By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without a doubt in my mind Kratos would annihilate Link.

The Minish Cap Link would surely beat Kratos. Link would just use it, enter Kratos body and tear him up from the inside.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Xero said:
LOL Kratos couldn't lose.

He has control of fate, and can't die. If he died he can go back and alter his fate as he sees fit. Even creating an infinitum of duplicates of himself at a specific point in time, if he so wished.

Kratos abandons control of fate in the end of GoW2 in pursuit of his vengeance - he'd have ot travel back to the loom again. And he's plenty capable of dying.

He can die, but the underworld can't hold him. And I don't think traveling back to the loom again would be a problem. 

Plus,  Kratos has the wings of icarus and boots of speed. Whilst for the sake of balancing issues in-game these can't be used to fly or run quickly for any sustained period. Kratos would be able to use these to there full effects, as in he'd be lightening fast and able to fly. 

Khuutra said:
zarx said:
letsdance I would use this argument. use the 200ft tall God of War Kratos+ Hades weapons that can attack the soul. this means that even tho Link can hit kratos he is to small to do any damage to the giant immortal (can't die from old age) and near invincible (in the lore only gods and powerful magic weapons can kill gods and the master sword should be able to affect Kratos) Kratos then uses Hades weapons to rip out Links Soul (just because his body is intangable doesn't mean his soul can't be ripprd out) there Kratos wins until proven otherwise.

It needs to be noted here that those hooks don't work on Sirens when they're intangible, so that doesn't work either.

@Carl:

See this post

True, but doesn't Helios' Head make them un-intangible?

If the universes were crossed over... Wouldn't it also make Link un-intangible? Is un-intengible even a word?

forest-spirit said:
The Minish Cap Link would surely beat Kratos. Link would just use it, enter Kratos body and tear him up from the inside.

Kratos could killhimself, enter the underworld. Where link would be killed in the river Styx. 

Xero said:
Khuutra said:
Xero said:
LOL Kratos couldn't lose.

He has control of fate, and can't die. If he died he can go back and alter his fate as he sees fit. Even creating an infinitum of duplicates of himself at a specific point in time, if he so wished.

Kratos abandons control of fate in the end of GoW2 in pursuit of his vengeance - he'd have ot travel back to the loom again. And he's plenty capable of dying.

He can die, but the underworld can't hold him. And I don't think traveling back to the loom again would be a problem. 

Plus,  Kratos has the wings of icarus and boots of speed. Whilst for the sake of balancing issues in-game these can't be used to fly or run quickly for any sustained period. Kratos would be able to use these to there full effects, as in he'd be lightening fast and able to fly. 

Exactly, link would never land a hit. And at the same time the reason Link cant be hit when using the cape is again balance issues. Instead of doing what was realistic and would actually happen they chose the fun factor. What devs are suppose to do.  And I also believe if they tried doing that there would be tons of glitches. Another balance issue is not using the items Kratos finds. The devs are suppose to dictate the flow, pace, and direction of the game. Some that Khuutra isn't willing to get through his head.

Around the Network
Xero said:
forest-spirit said:

Kratos could killhimself, enter the underworld. Where link would be killed in the river Styx. 

Don't you just mean jump from the heavens to the river styx that way Kratos doesn't die and link would have a warm welcoming party when he tries to exit the body. 

Carl2291 said:
Khuutra said:
zarx said:
letsdance I would use this argument. use the 200ft tall God of War Kratos+ Hades weapons that can attack the soul. this means that even tho Link can hit kratos he is to small to do any damage to the giant immortal (can't die from old age) and near invincible (in the lore only gods and powerful magic weapons can kill gods and the master sword should be able to affect Kratos) Kratos then uses Hades weapons to rip out Links Soul (just because his body is intangable doesn't mean his soul can't be ripprd out) there Kratos wins until proven otherwise.

It needs to be noted here that those hooks don't work on Sirens when they're intangible, so that doesn't work either.

@Carl:

See this post

If the universes were crossed over... Wouldn't it also make Link un-intangible? Is un-intengible even a word?

...?

Any answers?

letsdance said:
Khuutra said:

Not at all - I'm simply adhering to the canon of the games. Canonically, Kratos never had infinite magic or infinite Rage of Sparta or anything like that. Any time he was able to use those - just like any time he ran around dressed up as a cow, or being Heracles - it was outside of canon.

Canonically, the Magic Cape does exactly what I've described it to do. Attributing any more aspects to it is operating outside of canon.

Yes, but thats the Devs job pacing and formulating the game. Just as link cant be hit. This both defy's logic but you are using one in your favor than the other showing your bias. And BTW - Link never finds the Magic Cape your agument is over. Link never uses it. I win.

No, I am holding to canon. There's a difference. Canonically Link has access to the Magic Cape, even though it's not necessary for beating the game.

I think that, when the other person declares victory, they have admitted that they don't really have an argument to make.

Carl2291 said:
Khuutra said:

@Carl:

See this post

There's no reason to think so, since bursts of light don't make Link tangible.

Well, I clearly don't know enough about these two to jump into the debate, but I will say in the letsdance khuutra debate khuutra clearly wins, because letsdance stopped debating and went straight to name calling and scoffing a long time ago.