By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 5 Reasons why this generation Blows! Agree or disagree?

5 Reasons why this generation Blows! Agree or disagree?

Yep, it blows! Wii + HD = Wack! 33 9.17%

Errr.....no. It's my fave! 137 38.06%

16-Bit Era all the way! 74 20.56%

32-Bit Era all the way! 66 18.33%

8-Bit Era all the way! 12 3.33%

PC Gamers Unite! 37 10.28%

Total:359
pizzahut451 said:
Seece said:
Microsoft fanboys the worst? lol I thought it was general consensus on the internet Sony were the worst fanboys! What is PCP btw?

VGC community is the only one who thinks like that

Well in the interests of not having the article look like it was blatantly written by a Sony fan it would have been fairer to add examples of each fanboy.  The pretentious elitist Wii fanboy who thinks motion controls should never be released on either Sony or Microsoft's consoles as they were too narrow minded to grasp the beautiful glorious vision of motion gaming originally.  The Sony fanboy that cannot win a debate so instead spams every forum with endless lists of games they have no idea of when will be released, use the tagline this is the year of the PS3, with the highly amusing end tag line of just wait (oh the irony).

Pretty much all the reasons in the OP are complete garbage in my opinion and I've been gaming for around 20 years so have seen a few generations.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Microsoft fanboys the worst? lol I thought it was general consensus on the internet Sony were the worst fanboys! What is PCP btw?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phencyclidine PCP fucks you up! It can fuck up you really badly.

PSN ID: KingFate_

I started with the 8 bit era,so I have to go with that one.

been decent so far

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

forest-spirit said:
The lack of proper Suikoden and Valkyrie Profile games this gen says it all. It really sux

16-bit generation FTW!!!

But...those games came out in the 32 bit gen.

But I agree with you, it sucks we're getting screwed on proper sequels of those series, along with many others.  However, that just goes back to my point that developers aren't listening to the fans and just trying to make cheap games as fast as they can for quick profit.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network

whenever anyone keeps saying back in the day,they are usually talking rubbish and were not actually there back in the day,

can't we just enjoy our new toys,i love my hdtv,hd movies,PC and ps3,if people like playing fps,so what let them,there are plenty of games for everyone

whenever i've played games over the years i've always been impressed how they looked/played becuase i hadn't seen the next/new game yet and i remember when my dad brought back a zx81 for me and my brother to play with and i thought wow,cool squarish blobs

Above & Beyond

jonnhytesta said:
100 % agree, american developers are killing gaming with their sandbox/fps crap obsession.

No, you are killing gaming with your avatar.

the next developer makes an fps im gonna make an entire thread dedicated of how much they suck lol

Not a shooter fan but they are taking a beating right now aren't they? On vgc esp.. Good visuals help the gaming experience but I don't see 1920p making as big a difference or being the standard anytime soon.

Even I am starting to look back at ESIII and Kotor with nostalgia. Where are ESV and K3 anyway? It's as much about the 'formative' years and the joy in a new experience as it is quality imo. Pop those oldies in the box for a reality check if you can. If we could hand kids from 1987 GOW3 or ME2 their little heads would explode. Pop, pop, pop and not from the continuum shattering paradox.

I don't like how devs are getting lazy and are releasing unfinished games.