By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without a doubt in my mind Kratos would annihilate Link.

letsdance said:
Xero said:
forest-spirit said:
The Minish Cap Link would surely beat Kratos. Link would just use it, enter Kratos body and tear him up from the inside.

Kratos could killhimself, enter the underworld. Where link would be killed in the river Styx. 

Don't you just mean jump from the heavens to the river styx that way Kratos doesn't die and link would have a warm welcoming party when he tries to exit the body. 

I thought the only way down was along the chain. Every other time Kratos got there he died, didn't he? Maybe I forgot. Either way link would die and Kratos can swim just fine the the river because he has Hades soul. :)

Kratos shoulda tried collecting the souls of all of the gods, they would have probably gave him more abilities/strength. 

Around the Network
Xero said:
Khuutra said:

Kratos abandons control of fate in the end of GoW2 in pursuit of his vengeance - he'd have ot travel back to the loom again. And he's plenty capable of dying.

He can die, but the underworld can't hold him. And I don't think traveling back to the loom again would be a problem. 

Plus,  Kratos has the wings of icarus and boots of speed. Whilst for the sake of balancing issues in-game these can't be used to fly or run quickly for any sustained period. Kratos would be able to use these to there full effects, as in he'd be lightening fast and able to fly. 

Solid argument, but it requires Kratos to abandon the fight to pursue other goals, which defeats the entire question of Who Would Beat Up Who (TM). In this context, Link beats up Kratos, which is all that I'm talking about.

The Wings of Icarus don't allow him to fly unless there's an updraft, and this is true even in cutscenes, and canonically Kratos can only use Hermes's boosts for bursts of speedo ver short distances, because he can't control them very well. There's o instance, cutscene or otherwise, where he uses them in other ways.

Xero said:
forest-spirit said:
The Minish Cap Link would surely beat Kratos. Link would just use it, enter Kratos body and tear him up from the inside.

Kratos could killhimself, enter the underworld. Where link would be killed in the river Styx. 

Link would be inside Kratos's corpse, not his soul - Kratos is only dragged physically down into the Underworld when he's a god. Otherwise he just wakes up there.

Xero said:
letsdance said:
Xero said:
forest-spirit said:

Don't you just mean jump from the heavens to the river styx that way Kratos doesn't die and link would have a warm welcoming party when he tries to exit the body. 

I thought the only way down was along the chain. Every other time Kratos got there he died, didn't he? Maybe I forgot. Either way link would die and Kratos can swim just fine the the river because he has Hades soul. :)

Kratos shoulda tried collecting the souls of all of the gods, they would have probably gave him more abilities/strength. 

Didn't he fall from Gaia to the underworld?

Commonman - thats cause khuutra decided to pull the double standard card a long time ago. He is trying to argue balance and pace of the game ditacted by the developers. This argument is useless and baseless... Khuutra really has no argument here.

Khuutra said:
Carl2291 said:
Khuutra said:

It needs to be noted here that those hooks don't work on Sirens when they're intangible, so that doesn't work either.

@Carl:

See this post

True, but doesn't Helios' Head make them un-intangible?

If the universes were crossed over... Wouldn't it also make Link un-intangible? Is un-intengible even a word?

There's no reason to think so, since bursts of light don't make Link tangible.

Has that been proven?

Around the Network
letsdance said:
Xero said:
letsdance said:
Xero said:
forest-spirit said:

Commonman - thats cause khuutra decided to pull the double standard card a long time ago. He is trying to argue balance and pace of the game ditacted by the developers. This argument is useless and baseless... Khuutra really has no argument here.

Which may be true, but your tone and the dismissive nature of your posts make your arguments seem like simple attacks. If you are going to continue to argue, it would be a better "victory" if you accepted the rules he's put in place and stated several times and beat him that way.

CommonMan said:
letsdance said:
Xero said:
letsdance said:
Xero said:
forest-spirit said:

Which may be true, but your tone and the dismissive nature of your posts make your arguments seem like simple attacks. If you are going to continue to argue, it would be a better "victory" if you accepted the rules he's put in place and stated several times and beat him that way.

The rules are contradictory and biased in favor of link. There is no use in arguing with him. I mean... unless we all believe that kratos drops dead the second he steps in to a restricted zone..

Carl2291 said:
Khuutra said:

There's no reason to think so, since bursts of light don't make Link tangible.

Has that been proven?

That bright light doesn't do to Link what it does to Sirens? Yeah.

You take away Ganon's invisibility by lighting a bunch of torches and flooding the place with bright light. This doesn't affect the Magic Cape.

As always, Khuutra, your debating skills are top notch.

This reminds me of the great debate of the Marvel Universe vs the DC Comics Universe.
Mythos from the real world... changed and adapted for mythos in the video game world...

I myself would have to go with which world the fight would take place.

If it was in the God of War Universe with the laws of physics and magic from that world, then Kratos would win.

If fought in Hyrule, Kratos doesn't stand a chance.

However, if on a neutral world, we need goalposts and the new laws of physics and magic to have a nice solid debate.

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.

letsdance said:
CommonMan said:

The rules are contradictory and biased in favor of link. There is no use in arguing with him. I mean... unless we all believe that kratos drops dead the second he steps in to a restricted zone..

Let me get this straight.

You're saying that taking things as being canon, i.e. only operating within what exists within the narrative of the games, makes this match biased in favor of Link?