By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mass Effect 2 has "Sold" 6.6 MILLION (Probably means shipped) -- Fantastic!

@prodigybam

yeah several other sources indicate legs are low.

so either the PC version had monster sales, or its ME1 + ME2

or a simple type

maybe they pressed 6 instead of 3 or 2

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@prodigybam

yeah several other sources indicate legs are low.

so either the PC version had monster sales, or its ME1 + ME2

or a simple type

maybe they pressed 6 instead of 3 or 2

or they are counting SHIPPED numbers of ME1 (360 and PC) + ME2 (360 and PC)

I mean they probably shipped 4,5 million copies of ME1+2 (for 360)

and over 2 million for PC (both)

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

Dammit Darth you beat me to it!

Anyway, it does seem likely it's both ME 1 & 2. I don't doubt that PC sales boost the total up significantly, especially with digital downloads and the wholse Cerberus network thing they've got going.

PC didn't sell anything near the X360 sales of this game. Every week ME2PC isn't even on UK chart (chart track).

Retailers just bought too much.

As I said in the other thread, UK isn't worldwide and when released the split, whilst in favour of 360 was actually only about 60:40. Also Bioware has a large PC fanbase, ever since the release of Baldurs Gate all those years ago.

Then theres the fact that they don't track digital downloads where the majority of PC sales come from.

Around the Network

5 million Mass Effect 2 copies are laying in landfills now.
not another case of E.T....

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

they count pirated copies of the game too.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

It's probably Mass Effect 1 and 2 combined. VG has the two on 360 alone at 3.85. Add in PC, and XBL downloads and it could come close to 5, and add on the stuff in retailers.

binary solo said:
ME1 + ME 2 on 360 = 3.85 million (VGC).

ME1 + ME2 on PC = ???

Added together and you could well come up to 6.6 million (360 versions on shop shelves + PC version shipped only needs to be 2.75 million, which is pretty reasonable I think)

Reads like a mis-quote to me.

That sounds pretty resonable to me.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

darthdevidem01 said:
psrock said:
undertracked where Darth?

I thought here, but apparently our Data & NPd data line up quite well.

But I can't help but be suspicious about the bad legs considering the game has the best word of mouth for  a game this gen behind Uncharted 2.

Call of Duty 4 had incredible word of mouth. Uncharted had decent word of mouth as well. But who exactly is talking about Mass Effect on the street corner? I can't see it in the slightest.