By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Square Enix and Microsoft teaming up again for E3

Hmmm...would E3 really be the place to announce a sequel to Valkyrie Profile?...I don´t think most people there will care..

Around the Network
JGarret said:
Hmmm...would E3 really be the place to announce a sequel to Valkyrie Profile?...I don´t think most people there will care..

A select few will, like me, but considering how about 75-80% of it's sales (possibly more) come from Japan I would think that TGS would be the place to announce it.

Hopefully it is multiplat though and releasing on the same date. 

@Jarrod

I was wondering why RoF felt so much like VP when I was running around towns.

I made the comparison in this very thread and didn't even notice that it was because the game was made by the same team.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

If the games are mutliplat, everythings gonna be alright.

But I think that the announcement of VP on the E3 isn't the right place and especially the Microsoft Conference. I think this is just a rumour, because VP should be announced on TGS or at least on the Sony Conf.

Quite funny how some of you are trying to compare a HUGE series like Final Fantasy to Star Ocean/Valkyrie Profile in terms of sales on the 360.

Nabraham said:
Carl2291 said:
If true, I guess they don't like sales all that much.

FFXIII has shown where SE need to be if they plan on doing exclusive stuff...

Yea, i'm sure square didn't care for the million + sales FF13 has done on the 360.....

WHERE THE HELL DID I SAY THAT!?

Around the Network
Xephonai said:
Xmanny2009X said:
Xephonai said:

WAIT A MINUTE!!

Could you just imagine Final Fantasy VII shown at E3 with a timed exclusive for the 360. O man I would laugh so hard and watch as the internet explodes.

I wonder which would be bigger?

Halo Reach goes multiplat or FF7 remake 360 exclusive?  Or both?

The world will go:

NONONONONNON.

Call of Duty: MW3 WII EXCLUSIVE NEVER TO HIT 360, PS3 or PC

o.0 XD!

Fanboy rage will destroy the universe!

Currently playing

MLB 09: The Show(PS3)

Carl2291 said:
If true, I guess they don't like sales all that much.

FFXIII has shown where SE need to be if they plan on doing exclusive stuff...

I completly agree with you on final fantasy showing them where there exclusives should be, and I do think square likes sales.  But one thing I think they like more is all the money microsoft is throwing at them to keep these games on there console.  Its kind of sad really.  It makes you wonder how much money microsoft is really giving square...enough for the lack luster sales on the 360....enough to make up for the exlusive advertising campaign the game got on the 360.  I dont know all of this just seems so backwards to me.

Wagram said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Wagram said:
They need to fire that stupid jack ass they call Yoichi Wada.

No.....I think They need to fire that "Sony fanboy" douche thats making FF13 Versus....WADA atleast realises there great games should be played by everyone

Great News

Did you even read this damn thread at all? It was about that there games SHOULD be multi-plat. Your WADA comment also makes 0 sense. Since when did everyone = 360?

zing

I like Valkyrie Profile. But honestly I would rather see a new Star Ocean.

Staying 360 exclusive for this would be idiotic unless they are receiving large moneybags.
The audience would be so limited; it would be near impossible to attain anything past 350k.

Same for Breath of Fire.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."