By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales 3/29 ~ 4/4

NSMB Wii is singlehandedly the Wii's savior in Japan. Seriously, PS3 would be beating it to a pulp right now had it not been for that game. Now Nintendo just needs to find that next smash hit evergreen title that will continue to carry it, as NSMB Wii cannot do the job forever. Perhaps Wii Relax will be that game.

Around the Network

Don't forget that PS3 has had, what two price drops in Japan to get to this level? The Wii baseline is partially based on the 20,000 Yen price point.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

alfredofroylan said:
gekkokamen said:
Still Hokuto at the top? so weird...

The thick eyebrows. Seems like Japan loves thick eyebrows

If I were an evil man I'd say something like; "no wonder with such thin cocks". But I won't.

Metallicube said:
NSMB Wii is singlehandedly the Wii's savior in Japan. Seriously, PS3 would be beating it to a pulp right now had it not been for that game. Now Nintendo just needs to find that next smash hit evergreen title that will continue to carry it, as NSMB Wii cannot do the job forever. Perhaps Wii Relax will be that game.

Wait, somebody called me?

Oh, never mind.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

jarrod said:
NYANKS said:
My God, if Wii didn't have Mario bros. Japan would be mighty barren for Wii owners....

WF+, Mario Kart and WSR are also engrained in the top 30.  Actually, even Taiko 2, Momotaru 2010, Smash Brawl and the Susume reprints make an appearance now and then.

Wii's been coasting on evergreens basically this whole Q1.  The ~30k baseline makes like no sense to me personally, Japan is NOT sending Nintendo the right message. :/

It's still pathetic compared to early 2008 and ultimately Nintendo have got the correct message. If you look at the year overall they're giving a lot of support for Wii in Japan. It's the lack of third parties that make it look bleak in spite of that.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network
TheSource said:

Don't forget that PS3 has had, what two price drops in Japan to get to this level? The Wii baseline is partially based on the 20,000 Yen price point.

The PS3 would never have sold this well at it's launch pricepoint. Or even after it's first price cut... No matter what games it had. Now it's finally at a comparable pricepoint with Wii in Japan (and it is having the best 3rd party support out of the 3 consoles in Japan) we are finally seeing some competition.

It's excellent how the PS3 is doing in Japan both hardware-wise and software-wise despite only selling half of what the Wii has total.

Demotruk said:
jarrod said:
NYANKS said:
My God, if Wii didn't have Mario bros. Japan would be mighty barren for Wii owners....

WF+, Mario Kart and WSR are also engrained in the top 30.  Actually, even Taiko 2, Momotaru 2010, Smash Brawl and the Susume reprints make an appearance now and then.

Wii's been coasting on evergreens basically this whole Q1.  The ~30k baseline makes like no sense to me personally, Japan is NOT sending Nintendo the right message. :/

It's still pathetic compared to early 2008 and ultimately Nintendo have got the correct message. If you look at the year overall they're giving a lot of support for Wii in Japan. It's the lack of third parties that make it look bleak in spite of that.

I partly blame Nintendo for that too honestly.  Yes they're doing a lot, but if the schedule's like this, they need to do more.  Whatever it takes really, there's no good reason for Wii's barren 3rd party lineup...

TheSource said:

Tbh: so what? If it had 1 price drop of 200 dollars, would that make it more or less impressive?

One could easily say: The 360 has had two price cuts as well, and it's still dead in the water.

TheSource said:

Don't forget a major redesign/rebranding, multiple colors and hardware bundles for like every semi-big game.  Wii and 360 have done the latter two as well, but not near to the same degree.  Sony really does EVERYTHING they can to get the collectors to keep dipping...

TheSource said:

Nintendo Defense Force is back!

Oh gasp, thats The Source.. whatever

NDF!

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY