By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Square Enix and Microsoft teaming up again for E3

Ravage27 said:
LordMatrix said

Lost Odyssey is stil the best sellign exclusive JRPG btw

you know that's not true. Anyway i doubt VP will be an exclusive, Tri-Ace have to be borderline retarded if they want to repeat their SO4 mistake. This is a franchise that can profit from Japan's sales alone and SE isn't going to kill it with stupid timed exclusivity on a system with the fewest JRPG fans.

White Knight Chronicles is the only one that has come close. I am speaking about this generation only BTW. Star Ocean 4 did just fine. I agree that it likely will not be exclusive but it may be timed though. Either way idc because I will be able to play it. I would prefer it to be Multi on day one so that more people can play it right out of the gate but if it is timed those that want it right away will get it then and those that want to wait will buy it later. Star Ocean:TLH did better on X360 than WKC did on PS3 as an exclusive title no less.

Current sales according to vgchartz:

Lost Odyssey 810,000

White Knight Chronicles 530,000

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Wagram said:
They need to fire that stupid jack ass they call Yoichi Wada.

No.....I think They need to fire that "Sony fanboy" douche thats making FF13 Versus....WADA atleast realises there great games should be played by everyone

Great News

Did you even read this damn thread at all? It was about that there games SHOULD be multi-plat. Your WADA comment also makes 0 sense. Since when did everyone = 360?

Did you even read the article? Nowhere does it state it's going to be a 360 exclusive. Also let's not forget it's a rumor. Lots of BS rumors pop up this time of year. Your reactions/comments to this are pretty hilarious....in a sad way.

Wagram said:
bugrimmar said:
to all those hating on square for backing the 360:

what do you want them to do, say no to money?

MS: ey square, you want a few million dollars to make a game (timed) exclusive for us?
Square: hm, but the 360 doesn't sell the types of games we make...

Square thinks for a minute.... : sales = money.. so we want sales.. but if they want to pay us for the money we would make anyway for sales....

Square: how much money is that again exactly?

think about it. sure they want to sell their game. but they only want to sell it to make money. if someone were to pay them the money they were going to make anyway from sales, why not? it's a hell of a lot better too coz the money is going to be there before development, so essentially square has nothing to lose.

Nothing to lose? HELLO?!!?!

How about the credibilty of their games, and the loss of the fans that could have purchased future installments?

And also game-related merchandise like apparel, figurines, CDs, posters, etc.  Not to mention DLC as well.  If the actual game doesn't well, the DLC will sell even less.  Unless MS is paying to cover for all the bases, it's a stupid move by S-E.

LordMatrix said:
Ravage27 said:
LordMatrix said

you know that's not true. Anyway i doubt VP will be an exclusive, Tri-Ace have to be borderline retarded if they want to repeat their SO4 mistake. This is a franchise that can profit from Japan's sales alone and SE isn't going to kill it with stupid timed exclusivity on a system with the fewest JRPG fans.

White Knight Chronicles is the only one that has come close. I am speaking about this generation only BTW. Star Ocean 4 did just fine. I agree that it likely will not be exclusive but it may be timed though. Either way idc because I will be able to play it. I would prefer it to be Multi on day one so that more people can play it right out of the gate but if it is timed those that want it right away will get it then and those that want to wait will buy it later. Star Ocean:TLH did better on X360 than WKC did on PS3 as an exclusive title no less.

Lost Odyssey 810,000

I was actually referring to Valkyria Chronicles, which sold more than LO. Anyway, it isn't fair to compare SO4 with WKC. On one hand you have a new IP and on the other a huge franchise(2nd only to FF&DQ) with a following dating back to the SNE days (SO1,SO2,SO:BS,SO3,SO4).  Do you really think SO4 will receive the same abysmal sales had it released day one as a PS3 exclusive or even as a multiplat?

Xmanny2009X said:
Xephonai said:

WAIT A MINUTE!!

Could you just imagine Final Fantasy VII shown at E3 with a timed exclusive for the 360. O man I would laugh so hard and watch as the internet explodes.

I wonder which would be bigger?

Halo Reach goes multiplat or FF7 remake 360 exclusive?  Or both?

The world will go:

NONONONONNON.

Call of Duty: MW3 WII EXCLUSIVE NEVER TO HIT 360, PS3 or PC

Want the Key to Eternal Life?
read about it here:
http://www.cipherwire.net/eternal_life.html

Wii Friend Code: 7592-1692-7773-4859

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
If true, I guess they don't like sales all that much.

FFXIII has shown where SE need to be if they plan on doing exclusive stuff...

Yea, i'm sure square didn't care for the million + sales FF13 has done on the 360.....

Had to change my sig to get some moderator to quit bitching about it......

Wew...so let me get this straight are ppl implying that because ff13 sold 1m on 360 excluisvity is justified? yeh they shud deffinitly ignore the 3.5m copies of ff13 sold on ps3........(LOL thats like ignoring 80% of the fanbase AHAHAHAH).

LordMatrix said:
Ravage27 said:
LordMatrix said

Lost Odyssey 810,000

Uh, Hello?! Valkyria Chronicles! It outsold Lost Odyssey.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
LordMatrix said:
Ravage27 said:
LordMatrix said

Lost Odyssey 810,000

So will demon souls after it gets release in EU or if it ever does.

Ping_ii said:
huaxiong90 said:
LordMatrix said:
Ravage27 said:
LordMatrix said

Lost Odyssey 810,000

So will demon souls after it gets release in EU or if it ever does.

Sony needs to get that game out in EU already. I have the game thankfully, but Sony are missing out on some good sales.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!