By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 5 Reasons why this generation Blows! Agree or disagree?

5 Reasons why this generation Blows! Agree or disagree?

Yep, it blows! Wii + HD = Wack! 33 9.17%

Errr.....no. It's my fave! 137 38.06%

16-Bit Era all the way! 74 20.56%

32-Bit Era all the way! 66 18.33%

8-Bit Era all the way! 12 3.33%

PC Gamers Unite! 37 10.28%

Total:359
CGI-Quality said:
Garnett said:
CGI-Quality said:
I knew this article would spark loads of interesting discussions.

@ Montana: For the most part, I'm with you. But right now, the gen does feel a little over-saturated with redundant FPS games. Not a complaint on my part, more of an observation. If each FPS is different enough in a way, it isn't as big a deal. MAG, Killzone 2, Call of Duty, & Halo are all different types of FPS titles. It's the ones that try to copy and offer nothing original that get old.

How is KZ2 different? 

Its just Sci fi CoD but moving like a tank and weird controls.

(No offense to any KZ2 fans if you like the game thats fine)

While others have done new things

MAG-First console game with 256 players

CoD-  Was the first FPS to introduce a RPG like element  into shooting games, as well as people die in a few shots.

Halo- Not really anything new besides the map editor. 

Killzone 2 is nothing like Call of Duty. The controls, the atmosphere, the characters, the online......nothing alike.

And in that context, it works, Killzone is nothing like Call of Duty, Halo, or MAG.

Your right actually lol

Thats like saying Bad Company 2 and CoD are the same game, completely different games and everything. 

Around the Network

every gen has its own defining moment.... i haven't see that moment this gen yet.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Actually I am very happy with what is available on PS3, lots of variety and not too many FPS, now all we need is more RPG's, but still nothing rocks like PS1 days lol

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Why must people place flamebait threads that always talk about how much they hate the FPs when platformers are also being oversaturated, and microsoft isn't the best company please.

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

really....so many think this is the best gen?

PC>. . . . .>16/8 >>>> 32/64 >> 128 >>> Wii >>>> HD

I'm talking games Fun/quality there.... (PC cheats as it's a 30 years periode)

... maybe it'll reach 128 quality with the next 2 years releases... but I think it'll stay below.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

Yea I gotta say my least favorite thing about this gen is the failure rate and the fanboys.

PSN ID: KingFate_

don't really agree with number 1. Thinking number one is true would just mean you don't like fps. Someone who doesn't like platformers would feel the same way about the past. Its also funny how you listed pretty average games as the unique fpses. While like with all genres there are run of the mill completely generic games, there are many more that are interesting, and no its not 13 year olds that fuel the games' good sales. Bioshock and its suspense+plasmids, halo 3 and its map editor + perfecting the run and gun multiplayer, killzone 2 and its realistic approach, and COD a good unrealistic military shooter, all play very differently from one another and you would enjoy most if you truely enjoy the fps genre. I would list others, but I only want to list the games I've played, and i hated resistance 2.

5. Agreed. But then I hate that genre so I'm bound to agree.
4. Agreed, but that's merely down to them being given a voice thanks to the internet.
3. Partially agree, because I've had consoles fail on me before. It probably ties in with point 4 as to why it's seen as more of a big deal than before.
2. Partially agree, I like HD gaming, but my eyes glaze over whenever I go into a forum and see people talking about 4xAA or some other technobabble as being vital to a game. I have no idea what it is. I do not care what it is. I do not care if the game I'm playing has it or not, or if the same game on another platform does but this one doesn't.
1. Erm...

VGChartz

Every current generation blows!

but once the next generation begins it will slowly take its place among the "best generation ever" which is all of them!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Seece said:
Microsoft fanboys the worst? lol I thought it was general consensus on the internet Sony were the worst fanboys! What is PCP btw?

VGC community is the only one who thinks like that