By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

If the PSP's NA sales were a dick, it'd be so tiny that not even a squirrel wouldn't feel the penetration. Those are truly pitiful numbers.
DS is gonna have a stellar week ww it seem, easily topping 350k and Wii will be damn close to 300k it seems.
MS better hope Natal works wonders at this rate, being beaten even in their strongest regions lately (UK and US) but I think a price cut and a possible slim will easily put the 360 back in the game (perhaps back in the HD lead as well).

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Smeags said:

Hoorah!

Console Last Week
This Week
140,657 155,643
130,097 137,733
109,831 107,127
104,685 102,653
38,488 35,491

DS up 14,698
Wii up 7,636
360 down 2,032
PS3 down 2,704
PSP down 2,997

Console Last Year
This Year
148,998 155,643
119,220 137,733
63,782 102,653
50,086 107,127
40,223 35,491

PS3 up 57,041
360 up 38,871
Wii up 18,513
DS up 6,645
PSP down 4,732

What the hell has Microsoft done that makes the Xbox 360 up so much YOY in America when they were coming off a massive price drop last year but not this year?

• Netflix?
  • Movies on Demand?
  • Live FM?
  • Something else?

Because of certain discounts at Amazon, Wallmart and other Shops...

DirtyP2002 said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ps3 is doing amazing so far this year. i wonder how much its gonna sell in total this year? i mean fiscal year so they beat 13 milion last year, i think they could hit 15 million this year.

not without another price-cut. The effect will decrease this holiday season. Especially when Natal, Halo Reach, a Xbox Slim and Fable III will launch with a $50 price-cut. That might eat some of the PS3 sales.

---

the software seems to be way way off. Forza Motorsport just selling 16k even with an awesome bundle for the elite with Halo ODST can't be correct. Especially when you think about the $50 giftcard thing.

Don't forget 3D marketing (Avatar 3D blu-ray + PS3 = wow!) and Move for PS3. Oh yeah, and Gran Turismo 5, and Sony E3 conference.

Looked through software... holy crap did WarioWare bomb!

rccsetzer said:
DirtyP2002 said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ps3 is doing amazing so far this year. i wonder how much its gonna sell in total this year? i mean fiscal year so they beat 13 milion last year, i think they could hit 15 million this year.

not without another price-cut. The effect will decrease this holiday season. Especially when Natal, Halo Reach, a Xbox Slim and Fable III will launch with a $50 price-cut. That might eat some of the PS3 sales.

---

the software seems to be way way off. Forza Motorsport just selling 16k even with an awesome bundle for the elite with Halo ODST can't be correct. Especially when you think about the $50 giftcard thing.

Don't forget 3D marketing (Avatar 3D blu-ray + PS3 = wow!) and Move for PS3. Oh yeah, and Gran Turismo 5, and Sony E3 conference.

Please 3D will do nothing this year unless Sony throws in a 3D TV.  Since when do holiday consumers pay attention to E3?

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network

I wonder if the ps3 outsells 360 next week in NA. That would be something.

another week PS3 above 200K nice. not so nice for PSP though.

Wow, why did Warioware DIY bomb so much? I was expecting that game to be in the top 10 and it barely scratched 10k in NA. I wonder if this will just be another one of Nintendo's slow-starting hits once people find out about it.

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Wii to be above 300,000? only needs 32K in Japan.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

DirtyP2002 said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

---

Both games are up WoW by ~7.9k and this is a first clue about tracking being not so wrong. For FM3 this leap is >90% WoW, did you expect more?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!