By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Square Enix and Microsoft teaming up again for E3

Nightwish224 said:
I think the internet will blow up again if we have another E3 2008. I'm not sure majority of vgchartz can handle that again.

What happened in E3 2008?  I missed that one because i went on vacation.  Please and thank you.

Edit:  My super spelling fail! XD

Currently playing

MLB 09: The Show(PS3)

Around the Network

Rumors says the exclusive is Valkyria Profile
http://www.gofanboy.com/go-fanboy-news/2363-square-enix-bringing-valkyrie-profile-sequel-to-xbox-360-and-more
A cult celebrated RPH but not a sales blockbuster

Carl2291 said:
shinyuhadouken said:
Carl2291 said:
If true, I guess they don't like sales all that much.

FFXIII has shown where SE need to be if they plan on doing exclusive stuff...

since when is 1 million not enough? ff13 is still selling decent even without any sales from japan.

Tell me where i said 1 Million units was not enough please.

Right there.

I was hoping Valkyrie Profile would be on the PS3 at the very least. Oh well, it's not enough to make me buy a 360. I'll hope for a timed-exclusive then. Also, no FFXIV? Really?

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

lol. This is so fake it hurts.

The VP team just finished ROF. We won't see VP3 for like 2-3 more years.

And BoF's dead...

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Well another Tri-Ace game is going to fail due to lack of multi-plat.

Star Ocean:TLH and Infinite Undiscovery have both sold just fine on Xbox 360. As for Final Fantasy 13 it has done great on Xbox 360 as well. In America Final Fantasy only sole a few 100 thousand or more on PS3. Even in Europe it didn't do bad on Xbox 360. If anything the sales of Final fantasy 13 sales on X360 proves that multiplatform is really the best route to go with a JRPG nowadays because both PS3/X360 have a fanbase for them.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Carl2291 said:
nightsurge said:
Carl2291 said:
If true, I guess they don't like sales all that much.

FFXIII has shown where SE need to be if they plan on doing exclusive stuff...

Oh come now.  FFXIII was always destined to sell more on PS3.  It's been a PS franchise for 2 generations now.  Other SE games would obviously sell much differently.

So was Star Ocean!

Look what happened with that! If they released it Multi on day 1 it would have possibly doubled what it did with 360 timed exclusive.

Either way every JRPG on X360 helped build the fanbase on the system whether it is exclusive/timed/multi most of them have solf at least half a million. Lost Odyssey is stil the best sellign exclusive JRPG btw and it is only on X360 not PS3. White Knight Chronicles would have beat it but the game is weak.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

jarrod said:
lol. This is so fake it hurts.

The VP team just finished ROF. We won't see VP3 for like 2-3 more years.

And BoF's dead...

Resonance of Fate sadly is dead as you said. It should have sold more but I don't think it's goign to have any legs. The forced grinding throughout the whole game and the weak story doesn't help it's cause. I am on Chapter 6 and the story has yet to kick off. I heard on a video review that the story picks up a lot closer towards the end but why should we have to wait that long to finally get to the good parts.

This might be fake it might not. IMO I hope it isn't because I would love to play Breath of Fire and Valkyrie Profile (Played PSP version but never on a console).

Wagram said:
bugrimmar said:
to all those hating on square for backing the 360:

what do you want them to do, say no to money?

MS: ey square, you want a few million dollars to make a game (timed) exclusive for us?
Square: hm, but the 360 doesn't sell the types of games we make...

Square thinks for a minute.... : sales = money.. so we want sales.. but if they want to pay us for the money we would make anyway for sales....

Square: how much money is that again exactly?

think about it. sure they want to sell their game. but they only want to sell it to make money. if someone were to pay them the money they were going to make anyway from sales, why not? it's a hell of a lot better too coz the money is going to be there before development, so essentially square has nothing to lose.

Nothing to lose? HELLO?!!?!

How about the credibilty of their games, and the loss of the fans that could have purchased future installments?

Do you enjoy making yourself sound like a fanboy?  Come on dude! Who cares if it comes to X360 it doesn't hurt anything. It is nothing more than a benefit for those of us who enjoy playing JRPG games and have an X360. I don't get why you and Carl are whining abotu this so much you guys are both Multi-Console owners yet you guys complain about it coming to a system you own. Goign hurt the credibility lol come on are you serious??!!

LordMatrix said

Lost Odyssey is stil the best sellign exclusive JRPG btw

you know that's not true. Anyway i doubt VP will be an exclusive, Tri-Ace have to be borderline retarded if they want to repeat their SO4 mistake. This is a franchise that can profit from Japan's sales alone and SE isn't going to kill it with stupid timed exclusivity on a system with the fewest JRPG fans.