By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 5 Reasons why this generation Blows! Agree or disagree?

5 Reasons why this generation Blows! Agree or disagree?

Yep, it blows! Wii + HD = Wack! 33 9.17%

Errr.....no. It's my fave! 137 38.06%

16-Bit Era all the way! 74 20.56%

32-Bit Era all the way! 66 18.33%

8-Bit Era all the way! 12 3.33%

PC Gamers Unite! 37 10.28%

Total:359

Well Wii+DS is better than my previous favorite generation (super nes+gameboy).

So no, this gen is great! Best so far, probably (too bad I'm not a kid anymore).

Around the Network

I remember the days before the current consoles launched. There was so much empty hope. A known expectation that it seemed so lifeless. Now that we are in the generation there is a high sentiment from the Upstream market of how it blows. Talk about unexpected. not. This is the behavior when the product starts overshooting and is going to crash.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

CGI-Quality said:
Attoyou said:

Agreed

You didn't vote. -_-

uhhh ya I did?? 32bit All the Way......

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

this generation has more functionality in the system's to go along with the game's so i think this is the best generation Sofar for me. that is. there are just d@mn good software this generation no matter what platform. to me the software is there and that is what count's the added extra's that go along with it is just a bonus.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

5. Should be too many mediocre shooters. There's nothing wrong with Halo or CoD4, its the 1 million mediocre ones that are annoying.

4. Yeah fanboys are pretty fucking annoying

3. 360 is really the only console that breaks often. I know PS3 has YLoD but that's nowhere near as bad as RRoD.

2. This is a positive not a negative. After playing tons of HD games I can't even imagine going back to last gen systems.

1. What?

Around the Network

I agree. It feels weird to be reluctant to get myself a new console because there are simply not enough games I want.

As opposed to the 32-bit and 128-bit eras (PSX/SAT/PS2/DC) where I'd lost count of how many games I wanted.

Last but not least: War games and FPS DIE IN A FIRE PLEASE. -.-

Well I would say 5th generation was the best!!!
6th was awesome too...

This generation kinda sucks... I think it is not because of games or anything but I hate it because all the Downloads DLC, even online... I want it to be simpler!!!

How isin't Braid HD? All games on the PS3 besides PS1 classics have HD functionality.

I voted 32-bit, i only got my first console with 16-bit, sega megadrive, then a snes.. they were sweet but my fondest gaming memory's are definitely with my ps1. Games like tekken 3, ff7 and gran turismo turned me into the gamer i am today.... which is a sleep deprived insomniac XD.

I don't agree with the part about HD not being good, more to the point i don't agree with people who say graphics arnt important. While i do enjoy many games that arn't graphically amazing i support developers who continue to push the limits of graphics and tech. If developers didn't push the limits we would not be where we are now, and who knows how far we can go with graphics. Continue to push developers!!

CGI-Quality said:
I knew this article would spark loads of interesting discussions.

@ Montana: For the most part, I'm with you. But right now, the gen does feel a little over-saturated with redundant FPS games. Not a complaint on my part, more of an observation. If each FPS is different enough in a way, it isn't as big a deal. MAG, Killzone 2, Call of Duty, & Halo are all different types of FPS titles. It's the ones that try to copy and offer nothing original that get old.

How is KZ2 different? 

Its just Sci fi CoD but moving like a tank and weird controls.

(No offense to any KZ2 fans if you like the game thats fine)

While others have done new things

MAG-First console game with 256 players

CoD-  Was the first FPS to introduce a RPG like element  into shooting games, as well as people die in a few shots.

Halo- Not really anything new besides the map editor.