By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Alby_da_Wolf said:
DirtyP2002 said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ps3 is doing amazing so far this year. i wonder how much its gonna sell in total this year? i mean fiscal year so they beat 13 milion last year, i think they could hit 15 million this year.

not without another price-cut. The effect will decrease this holiday season. Especially when Natal, Halo Reach, a Xbox Slim and Fable III will launch with a $50 price-cut. That might eat some of the PS3 sales.

---

the software seems to be way way off. Forza Motorsport just selling 16k even with an awesome bundle for the elite with Halo ODST can't be correct. Especially when you think about the $50 giftcard thing.

Both games are up WoW by ~7.9k and this is a first clue about tracking being not so wrong. For FM3 this leap is >90% WoW, did you expect more?

100k Xbox 360 sold and only 7.9k picked up the elite with 2 blockbuster games? Come on.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
DirtyP2002 said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ps3 is doing amazing so far this year. i wonder how much its gonna sell in total this year? i mean fiscal year so they beat 13 milion last year, i think they could hit 15 million this year.

not without another price-cut. The effect will decrease this holiday season. Especially when Natal, Halo Reach, a Xbox Slim and Fable III will launch with a $50 price-cut. That might eat some of the PS3 sales.

---

the software seems to be way way off. Forza Motorsport just selling 16k even with an awesome bundle for the elite with Halo ODST can't be correct. Especially when you think about the $50 giftcard thing.

Both games are up WoW by ~7.9k and this is a first clue about tracking being not so wrong. For FM3 this leap is >90% WoW, did you expect more?

100k Xbox 360 sold and only 7.9k picked up the elite with 2 blockbuster games? Come on.

Yes blockbusters that sold a lot, but that currently were selling ~8.6k and ~13.5k and were respectively 21st and 8th as weekly sales in XB360 strongest zone http://www.vgchartz.com/aweekly.php?date=40265&console=X360&maker=&boxartz=1# , and that with that bundle jumped to 7th and 5th http://www.vgchartz.com/aweekly.php?date=40272&console=X360&maker=&boxartz=1# . Looks quite reasonable, and as both games aren't in their launch period, but showing their legs, nothing forbids that the effect of the bundle lasts more than just one week. In my town GoW III PS3 bundles are still available, although in little supply, despite it being a blockbuster title just after its launch and still very hyped, I wouldn't expect a bundle of two games that already had a Xmas at their disposal to sell out in one week now. We're still in time for adjustments, though, so let's wait and see.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
DirtyP2002 said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

---

Yes blockbusters that sold a lot, but that currently were selling ~8.6k and ~13.5k and were respectively 21st and 8th as weekly sales in XB360 strongest zone http://www.vgchartz.com/aweekly.php?date=40265&console=X360&maker=&boxartz=1# , and that with that bundle jumped to 7th and 5th http://www.vgchartz.com/aweekly.php?date=40272&console=X360&maker=&boxartz=1# . Looks quite reasonable, and as both games aren't in their launch period, but showing their legs, nothing forbids that the effect of the bundle lasts more than just one week. In my town GoW III PS3 bundles are still available, although in little supply, despite it being a blockbuster title just after its launch and still very hyped, I wouldn't expect a bundle of two games that already had a Xmas at their disposal to sell out in one week now. We're still in time for adjustments, though, so let's wait and see.

Check GotY bundle last year. Fable II and Halo 3 were bundled with the elite (for $399!) and both had bigger numbers than ODST and Forza today at $299. oO

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
DirtyP2002 said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

---

Check GotY bundle last year. Fable II and Halo 3 were bundled with the elite (for $399!) and both had bigger numbers than ODST and Forza today at $299. oO

Fable II is bigger than FM3, Halo 3 is a lot bigger than H3 ODST, and a bigger HW seller too, as it's more likely that an ODST buyer already has an XB 360 than a Halo 3 buyer. Neither ODST nor FM3 are the first games of their series on XB360, it's perfectly natural thet they aren't HW sellers as strong as first games.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

So Sony won again ? I won't accept those numbers.

Around the Network
Brennan said:
So Sony won again ? I won't accept those numbers.

Sony had shortages for weeks so there's excess demand in the Americas for the PS3, I'm surprised it didn't outsell the 360 by more honestly

Wow. No huge boost for the DSi XL launch? and I Ctrl+F "XL" and no one mentioned it. O_o