By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without a doubt in my mind Kratos would annihilate Link.

Sri Lumpa said:

this is where i got pissed off at you. ''In order to make it fair, you can ONLY use items that you earned during actuall gameplay'' <<<< YOUR OWN WORDSGodly possesions can be earned during the actual gameplay as well as Urns of Power. Costumes on the other hand, cant

The idea is that it isn't fair to Kratos to include items not used in new game (as opposed to new game plus or items used in cutscene but not in gameplay) as it gives Link access to the whole Triforce which spells game over for Kratos.

No, Kratos kills most of his enemies with weapons only. lots of GOW players (seeing from gameplay videos) use weapons most of the time. So can we agree that Kratos relays on his strenght and Link does on his magic items which makes Kratos stronger but doesnt mean he can esly win against Link?

How is that different from Link? Link uses magic items and Kratos... uses magic items; or did you believe that his weapons were made of plain old steel?

If you want to say Kratos is stronger then you would have to use plain old non-magical weapons to kill most of your foes, which I believe you cannot do on GOW whereas along with your magic items and magic weapons in Zelda you also have access to plenty of non-magical weapons and Links kills plenty of monsters with them.

Why dont you give up, eh? Im not trying to chane yours or other peoples opinnion, im just saying Kratos can counter everything LInk has

So how would Kratos counter the Triforce? Its only counter is the Master Sword, which Link also has and which Kratos couldn't use as he has too much evil in his heart (the Master Sword is called the blade of Evil's Bane for a reason).

(1) He siad you can use the items earned dueing the actual gameplay. and godly possesions CAN be erned during the actuall gameplay. you can keep spinning it how ever you want, im donne with this arguemnt. Kratos can be invinicble and have infinitive magic. THE END!!!

(2) Kratos kills most of his enemies (80%) with weapons and his skill, weapons are not magical items. Blades of chaos, athena and exile have no magic whatsoever. they are 2 swords on chains

(3) Power of Fates.

Around the Network

You're arguing a matter of semantics, a loophole based on a particular wording.

SW-5120-1900-6153

pizzahut451 said:

(1) He siad you can use the items earned dueing the actual gameplay. and godly possesions CAN be erned during the actuall gameplay. you can keep spinning it how ever you want, im donne with this arguemnt. Kratos can be invinicble and have infinitive magic. THE END!!!

(2) Kratos kills most of his enemies (80%) with weapons and his skill, weapons are not magical items. Blades of chaos, athena and exile have no magic whatsoever. they are 2 swords on chains

(3) Power of Fates.

I know I said I wouldn't come back here but you have said this so many times it's going to end up giving me an aenurysm.

Listen.

1. You can get the Godly Possessions, yeah. Tha's never been contested. But canonically Kratos cannot use them, otherwise it woudl have made the story work very, very, very differently.

RAGE OF THE SPARTANS WITH THE SHOULDER GUARD OF HERCULES DOES NOT MAKE YOU INVINCIBLE. Rage of Sparta reduces damage taken down to 25%, and the Shoulder Guard would knock another third off of that - if Kratos had infinite Rage of Sparta (he doesn't) then he would be taking about 17-18% damage. He's not invincible, and trying to pretend otherwise just shows you haven' beaten the damn game! Why do you even come in here if you know so little about how God of War 3 works?

2. All of Kratos's weapons are insanely magical. They are engulfed in magical fire. They glow. They heat up when inserted in flesh. ATHENA CALLS THEM MAGICAL. Thi isn't up for debate, your'e either just so wron it's embarrassing or you're lying on purpose.

3. Kratos doesn't have the Power of the Fates in this conversation, and that wouldn't work on Link anyway because he hasn't got a thread in the Loom and kratos doesn't have the power to add more threads!

aaaaaaaaagh

pizzahut451 said:

(3) Power of Fates.

1) So can Link in the scenario outlined by the OP. I suppose you didn't read the first few pages which I must say I don't blame you.

So we have Kratos with invicibility and infinite magic versus Link with invicibility, intangibility, invisibility, infinite magic AND omnipotence (think of the power of the judeo-christian god in contrast to the power of the olympian gods; who do you think would win Yahwe or all Greek gods combined?).

2) LOL. Not only are the blades of Chaos are engulfed in FLAMES when used but they immediately cool when not in use. Can you point me to any real life sword that does that as real life swords do not rely on magic if the blades of Chaos don't for that effect then we should be able to manufacture some. The way they handle also defies all natural laws. Go put a couple of long knives, let alone swords, on a pair of chains and ducttape them to your arms and seee how they handle without magic.

3) Kratos can't as Clotho never threaded Link's life in the loom when he was born due to him being born in another universe. Kratos on the other end WAS threaded into the loom so if Kratos tried to whip it out Link could snip Kratos' thread.

It is obvious that you don't know much about the Zelda series and are thus deceived by Link's meek appearance (he's just a boy... yeah, right) which is another point in Link's favor as nobody who meets him for the first time would take him seriously and be on their guard whereas Kratos looks every bit like the evil SOB he is.

As you don't seem to either have played Zelda games much or read much of the thread (which would have answered all of your questions) which is quite strange as you took part in it earlier then I find it rather pointless to continue this.

Have a nice day.

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

Khuutra said:
pizzahut451 said:

(3) Power of Fates.

I know I said I wouldn't come back here but you have said this so many times it's going to end up giving me an aenurysm.

Listen.

1. You can get the Godly Possessions, yeah. Tha's never been contested. But canonically Kratos cannot use them, otherwise it woudl have made the story work very, very, very differently.

RAGE OF THE SPARTANS WITH THE SHOULDER GUARD OF HERCULES DOES NOT MAKE YOU INVINCIBLE. Rage of Sparta reduces damage taken down to 25%, and the Shoulder Guard would knock another third off of that - if Kratos had infinite Rage of Sparta (he doesn't) then he would be taking about 17-18% damage. He's not invincible, and trying to pretend otherwise just shows you haven' beaten the damn game! Why do you even come in here if you know so little about how God of War 3 works?

2. All of Kratos's weapons are insanely magical. They are engulfed in magical fire. They glow. They heat up when inserted in flesh. ATHENA CALLS THEM MAGICAL. Thi isn't up for debate, your'e either just so wron it's embarrassing or you're lying on purpose.

3. Kratos doesn't have the Power of the Fates in this conversation, and that wouldn't work on Link anyway because he hasn't got a thread in the Loom and kratos doesn't have the power to add more threads!

aaaaaaaaagh

i knew you were gonna come back. my posts are too powerfull for your simple mind to handle and not to quote. and you got angry too.

1. Actually i completed the game and rage of gods,titans and sparta reduces the damage to not less than 10-15%. Maybe its diffrenet on hard or on chaos difficulty, i played on normal. But lets say it reduces to damage to 25%, Hercules shoulder guard reduces the damage for 1/3 and thats 33%. 25%-33%=Kratos is invincible.

He said the stuff earned from gameplay and godly possesions can be earned during gameplay. I dont like when people use cherrypicking.

2.Ok what kind of magic does blades of chaos, athena and exile have? Except that they are on fire sometimes but that is barely a magic and they would be just as deadly without the fire, becaue when they stab you, you die.

3.Ok, than Link doesnt have Power of Triforce in this conversation

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:

i knew you were gonna come back. my posts are too powerfull for your simple mind to handle and not to quote. and you got angry too.

1. Actually i completed the game and rage of gods,titans and sparta reduces the damage to not less than 10-15%. Maybe its diffrenet on hard or on chaos difficulty, i played on normal. But lets say it reduces to damage to 25%, Hercules shoulder guard reduces the damage for 1/3 and thats 33%. 25%-33%=Kratos is invincible.

He said the stuff earned from gameplay and godly possesions can be earned during gameplay. I dont like when people use cherrypicking.

2.Ok what kind of magic does blades of chaos, athena and exile have? Except that they are on fire sometimes but that is barely a magic and they would be just as deadly without the fire, becaue when they stab you, you die.

3.Ok, than Link doesnt have Power of Triforce in this conversation

1. Go use Rage of Sparta and Hercules's Shoulder Guard. It doesn't subtract 33% from the total, it subtracts 33% from the actual damage you take. Go play the game.

This isn't cherrypicking! I set up that qualification because we're arguing according to canon. Canonically Kratos can't use the Godly Possessions.

2. I'm sorry, what? Well firslty they seem to grant Kratos enormous strength, but that's just for starters. They're also capable of hurting creatures against which terrestrial steel would avail no one?

3. Want to speak canonically? Yes he does. I left it out, but working according to canon, the Threads of Fate don't work, while the Triforce does. Unfair? Sure. But that's how the canon works, and you don't get to dismiss it just because you don't like it.

Actually you never responded to my last big-ass post

Go respond to that. Ii'm done again!

ITT: A plethora of people pay attention to detail and argue logically, while Pizzahut's argument lives up to the quality of his namesake.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Sri Lumpa said:
pizzahut451 said:

(3) Power of Fates.

1) So can Link in the scenario outlined by the OP. I suppose you didn't read the first few pages which I must say I don't blame you.

So we have Kratos with invicibility and infinite magic versus Link with invicibility, intangibility, invisibility, infinite magic AND omnipotence (think of the power of the judeo-christian god in contrast to the power of the olympian gods; who do you think would win Yahwe or all Greek gods combined?).oh so we can use power from th gods? Christian god is a s powerfull as all olymian gods combined since christian god is God Of Everything and olympus has 1 god for everything humans dont controll on earth. But Kratos kills all olympian gods and takes their powers so they would be equal.

2) LOL. Not only are the blades of Chaos are engulfed in FLAMES when used but they immediately cool when not in use. Can you point me to any real life sword that does that as real life swords do not rely on magic if the blades of Chaos don't for that effect then we should be able to manufacture some. The way they handle also defies all natural laws. Go put a couple of long knives, let alone swords, on a pair of chains and ducttape them to your arms and seee how they handle without magic.Flame on the blades doesnt make much of a diffrence, you still die if you get stabbed or get cut of to pieces.

3) Kratos can't as Clotho never threaded Link's life in the loom when he was born due to him being born in another universe. Kratos on the other end WAS threaded into the loom so if Kratos tried to whip it out Link could snip Kratos' thread.Kratos is also born in another universe so triforce cant have an effeect on something thats not in its universe

It is obvious that you don't know much about the Zelda series and are thus deceived by Link's meek appearance (he's just a boy... yeah, right) which is another point in Link's favor as nobody who meets him for the first time would take him seriously and be on their guard whereas Kratos looks every bit like the evil SOB he is.

As you don't seem to either have played Zelda games much or read much of the thread (which would have answered all of your questions) which is quite strange as you took part in it earlier then I find it rather pointless to continue this.

Have a nice day.you too

I am so confused ... Does Kratos rip Link to bits or does Link ... poke his sword into Kratos.

WIzarDE said:
I am so confused ... Does Kratos rip Link to bits or does Link ... poke his sword into Kratos.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3344584&page=9&postnum=87