By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mass Effect 2 has "Sold" 6.6 MILLION (Probably means shipped) -- Fantastic!

Yeah pretty much.

I think its a typo. I can see a million sitting on shelves and/or in the wherehouse.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

ME2 on the PC is a beast so it probably did sell well.

Uh.

Maybe DD sales of the game were just THAT fantastic.

Maybe PC gamers have just moved to DD in large part? I know I have...

Did they mean between the two games it has sold 6.6M?

Around the Network
psrock said:
undertracked where Darth?

I thought here, but apparently our Data & NPd data line up quite well.

But I can't help but be suspicious about the bad legs considering the game has the best word of mouth for  a game this gen behind Uncharted 2.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
psrock said:
undertracked where Darth?

I thought here, but apparently our Data & NPd data line up quite well.

But I can't help but be suspicious about the bad legs considering the game has the best word of mouth for  a game this gen behind Uncharted 2.

We had actually overtracked its NA numbers accoring to NPD, so that can't be a NA issue. We get PAL numbers everyweek and the game did not stay long there. So, I do believe it was a typo or adding both version together.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I'd say that the person writing that article mixed it up, and it's actually the Mass Effect series as a whole that's sold that much so far. Sounds far more likely.

This is invisible text!

It could be Mass Effect 1 + 2 PC/360 sales and that kind of does track in line with expectations now that I consider it.

Tease.

Well, I knew that many people claimed the PC version didn't sell many copies at all. I guess they were wrong, wrong, wrong.

It's good to know that my rational deductions are still often more accurate than completely biased ones. The games sales were split between PC and 360 at launch, ME1's were, and this game sold very well on PC, I have no doubt. These numbers obviously aren't right, but ME2 sold very well, and it's about time some people around here acknowledged that. When PS3 exclusives sell half as well as ME2 on Xbox 360, and people call their sales poor, they get flamed to hell for being ignorant. However, when Mass Effect 2, a game that probably sold just as many or more copies on PC as it did on 360, only sells 2 million copies on a single platform(it's multiplatform, in case I forgot to mention) it has poor sales?

Bullshit.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.