By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mass Effect 2 has "Sold" 6.6 MILLION (Probably means shipped) -- Fantastic!

I bought my copy (of ME 1/2 hell of all PC games I have bought over the last year or more) as
DD.

Doubt it is shipped, since you cant count DD as shipped. Probably just adding up both titles on both platforms (shipped + DD sales)

Around the Network

I've seen a lot of Mass Effect 2 and Assassin's Creed II copies in stores. AC2 is usually on sale half price cause there are so many of them. ME2 will likely see the same fate. It's too early for them to do a call back. They'll try and sell them off for cheaper and after awhile when that shelf space is needed for new games, they'll be sold back... and made into concrete filler for roads in China (do that for CD's that don't sell well haha)

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Well, I knew that many people claimed the PC version didn't sell many copies at all. I guess they were wrong, wrong, wrong.

It's good to know that my rational deductions are still often more accurate than completely biased ones. The games sales were split between PC and 360 at launch, ME1's were, and this game sold very well on PC, I have no doubt. These numbers obviously aren't right, but ME2 sold very well, and it's about time some people around here acknowledged that. When PS3 exclusives sell half as well as ME2 on Xbox 360, and people call their sales poor, they get flamed to hell for being ignorant. However, when Mass Effect 2, a game that probably sold just as many or more copies on PC as it did on 360, only sells 2 million copies on a single platform(it's multiplatform, in case I forgot to mention) it has poor sales?

Bullshit.

I got the game for PC.... WITH A DISC, no DD for me... why doesn't my copy show up here like ME2 sole 000,001 copy :)

See, mass effects numbers... are good... And I'm glad I want a ME3,

but I also, am greedy and want the numbers to make sense... or I don't really care I'll go do homework :P

CONGRATS on becoming the most over shipped game who deserves the huge sales your lying about.

Gonna call bullshit on these numbers. On a completely anecdotal note, the shelves are packed with copies of ME2 at the local Best Buy and Gamestop here.

Around the Network

ME1 + ME 2 on 360 = 3.85 million (VGC).

ME1 + ME2 on PC = ???

Added together and you could well come up to 6.6 million (360 versions on shop shelves + PC version shipped only needs to be 2.75 million, which is pretty reasonable I think)

Reads like a mis-quote to me.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

jeez kids... be nice

I hope they show pc sales,

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

6.6 million sales of Mass Effect 2 is not possible.
Must be the whole series.

There are a few copies at various stores around here, but there are many games that have more copies on the shelf than ME2. Great game, it deserves great sales numbers. Can't wait for three. Maybe some clarification will be given on the numbers.