. I would also like to state as far as bombs goes Kratos has take on a bomb aswell and survived when he killed Aries it caused a explosion much on the level of a nuclear bomb and he survived, nothing changed since then he is still the exact same guy he was in 3 as he was there. Also the Golden Fleece can block energy attacks and even a shot from the blade of olympus whos to say it couldnt block anything link has to offer cape included.

I do have some questions though as i know nothing about link really. What is the worst injuries link has sustained in battle? Can link do as much damage as the bosses in GOW? Isnt Ganon a mortal just infused with the triforce of power?  

And its on again. 

Its pretty clear that Kratos would win, and people who say differently are people who haven't played both games

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

scottie said:

Just to clarify

Any time someone presents an argument that a character whose one positive is their brawn, could beat a character who is not only capable of fighting, but also has 2 brain cells to rub together, that person is automatically wrong. 

Sure, if you put Kratos and Link in a 5 metre by 5 metre room and told them to start fighting, Link would die. But Link would never allow himself to get into such a stupid situation. The only way you could set that up would involve so drastically changing Link's character as to make him not really Link any more. 

Any hero who simply walks around beating the snot out of people would eventually lose to Link/Samus/whoever, because the later would only attack when they have the advantage.

Oh he wouldn't huh?

As my counter argument, I cite EVERY DAMN BOSS he has ever faced.  He walks in and the door closes,  you think he wouldn't be surprised after the 400th time! 

The very definition of necrobump...locked