By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mass Effect 2 has "Sold" 6.6 MILLION (Probably means shipped) -- Fantastic!

DirtyP2002 said:

can't be right. 1 million on 360 in US (NPD) and not much more on PC, because PC is much smaller than consoles in NA.

in UK ME2 (PC) was in the top40 for 3 weeks...

It doesn't sell in Japan anyway.

So where should the sales come from? I know shio will mention continental Europe, but piracy is huge on PC here.

ME2 doesn't sell in Japan, because it hasn't been released here in Japan! I imported my copy of ME2 on the 360. I speak English so it's no problem for me, but if a Japanese only gamer wanted to play it they would have to wait for a translated version.

Anyway, 6.6 million! Best selling RPG this gen confirmed!

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
smbu2000 said:

Anyway, 6.6 million! Best selling RPG this gen confirmed!

LOL

maybe its 6.6 millions in revenue?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

donsterydo2 said:
PC didn't sell anything near the X360 sales of this game. Every week ME2PC isn't even on UK chart (chart track).

Retailers just bought too much.

Shut up, there are more PC games bought on DD than on retailers. You can damn well expect the PC version of ME2 to outsell the Xbox 360 version.

By the way everyone, Mass Effect 1 is only $10 on Impulse. get it while you can: http://impulsedriven.com/masseffect

Its either a type or he means they've shipped that many in total for both ME and ME2 on 360/PC. I just don't believe there is any evidence ME2 itself has sold 6.6 Million.

Assuming it's total shipped for the series clearly PC sales are more significant than I thought for the franchise.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Looks like a simple typo to me. If he meant 1.6 then that's right in line with the only numbers anyone has. VGChartz nos. No way even the series has sold 6.6 and no way pc out-sold the 360. You think so? Prove it. There are no such nos released for Steam or other Dig. DL services. I have seen exorbitant claims by pc fans asking me to accept the 'fact' that from 9 to 30 times as many pc gamers buy a game as are recorded as using it at peak. Sorry, no sale. Too bad there is no better way to estimate as even that would be interesting.

Neither do I accept as 'truth' the projections that console retail sales have reached a ratio of 10-1 over pc. Denied a reliable source I choose to believe pc sales incl. dd would be at best 60 or 70 percent of consoles. You are entitled to your guesstimates as well.

VGC includes Canada at roughly 1/9 population of the US and only slightly less average buying power and with very similar patterns. That is why NPD is always less than the Am. VGC nos. No mystery there. A huge typographical error by the site not by Drs. Greg or Ray. The article quoted by the OP said 'the sequel' so I won't bother trying to get the series nos., plus pc, plus the shelves to add up to 6.6m.  We had some fun though.

darthdevidem01 said:
@garnett

many people are speculating its ME1 + ME2 sales

that would make much more sense.

BUT Then again Namco bandai shipped ,like 2 MILLION Tekken 6 copies in the PAL regions, and it isn't getting anywhere near that figure ever. So overshipping isn't that uncommon.

But Bioware is sensible, Namco bandai is known for not being able to predict sales properly.

/Thread

Reasonable said:
Its either a type or he means they've shipped that many in total for both ME and ME2 on 360/PC. I just don't believe there is any evidence ME2 itself has sold 6.6 Million.

Assuming it's total shipped for the series clearly PC sales are more significant than I thought for the franchise.

I am betting on the total being for the Mass effect series as well. Still, this does show how strong Bioware games do on the PC.

Recon1O1 said:

Looks like a simple typo to me. If he meant 1.6 then that's right in line with the only numbers anyone has. VGChartz nos. No way even the series has sold 6.6 and no way pc out-sold the 360. You think so? Prove it. There are no such nos released for Steam or other Dig. DL services. I have seen exorbitant claims by pc fans asking me to accept the 'fact' that from 9 to 30 times as many pc gamers buy a game as are recorded as using it at peak. Sorry, no sale. Too bad there is no better way to estimate as even that would be interesting.

The same thing can be said otherwise: If you say the 360 outsold the pc version, prove it. This is Bioware we are talking about, and Bioware games sell far better on PC than any other platform. And the best part is, that the sales of the PC version probably aren't even half-way because it will sell for ages, and long after the Xbox360 is dead and buried.

@shio

I was waiting for you

How much do you think ME1 & ME2 sold on the PC?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey